Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

Not Doomed

*Ray's POV*

"Ray!" Victoria shouted as she jumped up to give me a hug the moment I walked through the door.

"Hey, Victoria," I said. Maria stifled a laugh as Victoria hopped down and ran off to her room.

"She's a bit hyper," Maria said. I nodded. She took my hand and together we walked to the living room, settling ourselves on the couch.

"What's up?" I asked, unsure of what else to say. We hadn't really spoken since I had told her about the touring. She took a deep breath and began to speak.

"Well, I was thinking... I don't want to lose you but it's not like I can go with you and you can't stay, so," she paused. I waited for her to continue talking when she didn't, I spoke.

"Okay. What did you have in mind?"

"I really don't know. Maybe I could take a plane to visit you once in a while. Maybe a weekend every other month or something. I know that's probably not enough to keep us going but it's something..." she finished lamely.

I nodded, "And I could probably work it with the guys so I could take a month off here and there. I'm sure they could get a replacement for at least some parts of the tour."

"That would be great! But would that be okay with the band?" Maria asked.

"They'd understand, I'm sure. I mean they have the people they love right there with them, so giving me some breaks to see you would only be fair." Maria smiled widely and moved a bit closer to me on the couch. I put my arm around her and she laid back against me.

"Oh, I completely forgot -- the tour might take off later than planned because of a court situation Gerard is in. He's testifying against his attacker." I said.

Maria turned to look at me. "Who else is testifying?"

"Uh, Lavender, I think. She was your patient too, right? Gee hasn't said too much about it. It's a bit of a sore topic, obviously." Maria nodded, there was something she wasn't saying. I didn't press the subject though, I was too happy to spend time with her again, especially now that it didn't feel as though our relationship was doomed.

Suddenly Victoria skidded out of her room, holding a VHS high in her little hand. "Beauty and the Beast?!" she asked us excitedly. We both burst out laughing and nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter, not particularly happy with it. I'm trying to get back into my writing groove because I've been feeling a bit blocked. So I'm sorry if this and the next couple of chapters are just filler-ish.
COMMENTS!
~aep