Status: Active (:

All I Wanted Was You, John O'Callaghan.

Chapter Six

"I'll be right back, I just have to go order my bike." She grinned.

"Bike?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Mhmm." Lisa nodded and got up from her seat.

We were at the food court; Alex, Lisa, and I. I had just finished eating my cinnabon with Alex's help and now Lisa was insisting on ditching us.

"Why would you need a bike when you're touring with All Time Low?" I asked her, still not getting the point.

"I'm ordering a bike just for me, so I can pick it up when I get back to Baltimore." She explained, grabbing her purse.

"But tour doesn't end for like, months ..." I wasn't getting this.

"Remember? Lisa's OCD." Alex explained for her.

She shot him a look. "I am not OCD. I just need time to order my bike. Gosh." She walked away from us and I snickered.

"I can't believe you would say that to your own girlfriend." I took another sip of my soda.

Alex shrugged. "Can't deny the truth." He leaned back in his chair and put his hands behind his head, interlacing the fingers.

I sighed and scanned the food court. It was pretty full today, here in Toledo, Ohio, but no one had recognized Alex yet. There was a little train for the toddlers to go around in and I smiled at the sight of them laughing and playing.

"Oh. My. God." I heard a girl scream.

I paled and looked at Alex. His expression was panicked as well.

"Everyone, it's Alex Gaskarth!"

Suddenly, it seemed as if the whole food court had shut up and looked at Alex and I, together, sitting down.

"Run." Alex whispered.

One of the girls screamed and it was like an explosion of teenage girls. They were all rushing towards us, hoping to get a piece of the Famous Alex Gaskarth's hair.

His hand wrapped around mine and I gripped my shopping bags in one hand, bracing myself for anything. Alex yanked me up out of my seat and took off running towards the nearest exit. I kept up with him pretty easily, but the girls were chasing him.

I steadied my breathing and focused; I knew how to run. I remembered high school, where I had been the star track runner. I could run a mile in a flat out sprint. I could do this.

Alex's hand was warm in mine, guiding me to run where ever he was running.

He stopped short, yanking me to a stop. "Hey, look! 'Damned...' is playing at Tilly's!" He stared in awe as the video of him being molested (joke) by a school teacher.

"Alex!" I exclaimed. "We're being chased by murderous teenagers and you're talking about a fucking video?!"

"Ugh." He rolled his eyes. "Fine, let's go." He pulled me into a random store, which happened to be Hollister.

"Yuck," I said, spying the mannequins.

It's not that I had a problem with Hollister, because I didn't. I loved their clothes and the preppy but summer clothes they had, but the mannequins with the guy's clothes' on freaked me out.

"Yeah, I know." He was staring at the mannequins too. "Here, put this on." He handed me a pair of striped shorts and a dark blue collar shirt. Alex put a beige hat on my head, steering me towards the dressing room.

"Why?" I whined, resisting against going inside the dressing room.

I loved shopping and all, but there was a point when I got sick of it. Alex sighed and shoved me harder into the room and I locked the door. Mumbling to myself about how guys need to be nicer, I put on the clothes and stepped out barefoot.

"We need to change your shoes..." He pursed his lips.

"Hmm, fine. But I want converse only." I muttered.

Alex chuckled, "Okay. Now, let me change so we can get out of this place." He shuddered and went around, looking for clothes.

I sat down on the chairs Hollister had reserved for the people at the dressing rooms. I crossed my ankles and leaned back, running a hand through my now wavy and messy dark blonde hair. I remember when I had met Sierra Kusterbeck from VersaEmerge, our hair had been almost identical. She just parted it differently and her hair had volume.

"How do I look?" Alex popped up in front of me.

I snickered immediately; taking in his Hollister shorts and t-shirt. "You look gay." I burst out laughing.

Alex frowned. "I thought so."

"Keep the shirt, but ditch the shorts. Seriously." I shuddered at Alex's shorts. Let's just say, guys like Alex weren't meant to wear shorts.

"What's that?" Alex said loudly. "You want me to take my pants off?!"

Everyone in Hollister--it was a small store-- looked at us and I blushed beet red.

"Just ignore him," I told them, standing up from my seat. "He's had a bit too much sun, if you know what I mean." I smirked at Alex.

He rolled his eyes. "If that's how you want to play it..."

"Just go." I grabbed my bags from the seat next to me and waited for Alex to change back into his jeans.

After we finished paying for the clothes we had gotten at Hollister, we started walking around the mall, looking for a decent shoe store.

"What about--Gah." I mumbled as Alex pushed me into one of those creepy hallways that lead to the bathroom.

"What are you--?" but Alex cut me off by putting his finger on my lips.

I took this time to notice how close were were to each other; our bodies touching. I could feel the heat radiating off of him and it wasn't exactly uncomfortable. Alex looked down at me, his brown eyes boring into mine.

I let out a breath through my lips and Alex took his finger off of my lips. Our faces were dangerously close to each other and I could guarentee he heard my heart beating. The silence was deafening, but it felt like we were saying a hundred words to each other. His body against mine, his eyes on me, his hand around mine; it felt like all of these things spoke much louder than any other word could.

"Alex--" I had to say something--anything--to make things cool and natural. There was something electric in the little air between us, and I felt like any small movement would set off a flame that we wouldn't be able to stop.

He held my eyes for one more second before peeking his head around the corner to check if anybody was there.

"It's clear. Let's go find Lisa."

And that's how the moment was killed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Did ya like it?
Yes? No? Maybe?
Tell mee! Comment.

Shamelesss once again, folks.