Status: Active

Totally Not Average

Magical

“Where are you taking me?” I asked, gripping the edge of the car seat nervously.

We were in Alex’s car, but that wasn’t the problem. My problem was that we just passed civilization and were headed for the woods.

Alex groaned, “Mandy, come on!” He complained, “Do you trust me?” He looked into my eyes for a fraction of a second then tore his gaze to the street.

I nodded, “I do; I just don’t trust the woods and all the animals in it.

He laughed, “Trust me; nothing is going to happen to you.”

My real question was; what was happening to me? Alex and I were inseparable, and that wasn’t what was scary. Every time I saw him butterflies erupted in my stomach; making it harder and harder to think and breathe. When I was near him, the air turned to electricity and you could visibly see it cackling. Or maybe how every time I kiss him I get a warm feeling bubbling up inside of me; telling me this was incredibly right.

All of that scared me, because I have never felt that way about anyone before.

Alex took a sharp left and stopped the car. He cut off the engine and got out of the car, and I knew I was supposed to follow. Hesitantly, I stepped out of the car and almost gasped.

We were at a small clearing on a hill with a tree planted right on top of it. It overlooked the entire town, the lights blinking up at us. But what was shocking was how you could see the moon and the stars like it was right in front of you, close enough for you reach out and grab it.

Alex looked back at me and grinned, “Come on, you’ll like the view.”

I walked over with him to the top of the hill, and gasped. I couldn’t control it, because the view was breath taking.

“Thank you.” I breathed, reaching for his hand and grasping it tightly.

He squeezed my hand and looked into my eyes, making me lose my train of thought. I was so lost in his eyes, so hypnotized by their depths. There was something about Alex, something that made me want to throw my cares in the wind and just let go.

No one had ever had this much of an effect on me. Not ever, and I still can’t believe it.

Instead of answering, though, he just leaned in and brushed his lips against mine. The slight pressure was enough to send electricity through me, frying my thoughts. My hands gripped his forearms, pulling him down to me.

I wanted him close to me, so close that there was no space between us; no space to ever grow apart. I wanted him with me and that’s the way I always wanted it to stay.

Alex pulled away much too soon but I didn’t fret, not yet. My eyes were close and smile tugged the corner of my lips; I felt ecstatic.

I sat down on the grass, still holding on to Alex’s hand. I watched the stars happily, leaning against Alex. Occasionally, he would point out the stars he knew and show me the planets that were visible. I loved being here, especially with Alex, and it was interesting to see him so comfortable in this environment.

I looked up at the stars and was shocked to find a meteor falling.

“Is that—Is that a meteor?” I asked, pointing to the sky.

He laughed, “Yeah, and look, there’s more.”

I looked and sure enough, more kept falling and falling down. It was beautiful to see the meteors falling, a greenish light on their tail, lighting up the night sky.

I looked over at Alex, a huge smile tugging at the corner of my lips. I loved that he brought me here, that I could share this with him. And I was ecstatic that I was finally starting to trust someone.

With Alex was where I always wanted to be—next to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY! (: