Status: ***This story was previously titled "Avenged Under Sevenfold" and had three former chapters posted. I felt that the chapters were just fillerish and that the entire story could be better so now...I give you "Avenged Under Cherry's Sevenfold". Hope you enjoy.

Avenged Under Cherry's Sevenfold

Chapter Two

Image

Cherry

"So thank you guys," I smiled as I tore another piece of cotton candy from the big bundle in my hand and let it dissolve in my mouth.

"For what?" Brian asked, looking down at me curiously.

"Bringing me, silly." I replied with a rather bright smile.

"Hey, you don't have to thank us. It was our pleasure." Matt smiled which I returned. "So what do you want to do next? Another roller coaster, a haunted house maybe?" he asked, putting on a wicked grin. I rolled my eyes passing the cotton candy to Jimmy who had been eying it eagerly for the past five minutes.

"Matt, you only wanna get me in a haunted house so you can scare the pants off of me."

"Correction," he started, "Zack only wants to get you in there to scare the pants off of you, I just wanna take you in to have some fun," he winked. I rolled my eyes. Their deal with me and Zacky was really ridiculous. Zacky and I were strictly platonic just as I was with the rest of them. They were all like brothers to me. I shook my thoughts and tuned back into what Matt was saying, "-and I promise I'll protect you from all the ghosties and goblins. Deal?" I looked at him skeptically. He put on his puppy dog eyes which, for the record, were no match for mine, but I smiled regardless and nodded.

"As long as you keep your promise." We made our way to the "haunted house" and stopped where the ticket line started. I watched as a man came out of the exit gate with a little girl clinging to his leg. She was crying. I watched as he tried to soothe her and told her it was all fake and that none of it was real. I bit my lower lip as I watched them, suddenly feeling uneasy to my stomach. I slowly tried to back away from the guys without them noticing while they were engaged in a conversation.

"Hey, where do you think you're going, missy?" Busted.

"I..umm..."

"Cherry's not chickening out, is she?" Jimmy teased with a goofy grin. I rolled my eyes, placing my hand on my hip.

"Of course not, Jims."

"Good. Cause we're up next." I swallowed hard at his words as he turned back toward the ticket man. I watched nervously as he handed the man six tickets then anxiously grabbed his arm, pulling him back as he went to step through. "Cherries, come on now.." he said, looking down at me.

"I can't go in there," I said with wide, worried eyes. He smiled.

"Sure you can. It's all fake. None of it's real."

"Jimmy..."

"Come on my little slice of cherry pie." With that he picked me up and swung me over his shoulder, carrying me into the haunted house. I shrieked as he did this.

"Jimmy! Put me down!" At this time, we had the attention of the other guys. Matt walked over calmly.

"Cherry," he said smoothly, detaching me from Jimmy, "it's gonna be fine. There's nothing to really be afraid of. I promised to protect you, that's what I'm gonna do," he smiled. I sighed in defeat, realizing they weren't going to let me leave. Zacky took the lead as my "protector" and Matt guided me through, hands on my shoulders, with Brian, Johnny, and Jimmy in tow.

"Matt!" I screamed, before anything even jumped out at me. He stopped abruptly.

"What, what is it?" He asked, looking down at me.

"Something's grabbing my leg!" I said, turning in his arms and clinging to him. I heard his soft chuckle in the darkness.

"Nothing's got your leg, Cherries. It's okay. We'll be outta here in no time." He pulled my arms from around him and turned me back around as we started walking again. I heard Brian mumble from behind us,

"If something starts grabbing my leg, I'm outta here." That gave me chills and made me wanna laugh at the same time. Brian of all people was scared. There were creepy noises all throughout the long dark hall and just as we reached the end, the noises silenced. We reached a big room that had chain and what looked like a hospital bed in the corner. It chilled me to the bone. Zacky turned to me in the doorway,

"Look, I'll cross to the next doorway first to show you it's alright. Okay?" I merely nodded. I watched as he quickly strode across the room not taking in too much of it's contents. He then turned back to us and just as he was about to wave us over, something jumped out from a dark corner with a pick ax slicing it through the air right in from of my face then laughing maniacally as I screamed at the top of my lungs and Matt's grip around my shoulder's tightened sevenfold. He ushered me through the room to the next doorway where Zacky stood and got me through the rest of it as quick as possible, which I finished with eyes close.

"I'm so sorry, Cherry," Matt continued to apologize once we were out of the haunted house. I shrugged slightly and took another drink from my Mountain Dew.

"It's fine. You didn't know there was gonna be a freak in there with an ax." I tried to laugh it off, but in all honesty, I was still shook up.

"Yeah," Zacky started, "just watching him come at you nearly gave me a heart attack. Fake or not." I shrugged slightly.

"At least I'm out now," I put on my brightest smile for them.

"So what do you think," Matt began, "you up for some more rides or you ready to head home?" I pulled out my Blackberry to check the time and realized it was already nearing 11:30 PM. I let out a small yawn.

"I'm getting kinda tired. And they close at midnight, anyway, right?" Matt nodded in response. "Let's just go home."

The drive home was pretty quiet and meaningless. Matt drove with Brian in the passenger seat while Jimmy and I took the middle seats and Johnny and Zacky in the back. I'd fallen asleep on Jimmy's shoulder merely ten minutes after Matt started driving.

I was awaken to the feeling of being lifted and carried off somewhere. I opened my eyes groggily and mechanically wrapped my arms around my carrier's neck. Just seconds later, I felt my body come in contact with my plush suave duvet to which I instantly curled up under and even took the liberty of snuggling into my pillows.

"Goodnight, Cherry," I heard Matt's smooth, deep voice say before he leaned down and kissed my temple. My only reply was a quiet hum before I drifted into dreamland.

The next morning I could feel the sun beating on my face. Hmmm...unusual. My curtains are usually closed in the mornings. Not yet ready to open my eyes, I kept them shut a while longer. It wasn't until a felt movement next to me on my bed that made me decide I should open them. I opened one eye just enough to peek out and see Jimmy laying next to me. I then opened the other eye.

"Jimmy?" I asked calmly.

"Yes?" he replied in the same tone.

"What are you doing in my bed?"

"Watching you sleep," he said with a ridiculous grin. It was then I realized he was right up in my face. I laughed and pushed his face away from mine then proceeding to rub the remains of sleep from my eyes.

"What time is it?" I asked, not wanting to drag myself from the bed, yet.

"Almost two in the afternoon." I looked at him incredulously.

"Are you serious?"

"Serious as a heart attack," he winked. "We thought you were gonna sleep yourself into a coma."

"That's nothing to joke about," Matt said, walking in the room. I rolled my eyes at his always over protectiveness. He sat next to me on the edge of the bed and gave his infamous smile. "Afternoon, 'bout time you woke up." I smiled.

"You could have come and woke me up you know, you didn't have to let me sleep so late. After all, I never have any mercy on your sleep." He simply shrugged. I sat up and stretched then crossed my legs. "So what's on the agenda for today?"

"Val's coming over," Jimmy said with a smirk and wiggling his eyebrows toward Matt suggestively. I rolled my eyes and pushed Matt's chest gently.

"That's why you're in such a good mood." He chuckled and shook his head.

"I'm always in a good mood." Jimmy laughed out loud at that one and I smirked. "Shut up, Jimmy. What would you know?" Before Jimmy could even respond, Matt was already changing the subject. "Val's coming over around three and the guys and I have band practice from 4:00 to 7:00 so I figured that would give you and Val some time to hangout." I nodded.

"Sounds good," I smiled.

"Good." He stood up and dragged Jimmy out of the room. "Now you shower and do whatever it is you girls do." I laughed lightly and got up, going to my closet to find something to wear for the day. I decided to go with cute and simple. I didn't spend much time in the shower and I did my make up light. It only took me about an hour total to get ready and I still had some time in advance to eat something before Val showed up.

I walked down to the kitchen and found all five guys sitting at the table engaged in a conversation that had to do with practice.

"No, we're doing an extra hour today because we haven't practiced in over two weeks," I heard Matt telling the guys.

"Makes sense to me," Zacky said with a shrug.

"Dude, I had plans," Brian argued.

"Yeah and my girlfriend's coming over, too, but you don't see me whining about it." I smiled and shook my head as this happened often.

"I have a solution that may solve your problems," I said and then finished, not waiting for a response from them, "Next time, don't wait two weeks to get off your bums." Brian rolled his eyes.

"Easy for you to say. Your the attention brat." Matt snapped his head in Brian's direction.

"Hey, you watch your mouth."

"Matt, it's fine. I do take up a lot of you guys' time," I smiled and shrugged.

"Still, you deserve the attention," he insisted as Brian stuck his tongue out at me and I mocked his actions.

"Come on man, I really wanted to spend some quality time with Shelly tonight," Brian continued to whine.

"Man, come on. The longer you sit here whining, the longer it takes us to get up out the door." With that the guys found themselves standing and preparing to leave. One by one, I was granted a hug and a kiss on the cheek from each of the guys. It went this way every time they left to go somewhere and left me alone. Zacky was always first.

"Don't do anything too crazy," he said with a smirk and a wink before hugging me tightly and placing a kiss specifically in the corner of my mouth, as usual. Next was Johnny.

"Be good." He hugged me then. "Have fun with Val." He then kissed my cheek and stepped to the side along with Zacky, as usual. Next was Brian. I smirked as I looked up at him.

"It's your fault I have to miss out on an hour with Michelle," he said, a playful smirk on his face.

"Can you ever forgive me?"

"It's possible." He wrapped me in a huge bear hug and kissed me on top of my head, as usual. Next up was Jimmy.

"I'm gonna miss you while we're gone, my little delightful slice of cherry pie," he winked. I laughed and wrapped my arms around his torso.

"And I'll miss you more." He gave me another big squeeze then kissed my forehead, as usual. Last, but not least was Matt.

"Don't get into to much trouble while we're away, kid," he smirked, but the seriousness in his tone was still evident. I nodded. "And don't let Val turn you into her personal Barbie Doll." I smiled and rolled my eyes as he pulled me into a hug which I returned. Matt pulled my face into his hands and went through the liberty of kissing both of my cheeks and then reminding me to be good, as usual.

I waited until they were all out the door and in the Hummer before shutting and locking the door. Matt's precautionary rule. The door stayed locked at all times while I was home alone. So until Val arrived, the door was to stayed locked and I was to let no unfamiliar face in the house.

I sighed as I walked to the kitchen and rummaged through the cabinets in search of a quick snack before Valary showed up. Chips? No. Cookies? Nah. Ice cream? Maybe... Just as I was about to pull a bowl from the cabinet, my ringback tone went off.

Bang, bang!
We're beautiful and dirty rich.
Bang, bang!
We're beautiful and dirty rich.


Okay, so more specifically, it was Val's ringback tone. It just fit us. I smirked as I walked across the room and grabbed my phone from the counter, flipping it open.

"Hello?"

"Hey, honey."

"Hey Val."

"What ya doin'?"

"Just trying to find a snack real quick before you get here."

"Matt told you I was coming?" I nodded then remembered she needed and audible answer.

"Yep."

"Well forget the snack. I'm taking you out to lunch." I could hear the smile etched on her face.

"Okie dokes."

"Alrighty, be there in ten."

"Kay." With that the line went dead. My grumbling tummy would have to hold off another ten minutes or so.

I was sitting on the couch watching the Fuse channel when I heard a car pull in the drive. I shut the TV off and stood up, going to the window and peaking out to make sure it was Val. I spotted her car in the drive and smiled, quickly unlocking the door and pulling it open.

"Val!"

"Cherry!" She stepped through the doorway and pulled me into a huge hug. I don't care what anybody said about this girl. That she used me for her life size Barbie, that's she was far too crazy, she knew too much for her own good, she was the best friend in the entire world that anyone could have and those were all just few of many reasons that made me love her more.

"We need to start hanging out more," she said with a giggle as she pulled away from the embrace. I nodded in agreement, smiling brightly.

"So," she started, walking through the living room, "I was thinking we could grab something to eat at Davio's Italian Grill and then go shopping!" she said excitedly, clasping her hands together. I laughed and nodded.

"Sounds good to me, just let me grab my purse." I ran upstairs to my room and grabbed my purse, gave myself a once over in the mirror and smiled before running back down to where Val was waiting patiently.

"Ready?" she asked with a smile.

"Indeed," I said, raising my eyebrows for emphasis. She giggled and hooked her arm through mine as we made our way out to her car.

"So how have things been with the guys?" she asked while driving us to the restaurant. I gave a slight shrug.

"Same as always. Good, crazy." I giggled.

"That figures. And Matt?" she asked, "Still being obsessively protective?" I laughed.

"Yeah, you could say that." She pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant and stepped out of the drivers seat as I got out of the passenger's side. A whistle from the other side of the parking lot caught my attention and I jerked my head in the general direction. A couple of guys - mid thirties - on motorcycles were eying Val and I up and down like we were meat instead of women. Val rolled her eyes and snapped at them,

"Yo, pretty boys, tuck it in," Val said and blew a kiss to the air. I hid my laughter until we got to the enterance way of the restaurant and it was just to much to bare.

"Oh my God, Val, that was great!" I exclaimed, still beaming. At this time, she was laughing, too.

"Hey, someone's gotta teach those pigs a lesson." I nodded.

"And that kiss you blew, icing on the cake-" my laughter was short as a tall, handsome waiter came to our service. "Hello ladies," he spoke in an accent that didn't sound Italian, "how may I help you tonight?" he asked before flashing a dazzling smile. Okay so handsome was an understatement, this guy was gorgeous. Val must have taken notice of my inability to speak and spoke up, herself.

"Table for two, please. And two menus," she said, smiling politely. He nodded and gestured for us to follow him. We followed him to a table in the back of the restaurant. A quiet spot, which I was thankful for. Val and I would be able to have conversation in peace.

"What can I get you ladies to drink?" Val was first to speak,

"Water, please. With lemon on the side." I watched as he wrote down her order then looked at me.

"And how how about you?" he smiled. I swallowed hard and simply said,

"I'll have the same." He nodded and smiled.

"Two waters with lemon on the side. I'll be back shortly with your drinks and to place your orders." He gave a wink before walking away.

"Oh my God! Did you see that?" Val gushed as soon as he was out of ear shot. "He was totally hitting on you!" I blushed profoundly and rolled my eyes.

"He was not hitting on me, Valary." She scowled at the use of her full name.

"He so was, Cherry. A blind man could see that." I crossed my arms and shook my head.

"Sweetie," she sighed, "the fact is, you're too wrapped up in Zack to care about any other guy that may be interested. Honestly, I can't see why. I mean, Zack's a great guy and all, but if he can't tell by now that you're into him, I say move on. I mean come on, that guy's one hot hunk of male species!" I laughed at her enthusiasm.

"Val, for one, I don't make it that known that I've got it bad for Zacky and for two-" she cut me off before I could finish.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. I may be the only one you've really opened up to about your secret feelings, but it's clear that everyone knows how you feel about him." I rolled my eyes at her statement.

"Val, sweetie, your wrong about this," I spoke, and just as I opened my mouth to speak again, our waiter was approaching us with our drinks. He smiled as he sat each glass down in front of us.

"Two iced waters with a lemon on the side," he smiled and I looked up at him and noticed the name on his name tag.

Alejandro.

I smirked to myself. It was a very attractive name that indeed fit the looks of this very attractive man. I snapped myself from my thoughts as Val cleared her throat.

"Hmm?" I hummed in question as she was calling to me from across our table.

"He asked if you were ready to order," she said, glancing up at Alejandro.

"Oh.." I said, clearly baffled and feeling completely abashed from being tied up in my thoughts of this waiter. "Yes," I started, clearing my throat before attempting to speak again, "I'll have the Linguine with Broccoli and Walnut Pesto." He flashed another brilliant smile while taking down my order.

"Excellent choice." I watched as he walked away to fulfill our requests and only took my eyes away from him once he'd disappeared into the back.

"Sweetie, you have got it bad," Val spoke again before taking a sip from her water. I raised a brow at her. "Look at you," she started, gesturing toward me with her hand, "biting your lip, watching him walk away, becoming speechless and incoherent when he's near.." she trailed off. Had I really been biting my lip while I watched him walk away? It was then I distinctively released the hold on my lower lip from my teeth. Oh... I could feel a blush creeping it's way up into my cheeks. Val shook her head with a smile on her face.

"What?" I asked, sighing thereafter.

"Oh nothing, sweetheart. Just at this rate, you'll forget about Zack in no time." I rolled my eyes at her comment and decided to change the subject.

"So," I began, "what's going on with you and that new job?"

"The one at the beauty parlor?"

"Mhm."

"Oh, it's going great!" she beamed. I was instantly relieved that I'd found a topic that would take her mind off of Alejandro and Zack. Look at you, already calling him by his name as if you actually knew him. I pulled myself from my thoughts and smiled.

"That's great. So I get half price when I come in to get my hair done, right?" I winked, she laughed.

"We'll see about that."

It wasn't too much longer before the waiter brought our food to the table and Val and I ate and I ate in luxury, catching up on all that we'd missed on each other's lives in the past two weeks. I told her about the incident at the haunted house and she said she was going to have to have a little chat with Matt about that one, despite the fact that I told her he repeatedly apologized for nearly forcing me to go in. She told me about how she hopes that her and Matt can take their relationship to the next level, engagement, seeing as they had been dating for over four years.

"Well, this has been nice," Val said, standing with a smile. I nodded in response.

"Sure has," I beamed. I watched as Val laid a chunky tip on the table before we walked out of the restaurant. I got into the passenger seat of her two month old Volvo and her baby and looked over at her. "So where to, now?" She glanced down at the watch around her wrist before replying,

"It's only 6:47. The way I see it, the boys will be done with practice in thirteen minutes, but then they'll need to lay around and talk for a while, that's another good thirty minutes, and then it's an hour back. So roughly, we have an hour and forty-five minutes left. We're going to the mall, baby!" I laughed at; one, Val's easy ability to figure these things out and then add them up, two, her enthusiasm.

There was nobody greater then Val.