Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

Hugs and Unicorns

*Frank's POV*

I smiled slightly as I observed Mikey walk to the kitchen: A huge grin on his face while he waddled slightly. Granted, I was waddling too... but it was still entertaining to know that Mikey had had a very special birthday. Gerard noticed his brother's awkward movement as well. Twitching slightly and smiling, he shook his head to look at me.

"So, what should we do as a late birthday celebration for Mikey? I mean I got a cake, but what else?" he whispered, making sure Mikey was away in the kitchen with Bob before leaning over to Ray and me. Before we could answer Gerard jumped up as though he had just realized he was on fire, and ran to the kitchen.

"Oh God!" we heard him shout with horror, he had obviously interrupted something. Ray and I burst out laughing as Mikey and Bob shuffled back into the living room, tails between their legs (so to speak). I stood up and headed into the kitchen after Gee. Ray shrieked with laughter as he realized I was walking just like Mikey was.

"Damn, you boys have been busy lately!" he choked out between giggles.

*Gerard's POV*

"So, uh, why exactly did you have to rush in here to become scarred for life?" Frank asked me.

"The cake's in the fridge, I didn't want Mikey to see it." I explained. Frank nodded, comprehension dawning on his face.

"And why is Ray laughing like a maniac?" I asked him.

"Cause we're all fuckin' like bunnies. And he isn't getting any, I'm guessing." Frank giggled and looked at the microwave's digital display: 1:37.

"You wanna just bring out the cake now? I mean, you might as well."

I nodded and pulled it from the fridge, laying it out on the counter. Frank stood right behind me, trying to get a good look as I opened the box.

"Ooh! That's fucking fabulous!" he shrieked into my ear.

"Ow! And yeah, it is." We both laughed. I put a tiny pink candle in the center of the cake and lit it. The words written in blue frosting flickered from the little candle light: "Buon Compleanno Mikey!"

"Ray, get in here for a minute!" Frank called.

"What is it?" he asked as he entered. He smiled widely as he saw the cake. "Oh Mikey's gonna love this!"

I smiled and handed him and Frank some plates and forks. I picked up the cake and the three of us made our way back into the living room, singing "happy birthday" as we went. Mikey hopped up from the couch, trying to get a look at the cake, when he did he squealed and clapped like a five-year-old. I gently put the cake down on the coffee table just as we finished singing.

"It's - It's - It's a fucking unicorn!" Mikey shrieked happily. We all burst out laughing as he ran around giving each of us hugs.

After the five of us demolished the pretty little vanilla unicorn cake Mikey spoke.

"Can we go in and record the last three tracks today?"

"Sounds good." I nodded as I pulled my cell out to call the studio and let them know we'd be coming in. We all piled into Bob's van and made our way to the recording studio, chattering just like the teenagers we were about to sing about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Now I want a unicorn birthday cake... lol. *wanders off humming "Teenagers" *
Comments bring me joy and bring you cookies.
~aep