Status: Running Very Slowly

Testing the Water

One.

Maybe friends are really the light at the end of the tunnel.
The people who brighten your day and make the next worth living.

After the party at the club started to tire out a bit, a few of us decided to head out. We went over to Flower’s house, a place that was practically my second home. We all got there in the vehicles we took to the club. His house was only about ten minutes away so it was a short trip.

Once we got there, I jumped out of the car and ran up to the front door. I opened it, knowing that it would be carelessly left unlocked by the last person to enter.

“Hey bitches, welcome to the New Year.” I announced my entrance. I looked around noting the people who were here...Flower, Ty, Geno, Max, Sid, Jord, and myself. I walked into the room where everyone else was and sat in between Max and Jordan. “Mad Max, how ya doing?”

I laughed as he tried to respond...someone drank a bit much.

“Even though you can’t speak English this very night I love you anyways!” I gave him a huge hug before turning to face Jordan. “So Jordan, have a nice evening?”
“Wasn’t bad,” He responded.
“That’s good...” I paused for a brief moment, “Can you kick TK for me...? He looks like he’s about o fall asleep.”
Jordan did as I asked, “Hey?! What was that for?” Tyler jolted up.
“Well, good morning to you too Princess,” I joked, “Well I need the deetz...” I got up, pushed Jordan over to my previous spot, and then sat in-between him and Tyler. “So you like Lydia...?”
“She seems pretty coo-”
“So when’s your next date?!”
He laughed nervously, “Uhm...I’m not so sure if we’re going to go out some other time or no...”
“Aw, come on Ty!”
“I’m not sure, okay! Just give it a break.” His mood suddenly turned cold.
I looked at him in shock at the sudden outburst, “Sorry Tyler..I just wondered.”
His mood softened for a brief moment, “I’m sorry Nicki...It’s just...urgh, nevermind...”
He got up and starting walking down the hallway. I watched him as he walked, wondering if I should go after him, but Jordan just shrugged it off, “Leave him.” I nodded.

*

“Don’t be an ass...You’re gunna wake her up...” I heard Flower’s voice in the distance.
“Shut the fuck up. I’m not going to wake her up. You are if you don’t shut up.” Tyler still sounded pissed. I guess his mood hadn’t improved.
“Both of you shut the fuck up?” I gave a small smirk from my place. I’m pretty sure I was leaning on someone, but I had no idea who it was.
Even though my eyes were still closed I could feel the tensed faces looking at me. “Hey come on Cole, we’re going home kay?” I heard Sid’s voice. Being the only calm one I mentally agreed, but made no effort to move. “Fine. You brat,” He laughed, “I’ll carry you to the car.”
I opened one eye to look at him, as he picked me up, “Why thank you Siddo. I knew I loved you for a reason.” I closed my eyes once again, “Bye guys!”

Even if the tunnel seems never ending, the end will come, and it is when you will see the light of friendship through the horror.
They will be there, they will be there.
♠ ♠ ♠
It`s so short, I am fully aware of that...and my apologies.
I wanted to update this on New Years...since well it is New Years in the story too ;D
Thanks to everyone who subscribed so far....6 of you (:
What do you think's up with TK...? Leave me a comment :D