Sell Your Soul

Ashes

The guys all stood awkwardly around in the kitchen, Maria on one side of the room and Cali on the other. Cali averted her eyes away from Maria, looking for anything around her to distract her. She grabbed a donut from a box George had picked up earlier this morning. She took it and walked away from the kitchen. Charlie looked at Matt before following her.

"Don't you think you're being a bit overdramatic?" said Jay to Maria. "After all, they were just trying to have sex. Again."

"I don't need your opinion," said Maria. "And that's not what it's about anyway."

"Mind if I ask what it's about, then?" asked George.

"Cali dropped out of college to party, and she's still underage," replied Maria.

"Well, that's her choice, not yours."

"Does it matter? I'm trying to be her family and help her out here. She's got no one. I'm trying to encourage her to be someone."

"Did you ever wonder if this is who she wants to be?" asked Dillon.

Maria picked up her bottle of water and walked away. Matt punched Dillon in the chest.

"Dude, what the fuck?" said Dillon.

"Leave her alone, Dill," Matt replied. "It's not our business."

Matt left the kitchen. Dillon looked at Aron. Aron shrugged and took a donut. George and Jay followed his lead, but Dillon just shook his head.

"I don't know how you guys can eat at a time like this," he laughed.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Maria knocked on Cali's door, and she opened it. Cali and Charlie sat on the bed facing each other, and they looked up when Maria came in. Cali immediately looked back down at her iPod, but Charlie stood up.

"I'll leave you alone," he said. He quietly snuck behind Maria and left the room. Maria crept over to Cali and sat down on her bed.

"Cali, I'm sorry," she said.

"Why?" Cali replied. "You were right. You're always right."

"No, I wasn't. I don't know what you need. Only you do, and I overstepped a line. I'm sorry."

Cali was silent. She closed the website on her iPod, and she looked up.

"I took the day off work," said Maria. "I'll do the show."

"Don't know why it was such a big deal," Cali mumbled.

"It wasn't," Maria replied. "I just...it pissed me off to see you and Charlie like that. Especially since you're like my little sister. It's a lame excuse, I know, but I hope you can accept my apology."

Cali bit her lip and smiled. "Sure," she said. "Promise me you'll stop flipping out on me? Even if you do catch me with my pants down?"

"Yeah," laughed Maria. She wrapped her arms around Cali's shoulders.

From the doorway, they heard, "Whew, that's some fiiiine entertainment, right there."

They turned and saw Dillon leaning against the door frame, grinning. Cali picked up a pillow and hurled it across the room. It hit him in the face, and he fell over, laughing.

"Asshole!" shouted Maria. She laughed a bit and stood up. She turned back to Cali, and she said, "Shall we plan our outfits for tonight? Gotta look sexy for the people." She winked.

"I can help," suggested Dillon, laying on the floor.

"No!" Maria and Cali shouted in unison.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last until tomorrow night.

Comment please!