Status: Active

Totally Not Average

The Missing Spot

“So, what are we doing today?” I asked as I got into Alex’s car. It’s become a routine now: tell Dad I’d be at Trish’s, spend some time with her, and then go and hang out with Alex. It was the part of the day I looked forward to the most because then I could really let go and live my life the way I wanted too.

“I have something to show you.” His eyes gleamed with excitement as he turned on the car and started driving.

“Really now?” I grinned, “Is it a present?” I asked like a four-year-old would.

“No.” He said dryly, “But something you’ll like.” He looked at me quizzically, “You do like music, right?”

I nodded, “Depends. I don’t like country, that’s for sure.”

He laughed, “You don’t seem like the type.”

I agreed, “I don’t like country, not at all. I’m okay with rap and hip-hop. I listen to some kinds of rock and alternative.” I shrugged.

He nodded, “Good, then you’ll like what I have to show you.”

---

We pulled up to a house that I knew for sure wasn’t Alex’s.

“Where am I?” I asked, looking at the pretty house. It was light blue with dark blue shutters and a white porch. There was a garden in the front yard accompanied with a path and everything.

“A house.” Alex answered simply, taking my hand and pulling me with him to the front door.

“No duh,” I rolled my eyes, “I think I kind of noticed that.”

“You asked…” He pointed out, and then smirked at me.

I smiled a tiny smile, only because that smirk was irresistible. This was the affect he had on me; my pulse starts quickening, there’s a tightening in my chest whenever he’s not close to me and butterflies flutter violently in my stomach.

It’s just the way it is with him.

Alex knocked on the door and a familiar guy opened the door. He had dark brown—almost black—hair that had blonde streaks. His eyes were dark brown and full of light, while his lips were turned up into a smile.

“Hey!” The guy called, waving us in.

Alex walked in with no hesitation while I stood at the door, hesitant.

“Come on in,” The guy waved me in, “Wait—who are you?” He asked, looking back at me.

I chuckled, “I’m Amanda.”

“She’s my girlfriend; I came to show her…” Alex trailed off, raising an eyebrow.

Did anyone notice the way my heart started thumping louder and louder in my chest when he called me his girlfriend? If not, somebody must’ve noticed the way my face turned red and my eyes were glazed over.

“Oh! Right! That.” The guy whistled, “About that, Jason can’t be a part of it.”

Shit,” Alex sighed, “Really?”

The guy nodded, “Yeah, sucks, huh?”

“Um, what are you guys talking about?” I asked, raising my eyebrows.

“Hi! I’m Jack!” The one with the blonde streaks said.

I laughed, “Hiya!” I exclaimed, “I’m Amanda!”

“Will you be my newest bestest friend?” He asked, giving me a huge hug.

I nodded, “Sure thing!”

Alex wrapped his arms around me and chuckled low in my ear, “Sorry Jack, she’s all mine.”

“Really now?” I turned around to face Alex, “Who said?”

He blinked, clearly shocked by my answer.

I smirked, “Gotcha.” I whispered, pecking him lightly on the lips.

He rolled his eyes and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and threw myself into the kiss, forgetting about the world around me.

“YO!” Jack yelled, “Save that for later.” He was grinning despite everything. “We need to find a new drummer!”

“Wait—drummer?” My eyes darted between Jack and Alex “Does this mean you’re in a band?” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

“Maybe.” Alex replied, “Can you find a drummer?”

I pursed my lips in thought, “Maybe.”

“I love you!” Jack yelled, throwing his arms around me.

“Whoa, whoa.” I laughed, hugging him back.

Alex let go of me and stepped back, smirking at the scene. I smiled at him and let go of Jack to take out my cell phone.

I had just the person for this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are love<3