Status: Running Very Slowly

Testing the Water

Eight.

We all finished eating the last bit of our food in peace. After doing so, we got up, and the guys split the bill.

“It’s cold out here.” I shivered as we walked down the nearly vacant street.
“Want my coat? I’m really not that cold.” Tyler immediately spoke.
A smile shot across my face. “You really are too sweet TK.” A small blush came upon his face, I could see it even in the dark. “But I’m okay.” I leaned closer to him, and he brought me close to his body. The instant warmth made me melt into his arms.

Kris and Britt on the other hand were trailing behind having a conversation. Tyler and I were too into our own conversation and silent conversation to notice or really pay attention.

By the time we got back to the hotel though, it was about 1:30am. Tyler and I said good night to Brittany and Kris as we got off of the elevator. The two of us walked silently down the hallway. I slipped the roomcard into the slot, and opened the door quietly. As expected, Sidney was sleeping. I grabbed a pair of PJ pants and oversized t-shirt, and made my way into the bathroom to change and get ready. After going back into the main room, I saw Tyler sitting near the head of the other bed.

“Hey.” He smiled, patting the empty space beside him.
I sat down right beside him. The TV was turned to a random movie channel.
Tyler grabbed my hand in his and I moved even closer to him, laying my head on his shoulder. We sat in a comfortable silence for a long while watching the movie and enjoying each others company.

An hour or so later we were both laying down on the bed, ready to call it a night.
“Ty...” I mumbled.
“Yeah?” He spoke in an equally quite voice.
“Goodnight.” I smiled into his chest.
“G’night. Sweet dreams.” He kissed my forehead as I fell into a deep peaceful sleep.

*

The morning flew by. Tyler and I had only gotten about three hours of sleep, so we both fell asleep on the short plane ride. Sidney on the other hand, was wide awake. The team got back into Pittsburgh at about noon. I had to say, the hour of sleep on the plane really did help to wake me up later. Oxymoron, I’m aware.

*

That afternoon though, we started to get prepped for a big event. No, not the Stanley Cup Finals, is was Brittany’s 22nd Birthday. She didn’t give out many details except it was semi-formal, next Saturday, and at a big hall. She convinced me to go dress shopping with her. We ended up bringing along Kris, Tyler, Sidney and –due to Britt’s request only- Jordan.

“Hey! How’s this?” Brittany came out of a change room with a shirt, deep green dress on.
“Meh. I don’t like it.” I shrugged.
Kris nodded along with me, “Not quite the one.”
She let out a deep sigh.

A minute later, she appeared out of the change room with the dress in hand. “Next store I guess.”
The group of us walked over to the store beside the one we were just in. Britt and I scanned through the layers of dresses on the rack. We picked up a few each, and the guys’ pilled dresses onto our arms.

I walked into the change room and pulled on the first dress. It was a short straight black dress. Strapless, with a few sequins here and there. Pulling it on, I instantly opened the door to see five faces staring back. “I’m guessing it’s bad...?” I asked.
Britt blinked multiple times and was the first to reply, “What the fuck are you talking about!? It’s a keeper.”
“You do look nice Nicki, for being my sister and all.” Jordan piped in.
“Damn Cole. Just damn.” Sidney shot me a smile that I returned while letting out a small laugh.
Tyler still hadn’t spoken. I walked towards him, and stood a few feet in front of him, spinning around in a small circle. “What do you think Ty?”
“Nicki. You look so, so, so good.” He gave me a huge smile.
“Really?” I asked.
“Really.”
On cue, an employee walked up to us, “And would you like this dress?” She asked sweetly.
“Yes please.” She nodded and walked over to the counter, as I headed back into the change room.
A minute later I was walking over to the counter to pay for my dress. “It’s already been taken care of dear.” She spoke.
“Oh okay, thanks.” I spun around to face the guys. “Who the Hell paid for my dress?” Tyler and Sidney looked down, as Jordan and Kris sent looks their way. I walked over to them, noticing Brittany wasn’t there -she must be trying something on- “You seriously don’t need to pay for everything for me guys. I know I don’t have much money now, but according to Jordan, I’m getting a job...soon.” I rolled my eyes, but continued on, “So no need for all the spoiling. But thanks anyways!” I pulled the two into tight hugs, just as Brittany appeared. She took a step out of the dressing room, and stood in silence for a brief moment.

“Wow.” I spoke, “You look amazing Britt.”
She smiled, wearing a short, red velvet dress. “You like...?” She glanced at the others. And they all nodded in sync.
“Fuck yes!” Kris shouted, causing a few fellow shoppers to shoot glares his way. “I mean, yes.” He gave her a charming smile.

And that was shopping for the day.

-It's the way you look at me,
The way you smile, the way you pout
It all seems to extreme
And makes me melt in your arms every time-
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's so short!
But I'm going away tomorrow, and won't get home 'til early Sunday morning...so I'll be too tired and stuff to update on Sunday, so I had ot get this out tonight. Especially since you guys gave me 4 comments! Wooo! (:

I like the beginning of this chapter, but not the rest. Tell me what you think.

4 comments for next chapter.