Status: Active

Totally Not Average

Turning Around

After Alex and I finished eating, he was driving me home when I remembered my car.

“Wait, you’re going to go get my car, right?” I asked, recognizing my street.

“Um, no.” Alex looked slightly embarrassed, but I shook that away, because I wanted my car.

“Why not? I need my car to get to school.” I was on the verge of freaking out, what would my Dad think if I didn’t have my car?

“I’ll pick you up tomorrow morning, how about that?” Alex asked, pulling into my driveway, which was empty of my Dad’s car.

I shot him a look, “Are you trying to stalk me?” I teased, smiling.

“Hardly. I just don’t want to go and get your car right now.” He muttered.

I laughed, “Sure.”

"I don't know what's so funny, but I'm glad to entertain you." Alex winked.

I blushed furiously and hoped my hair covered it. I hated how when I blushed, my pale skin gave it away.

My hand gripped the car door and I opened it, putting one foot out of the car. I turned back to Alex and unconsciously put my hand on his shoulder.

He looked at me, startled. I was shocked too; where had that come from?

"Don't be late." I told him and got out of the car before I could embarrass myself even more.

I walked up to my door, closing my eyes and sighing. I looked back and saw Alex's car speed down the street as I leaned against the door. The door opened suddenly and I almost fell over, bumping into a solid person.

"What the?" I exclaimed, steadying myself.

"Amanda Elizabeth Collins!" My dad thundered, crossing his arms over his chest.

I looked up and my eyes widened, "Um, hi Dad?" I smiled weakly.

"Why have I gotten a call from your school saying you missed your last three classes?" He asked, narrowing his eyes.

Dad could be scary when he wanted to; which was when I was in trouble, like now. But other than that, he was super nice. Dad acted like he was a teenager at times, but other times he could be super embarrassing. It was how parents were.

"I..." I was about to come up with an excuse when I caught a glimpse of my reflection on the mirror we kept next to the door; My hair was pretty messy, surrounding my face in a ringlet of curls, my eyes were bright and glowing while my cheeks were flushed. I looked back at my dad, "I don't know."

"Why isn't your car in the driveway?" He asked, looking past me.

I opened my mouth to say something stupid, then shut it. "I left it at school."

"How did you get here?" Dad asked, glaring. "Who was that person who dropped you off here?"

"A friend gave me a ride." I chose my words carefully.

"You mean a boy." It wasn't a question.

"Yes. He's new at school and..." I bit my lip, thinking of something else to say, "I had to show him around, and then he gave me a ride home."

Dad shook his head and I could tell he didn't believe me for a second. "You're grounded for two weeks."

My jaw dropped open but he held a hand up to stop me from interrupting. "No phone, no computer, no iPod and you aren't going anywhere."

"What?" I asked, looking at him disbelieving. Dad never punished me, but that's also because I never got into trouble.

"Go to your room." He commanded, not looking at me.

Without another word, I stalked upstairs to my room.

---

A horn sounded outside my room and I looked out the window, jumping in shock.

A black camaro was outside my house, it's windows rolled down and music playing from the speakers. My dad was long gone; leaving for work at 5 AM. I looked at myself in the mirror and turned around, examining myself all around.

Tight blue jeans, button up white shirt, and white ballet flats My hair was curly today, with a white bow in my hair. I had silver hoops on, the ones my mother had given me a long time ago.

The car honked again and I grabbed my backpack, racing downstairs and out the door. I opened the car door and got in, setting my bag on the car floor, next to my feet.

"God, you take long." Alex complained, putting the car into drive and slamming on the gas.

"You're the one who offered to give me a ride." I pointed out, smirking when he rolled his eyes.

"If I'm late because of you, I'm not talking to you anymore." He teased, making a sharp right.

"You know that's a reward right?" I joked, laughing. "Oh, and you got me grounded, so I should make you late."

"Grounded, huh?" I could hear the signature smirk in his voice and see it on his face. "Who knew you were such a 'wild child'?"

I smacked his arm playfully, "Wild child my ass." I muttered.

Alex laughed, the sound echoing throughout the car. It was pretty weird, I had barely ever heard him laugh. It was mostly just smirks and grins, and just expressionless faces. It felt good to see him show a part of him that wasn't an ass.

He parked the car in the school parking lot just as I heard the first bell ring. We both got out of the car, grabbing our school stuff.

"How long are you grounded for?" Alex asked, slinging his backpack over his shoulder.

"Two weeks." I told him, sighing. "And it's all your fault."

"My fault?" He put a hand to his chest and mocked hurt, "You're the one who didn't eat lunch."

I scoffed, "I could've dealt with that perfectly fine, you know."

Alex rolled his eyes, "Yeah, right. That's why you were starving in my car."

My eyes widened, "That's 'cause you mentioned food!" I laughed, "Everyone gets hungry when food is mentioned!"

He tsk-ed me, "Only the delusional ones." He put a finger at my temple; implying that I'm delusional.

I glared playfully, "And I'm the one who's full of shit." I muttered under my breath.

"I never said I wasn't." Alex grinned at me, draping an arm around my shoulders, "I just gave you a big newsflash."

He opened the door for me, his arm still around my shoulders.

"Are you saying I should thank you?" I asked disbelievingly.

Alex considered this, "Something like that." And, shocker to us all, he kissed my cheek.
My face turned beet red and we continued walking down the hall as everyone stared at us.
♠ ♠ ♠
The computer I'm using for a week won't let me post any banners.
SO sorry!

Comment--Subscribe!

<3 Jules.