Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

The Hobbit

*Frank's POV*

After putting off touring for over six months we had to do something. Especially with how successful The Black Parade album had been. So the five of us stood backstage at a local stadium; Ray, Mikey, and I tuning up while Bob arranged his drum set and Gerard vocalized. Gerard stopped warming up and coughed, gripping his throat and grimacing he waved to us.

Mikey walked over to his brother with a water bottle in his hand. "You okay?" he asked. Gerard gulped down half the bottle and nodded. He looked extremely nervous.

"Yeah, we haven't played in a while... and this is a whole new thing. We're the Black Parade when we get out on that stage." Mikey said understandingly. Gerard shook his head and whispered something in Mikey's ear. Mikey backed away from Gee, his eyes wide, a delighted grin on his face. He squealed excitedly and rushed over to Bob and Ray, whispering to them too. Big grins erupted on their faces as well.

"Fine, I know what's going on. You're leaving dear old Frodo Baggins out of the loop again!" I said, calling myself by the nickname they had adopted for me because of my short height. Mikey, Ray, and Bob just giggled while Gerard gulped and smiled awkwardly. I glared at all of them, annoyed at being left out of the joke.

After another moment of standing awkwardly with the water bottle clutched in his hand like a lifeline he made his way over to me. Gerard opened his mouth as he came closer, then closed it, obviously unsure as to what to say.

"Gee, what is it?" I asked.

"Frankie, I love you," he began. I smiled.

"I love you too," I whispered. He nodded nervously and plowed on.

"A-And I've known you for so long, as a friend. But in this past year it's changed. And..." Gee sighed and stared into my questioning eyes. "W-Will you marry me?"

I gasped. Gerard looked terrified that I was about to say no. A smile slowly spread across my lips. "Yes, Gerard, I will marry you," I whispered, barely able to speak from happiness. He laughed excitedly and grabbed me in a hug.

"Hey, dumbass, give him the ring." Bob's voice broke through to us. Gerard released me and blushed furiously. He fumbled and pulled a little velvet box from his pocket. He opened it with shaking hands. A beautiful thin band set with a small diamond was nestled in the black velvet. He pulled it out and promptly dropped it.

"Smooth!" Mikey joked. Gerard blushed even more as he quickly bent to get it. His shaking hand reached for mine and he fit it onto my ring finger. My lips collided with his as his arms wrapped around me again. Suddenly a blinding light filtered through my closed eyes.

"Oh shit..." Ray murmured. Gerard and I pulled away from each other to see that the curtain had lifted and 5,000 screaming fans had seen us. The whole world had faded away and no one had noticed the roar of the crowd until the lights bore down on us. The crowd grew louder and the shrieks of excited teenage girls blasted in our ears. I bit my lip and grabbed my guitar quickly, taking my place at the front of the stage, pretending nothing had happened.

The performance went flawlessly, except for the initial embarrassment. But as we all got into the music everything faded, leaving only the instruments, the voice, the message. We made our way into the dressing room. I grabbed Gerard and slammed him against the wall, giggling and kissing him.

He smiled, "I love you."

"I love you too," I whispered into his lips as I kissed him again.

The door opened and Ray, Mikey, and Bob appeared. "Okay, we'll leave you two alo--" Mikey murmured as the three of them quickly closed the door. "But hurry up, we still have to meet some of the fans!" he called out. We both moaned, from pleasure or in defeated agreement, even I wasn't sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
omg. That was sooo much fun to write. tehe. Well, it helps that I'm really hyper at the moment, but still. woot. Tell me what y'all think!
~aep