Status: Running Very Slowly

Testing the Water

Thirteen.

My days in Sudbury went much faster than I would have liked them too. And today was the day I was going back to Pittsburgh.

I had said bye to most of the guys, and a few of the girls last night, but Andrew and Jared were dropping me off at the airport.

I jumped out of the car, and the guys did as well.

I pulled Andrew into a hug, "Loveeeer, I'm gunna miss you. Let me know if you're ever near the 'Burgh, kay?"
He nodded, "I'll see you soon Nicki." Andrew gave me a small wave and smile before retreating back to the car.

"Ah, Nicki." Jared spoke, "I'm gunna miss you kid!" He gave me a huge hug.
"First off, I'm not much younger than you," We both laughed, "And second...I'll miss you too. Make sure the guys are good, or as good as they can be anyways. Oh, and goodluck with Anna, she seems like a really nice girl."
He gave me a smile and a nod. "Okay, I'll talk to you later...don't forget about me!" He joked.
"I won't Jare. I love you." I gave him a smile and turned on my heel, starting to walk into the airport.
"I love you too....kid."
I just chuckled and kept walking.

I’ve been to the airport to many times lately…I was starting to get used to it. The flight went well, and I soon found myself back in Pittsburgh.

They day was cold and windy, it being the end of January.

I stood outside the front door, waiting for Tyler. He should be here any minute now…

After a good half an hour, and several attempts to call him, I gave up and gave Brittany a call.

“Hey Britt, you busy?” I asked as she answered.
“Naw, not really. Why, what’s up?” She replied.
“Ah well, I’m back in the Burgh, and Tyler was suppose to pick me up at the airport…but he never showed up, and he’s not answering his phone.”
“Oh…” She faded off. “Well I can be there in ten.”
“Okay!” I smiled, “Thanks a ton.”

Britt was there within minutes.
“Wanna come back to Max’s and my place?” She asked as we left the airport.
“Sure, sounds good.”

Britt drove the quick drive over to their house, and we vacated the car just a quickly. After taking off my shoes and jacket I plopped down beside Max on the couch. I let out a loud sigh.

Max unglued his eyes from the TV screen. "Oh hey Nicki." He smiled, "How was your trip to Sudbury?"
I returned the smile as Britt sat down on the other side of me, "Really good. But Tyler's been acting weird..." I paused, "I've probably only talked to him for a total of thirty seconds the whole time. Oh, and he never showed up to pick me up at the airport."

Both of the people sitting beside me fell quiet.

"What's going on guys?" I continued, "What aren't you telling me?"
"Oh, it's nothing, I'm sure," Britt spoke, "Well, uhm...Max knows the whole story, so he can tell you."
I turned to face Max who then spoke, "Thanks Britt, leave it up to me. Well it's just Tyler's been spending a lot of time with Lydia lately. She's been down to see him before and after games...and practices. He's been talking about her a lot too." He paused to see my reaction before restarting his blabbing, "And they've been calling each other. Oh, and she's been coming to the bar and clubs and stuff after games..." I'm sure I looked like I was ready to explode since Max then changed his tone, "I'm sure it's nothing though. They've just have been becoming really close friends." Even he didn't sound convinced by his own words.

I'm not sure if at this point I looked completely emotionless or just extremely pissed, but I was aware it was one of those two.

Britt broke the uncomfortable silence "Hey, Nicki...are you oka-"
"What do you fucking think Britt?!" I shouted, making both her and Max flinch back. "Would you okay if Kris was hanging around Lydia 24/7 when you were out of town?! I don't think so." Her head dropped, knowing she’d feel the same, “Like what the fuck? We’ve been dating for what...? Three weeks? And he’s already going after other girls? I think I should just give up. First Luke, now this!?”

I sent Tyler a quick text, Meet me @ the park, by the benches at 4. We need’ta talk

After I double checked that the text sent, I got up and walked towards the door. “Well I’ve gotta go guys.” Coldness was clear in my voice, “See you around.” I slipped on my shoes, and walked out the door.

The park was only a minute away, so the walk was quick, but far from pleasant. The snow had turned into a powerful rain, and my mood didn’t help the situation.

After walking to the park, I sat on a bench under a tree, so I was atleast partially covered from the rain. Just a few minutes later, Tyler showed up with a worried expression on his face.

“Nicki!” He ran over, “Are you okay?! Here, take my jacke-“ He started to take off his jacket.
I shook my head no. “So what’s been new when I was gone...? I heard you and Lydia really had something going...”
His eyes widened, “No, we didn’t. She had no one to turn to so I was there. Nothing was going on like that.”
“How about not talking to me? And forgetting to pick me up at the airport?”
He looked down at his feet. “I can’t answer that,” He spoke, “I don’t have a good excuse for either of those things...” Tyler took a slight pause, “I was with Lydia. I’m sorry Nicki. You’re my girlfriend, I love you...I really do. You were one of my best friends, and now you’re something more. I know I shouldn’t have ignored you, I know I should’ve been there. I’m sorry.”

We were both standing in the pouring rain by this point. I had tears running down my face, and Tyler looked like he was about to break down.

"You promised me you wouldn't break my heart. You told me you'd never lie. I could have sworn I was living a fairytale, and you told me I wouldn't ever coming crashing down. Now look what happened!" His head dropped to the ground in sorrow as I continued to scream through crying eyes, "Now everything is wrecked! Everything! You said you'd be there, but you weren't, you aren't. How could I ever trust you again!?"

The rain hit my face in a pit-pat sequence.

"I told you, I'm sorry, I'm really sorry." His words echoed through my head as I stared him down.

The rain was soaking me to the bone but at least it hid all the tears I've cried. I had no idea where I'd be next week, or even tomorrow, all I knew is I can't be here right now.

"I don't care anymore." I shook my hand in a dismissive wave and ran along, deep into the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Unlucky number thirteen?
Well that was drama-filled and sad :(

Sorry it's taken a while, but I've been busy with track and all.

4 comments for the next one, tell me what you're thinking :)