Status: Active (:

All I Wanted Was You, John O'Callaghan.

Chapter Fourteen

I sighed as I brought the mug of coffee to my lips. I wasn't really a coffee fan, but Roxanne could be a bit contagious at times. Closing my eyes and taking another deep breath, I tried to focus on anything but John.

Memories filled my mind; thoughts of the way his arms would wrap around me, the way his lips shaped perfectly around mine, the way his eyes shined brightly; even when he was having a bad day. I remembered the ease with which he preformed in; like there was nothing in the world but his music and himself.

It was safe to say that I was in love with this boy.

"Jenny?" Roxanne called.

I looked up from my coffee and blinked. "What?"

"Have you been listening to a word I've said?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

I bit my lip and tried not to smile. "Hmm..." I hesitated.

She slapped my knee. "Jenny!" Roxii chided.

"Sorry, sorry!" I apologized. "My mind was lost in John Ohh wonderland."

The smile on my face faded just a bit as my heart ached with the thought of losing him. My throat closed up and my eyes burned with tears I didn't want to shed.

"How long until he comes back?" She asked quietly.

I shrugged. "A week or two." I didn't want to admit that I knew exactly when he was coming back; eleven days.

"You know, it's all going to be alright." She conforted me. I resisted the urge to scowl; that was the exact opposite of how I felt. I knew it wasn't alright, that things were the exact opposite of 'alright.'

"It doesn't feel that way." I commented, taking another sip of coffee.

"It just takes time." Roxanne leaned back in her chair, watching me carefully.

I stared out the window of the coffee shop and onto the street. I remembered walking on the sidewalks with John; hand in hand, laughs glued on our faces. It seemed like that was a million years ago - another lifetime.

Everywhere here in this miserable city I was reminded of John. I just wanted him back - I wanted him by my side, whispering sweet little things in my ears. I wanted him to tell me he loved me; tell me that I was the only girl for him.

"Roxii, I think I'm going to go." I said, downing my coffee and getting up from my seat. "Do you need a ride?" I asked, looking at her.

She shook her head. "I'm good here with my coffee." She grinned and I forced a smile back. Walking out of the coffee shop, I knew where I was going to go. I didn't need my car, I could easily walk there - it was something to pass the time.

The sun was already up in the sky, beating down on the sidewalk. I didn't mind the heat - I was an Arizona girl at heart. Shoving my hands in my pockets I sighed and let my feet take me where I wanted to go. I knew it probably wasn't a good idea, but something was pulling me towards there.

Looking up from the sidewalk, I spotted our little hang out. A smile came to my face as all the memories came pouring into me - hitting me harder than a landslide. Along with the happiness came the aching pain; the pain of not having him with me.

As I walked to the tree we used to sit under, I could almost see all the memories come to life around me. One time, we rode our bikes through the trail just because I wanted to. John had bitched and complained about it, but he had finally gave in and we had had a great time.

Or, there was that time when he brought his stereo here and played my favorite song on it, asking me to dance with him like a gentlemen would. We danced and laughed the night away; I was mostly laughing at how it was like he had two left feet. Nowadays, he danced perfectly - thanks to me.

I sat down on the grass, my back up against the bark of the tree. This place was a little ways out of town - fifteen minutes by foot, less by car . There was a shading tree here, but if you kept walking down the trail you would come across a few rocks you could climb and watch the sunset on. This was my favorite place to be with John.

The memories overwhelmed me as I stared at the horizon, wanting him here with me. Was it normal that every time I closed my eyes, his face appeared? I could see every line of his face, every little detail that I had memorized from so long ago.

I don't know how long I was there for, but soon, the sun was set and the stars were out all around me. I looked up at the full moon in the sky and felt a smile grace my lips. I felt so close to John here, but so far away at the same time. A part of me ached for him, while the other part relished in the memories we made here.

As I closed my eyes and relaxed, the color of John's eyes popped out at me. I remembered a time when I was able to stare into his neverending eyes. I missed tracing of the tattoos on his chest, I missed kissing the freckles on his back. I missed everything about him and somehow, I was managing to live without him.

I was hurting, but I was still breathing. Wanting him but suriving. I didn't know how much longer I could go on like this, but I knew one thing.

All I wanted - no, needed - was John.

I know sometimes people say it'll be alright,
But it hurts to think it's not that way in her mind
& everything is not fine, so don't tell her it takes time
Oh, everywhere she looks;
She's reminded of his life, his life.

& it was dark that night,
But she could still see his eyes
Shining upon her like the stars in the sky
& it was so bright, giving life to the sky
Everywhere she looks;
She's reminded of his life, his life.

Can you come back down?
You two can ride your bikes
& dance & laugh;
& forget about such thing as time.
♠ ♠ ♠
</3

Come Back Down (Ivory Cover) by John Ohh.
Comments are love. <3

P.S. John really does have freckles on his baaack. (: