Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

Goodnight

*Lavender's POV*

Crying broke through my sleep and I awoke to see Faith fussing in her crib. I stood up and walked over to her.

"Come here, baby," I cooed as I picked her up. She continued crying. "Are you hungry, sweetie?" I asked, sitting down on the bed with her. I lifted up the baggy T-shirt I used as a pajama top and set her against my breast. Within a moment her cries were stifled as she began to drink.

"Yeah, you're getting to be a big girl, nice and strong." I murmured, rocking her gently. "I can't believe you're already five months! My little Faith is so beautiful," I whispered.

When she was done, I stood and grabbed the burping cloth that hung over the side of her crib, throwing it over my shoulder. I sat her up against my chest and began softly patting her back.

A minute later a giant burp erupted from her lips. "My goodness! How can something so tiny make a sound so big?" I asked, giving her a peck on the cheek. Her head turned to look at me and I could almost swear I saw a little smile on her face. Her eyes squinted shut as her mouth formed a tiny 'O'. I yawned as well, glancing at the digital clock by the bed; 2:37 AM.

"Yeah, time to go back to bed, and let mommy get some sleep too," I told her. She blinked lazily and yawned again. "Oh, you're too cute," I whispered as I laid her back down in her crib. I spun the little plushie mobile above her head and watched as she stared up at it in wonder. I pulled her little pink blankie over her stomach and caressed her tiny cheek. I sang a quiet lullaby;

"Goodnight, sleep tight
No more tears
In the morning I'll be here

And when we say goodnight,
Dry your eyes
Because we said goodnight,
And not goodbye

We said goodnight
And not goodbye."

Her eyes fluttered closed as I sang the last line. Oh, that was way too easy, I thought, barely letting myself believe that I had gotten her back to sleep so quickly. After a moment, I sighed and plopped down in my bed, throwing the covers up around me and drifting back off to sleep myself.

*Katie's POV*

I heard my sister's muffled voice from the sofa where I lay, half-asleep. A little lullaby met my ears. She really had a beautiful voice. I smiled as I imagined tiny Faith's eyes slowly closing to her mother's serenade. I shifted and within a moment I was dreaming.
♠ ♠ ♠
The song Lavender sang to Faith is actually a rare Evanescence song from '97 - '98. Click here if you'd like to hear it. :) I love it, it's so pretty. I actually just learned to play it on the piano (badly).

Anyway, PLEASE comment! You should know how much it means to me by now! I beg often enough. :D
~aep