Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

Pride

*Gerard's POV*

The next day we found ourselves walking through downtown Northampton again. The streets were filling with people and we could hear cheering as a parade began. We rushed into the crowd to see what was going on. Drag queens in elaborate garb danced on a small float that had music blaring from its speakers. Above the first float a huge arch of rainbow-colored balloons swayed in the wind.

Frank was grinning like a five-year-old. He gave my hand a squeeze and squealed "It's a Pride Parade! We stumbled into a Gay Pride Parade!" I smiled broadly as his lips collided with mine. More cheering broke out around us and we all moved along with the parade.

Groups of people marched with banners held proudly in front of them. We even noticed a few church banners decorated with rainbows.

"This is so cool!" Frank squeaked into my ear. I nodded and captured his lips in another kiss. When we broke apart I saw the goofy grin on Frank's face, sheer contentment and bliss radiated from him. We followed the parade until it came to an end in a square behind Main Street.

Tents with rainbow merchandise and food venues called to us. Frank's eyes widened at the ice cream bus parked in the middle of the square. I laughed as he grabbed my hand again, pulling me towards the brightly-painted bus. He wiggled his ass in time to the live music playing at the other end of the square.

***

Frank's face was covered in chocolate ice cream and again I was reminded of the enthusiasm and innocent delight of a child. I leaned in and licked the chocolate from his face. He giggled and threw his arms around me.

"I love my husband!" Frank shouted at the top of his lungs before planting a kiss on my lips. A few people nearby cheered and clapped at that. My arms made their way around Frank's waist and I dipped him low, deepening the kiss. I pulled him back up and we proceeded to ballroom dance as though we were starring in an old movie.

As we twirled, I lost myself in Frank's smiling eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
More sap, but it's fun to write. CoMmEnTs! ! !
~aep