Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

The Guys

*Frank's POV*

I couldn't believe I had finally said it. I had finally told Gerard. Part of me was exhilarated and proud for finally having the guts to tell him how I felt, and another part was utterly terrified that he would push me away now that he knew. I studied his face. He looked shocked and stunned more than anything else. I knew he didn't feel the same way, knew he was freaking out as I lay watching him.

"But like Bob said, it could be the morphine..." I attempted at joking (unsuccessfully).

"Frank, I... love you too." Gerard said slowly.

"...But only as a friend?" I guessed. He slowly shook his head. What did that mean?

"No, I really love you. I just never figured it out, not fully anyway, until now." he said, with a hint of surprise in his voice.

"You're not joking, are you?" I asked, terrified of the answer. He laughed.

"No, I'm not joking." he said simply. We sighed in unison, then chuckled. He quickly grabbed my hand, careful not to dislodge the IV, and held it tight.

"So, where do we go from here?" I asked cautiously. He shook his head again. God, what did that mean?

"I don't know... maybe a.. a... a date?" he posed the question carefully.

I grinned as widely as I could and nodded vigorously (I had to stop after a second though, I was getting a migraine). I must have looked like an idiot. As I looked into his face I realized he was smiling just as widely as I was.

*Gerard's POV*

He was gorgeous, with that big silly smile on his face, a smile identical to mine. I leaned forward tentatively and kissed him gently on the forehead. His eyes fluttered closed in what looked like sheer bliss. I pulled away after a moment.

"So, how does one go about dating one's best friend?" I asked thoughtfully.

"Well, one could start by giving one's best friend a kiss, maybe on the lips this time..." he said slyly. I leaned forward and we shared a small tender kiss. It was a perfect first kiss, innocent yet with a hint of passion.

"I don't think you'll be out of the hospital for a while so either we wait for our first date or we --"

"Bring the date to me" he finished quickly.

"Sounds good. So, I shall be back, tomorrow, say around five?" I proposed.

"It's a date." he grinned again. "Well, actually make it around one, I don't want to have to wait so long to see you." he said shyly. I nodded.

"I should probably go," I glanced at my watch: 6:40, "before I get kicked out, visiting hours are probably over." I was about to get up when he gave my hand a little squeeze. I squeezed back.

"I'm so glad I finally said something." he whispered to me.

"Me too," I replied.

*Bob's POV*

Mikey's cell phone rang. He quickly pulled it out of his pocket and answered it.

"Hey, Gee. Yeah, we're at Ray's. Okay. See ya soon." he hung up. Mikey addressed Ray and me, "Gee's on his way over, he took a taxi."

"Kay," I said. We turned back to the TV. It was some really badly-made action flick. "Why are we watching this again?" I asked the room at large.

"Very good question," Ray mused and turned the TV off. He started to whistle his guitar part to "House Of Wolves" I tapped my drum part on my knees along with Ray's whistling. Mikey joined at first by humming his bass line, then by impersonating Gee (very badly).

"You play ring around the ambulance like you never gave a care!
So get the choir boys arou--"

"Dude, shut it, you're making my ears bleed!" I screeched, clapping my hands to my ears. We all burst out laughing.

*Gerard's POV*

As I pulled up in front of Ray's place I realized Frank and I never decided if we would tell the guys, or what we would tell the guys for that matter. I pulled out my phone and called the hospital.

"St. Anne's General Service desk, how may I help you?" a woman answered.

"I need to talk to Frank Iero, room 419."

"I'll put you through. One moment, please." The line rang for a moment, then Frank picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey," I said, "We never thought about what to tell the guys... Just figured I should ask before I go in... I'm outside Ray's right now."

"Oh, yeah... Um. I don't wanna hide it from them, but I do kinda want to keep it just ours for now. So, don't tell them about us yet." he said.

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye."

"Bye," he murmured affectionately. I hung up, stepped out of the car, and made my way through Ray's overgrown lawn.
♠ ♠ ♠
Grr, so many random ideas for plot points, so few actual points to make... Comment the story, spread da love.
~aep