Status: Active

Gabe Saporta, You Make Me Wanna Lose Control.

Chapter Four

I smoothed out my hair and put a bow in it like I always did. I loved dressing up, especially for concerts and parties; they were the one place I could really have fun. I sighed as I started with my regular routine—eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara, slight blush, and cherry flavored lip gloss.

I took a step back and observed my out fit in the full length mirror. I was wearing checkered black Vans, black skinny jeans, a teal tank-top with a white low-cut v-neck shirt and a black vest on top of all that. I had a few necklaces—dog tags I had inherited from my Father when he died, a silver diamond heart my mother had given me before I was kicked out, and a golden cross.

I had a black bow in my hair, parting my side bangs from the rest of my hair. It was wavy, reaching past my shoulders—almost to my elbows. My silver hoops were slightly visible through my blonde hair and I smiled at the reflection in the mirror.

I looked perfect.

Instead of whistling a tune like Gabe always did, I hummed softly to a song that I couldn’t get out of my head.

Have you heard about the new girl on the block in the black out benz? With the old school kicks and her hipster friends, got a peace sign in hand.” I sang, swaying my hips to the beat. It was a song called ‘Girls Freak Me Out’ by the Summer Set. I had fallen in love with the song the instant I heard the title—I mean, who wouldn’t? It was such a good title!

She’s everything want and all you hated. Well dressed and overrated; some girls freak me out!” I laughed at my reflection in the mirror. “Well, Daddy’s little girl knows how to party, she’s singing ‘Pour some sugar on this!’

“Is that ‘The Summer Set’ you’re singing?” Asked a voice from behind me.

I turned around, my eyes catching Gabe’s. I blushed but nodded. “Girls freak me out.”

He smirked and nodded. “I thought you would be loyal to Cobra Starship, The Maine, and Boys Like Girls?” He raised his eyebrows.

I laughed. “I may be loyal but that doesn’t mean I can’t like other bands...” I defended, taking a few steps back.

“Hmm.” He pursed his lips. “Fine then.”

I chuckled. “Doesn’t seem like you’re happy about it…?"

He shrugged. “I’m impartial, I guess.” His eyes trailed up and down my body, taking it all in. “Nice singing by the way.”

I half-smiled. “Thank you, Gabe.”

“See you later, Babe.” He winked at me before disappearing out of the bus.

Even though I had claimed my title as ‘the bad girl’ in the family, I quickly lost that title as I moved out. I’ve been out on the road for a year and a half, almost two, and in that time, I changed.

Now, this has to sound terribly cliché, but I have changed. When I was living at home, I only rebelled because there were rules forced on me. You could say I had a problem with authority—I would probably agree—but that was only when I was a teenager, foolish, I guess.

I’m not saying I’m any less foolish—hell fucking no. If anything, I’m just as much reckless as I was when I was 16. The only difference is; I don’t have any rules to follow, so that makes everything less exciting.

So I was no longer ‘the bad girl’. I was just ‘the daughter that had moved away’. Nothing less, and nothing more.

My family wasn’t big on traditions; it wasn’t big on family dinners and family parties—no shit like that. We were all independent, even from day one. My Mom hated to rely on Dad too much and he the same. I had no clue how they got together; they were too much alike and just clashed.

Once my brothers moved out—I had three older brothers—that was that. Mom didn’t spend time worrying about them or grieving about how she didn’t have her ‘little boys’. No, she just kicked them out with a smile, telling them to face the world.

I was the exact same thing. I think Dad was sadder to see me go, I was his little girl, but they let me go all the same. It wasn’t a heartfelt goodbye, and it wasn’t something to cry over. We barely talk, honestly, but they call every once in a while.

Life with them wasn’t the best life ever, but I still loved it. We didn’t put up the Christmas tree together, and we barely ate dinner together; if we did eat dinner together, it would probably be in silence.

Back to my point—I wasn’t ‘wild’ anymore; I would hardly be called wild. The wildest thing I’ve done in my year alone would be going to concerts and their after parties. I never got too drunk, never had a one night stand with a stranger—it just wasn’t me anymore.

So as I was there, in the concert hall they were performing in, I was easily sucked into all of it. I wanted to go back to my high school life—late night parties, one night stands, drinking so much that I didn’t know in which direction the sky was. I had perfect reason to go back to that life; I didn’t have any responsibilities—all I had to do was be able to get to the tour bus back on time.

Easy enough, right?

Not really. I didn’t want to be the one who fucked up on this tour—the one who was just over doing it all. Call it stupid, because I was pretty sure it was stupid, but I didn’t want to stand out. It seemed hard to stand out, though, when you’re on tour with a bunch of hard-partying rock stars.

I sat down at the bar, asking for a beer while looking at the stage. Cobra Starship had just finished performing and now it was Boys Like Girls’ turn. I was nearly on the edge of the seat with excitement; I loved Boys Like Girls like any fanatic would.

As they sang each song, I got bored with staying only at the bar. Instead of going out to the dance-floor and dance with random strangers, I decided to press my luck with going backstage. I wasn’t sure if they would admit me because first off, I didn’t have a pass and secondly, I wasn’t sure if Vicky was there to get me in.

I pushed through the crowd, a new drink in my hands. I was starting to feel a bit tipsy, but that was alright. As long as I didn’t get full out drunk, I’m okay. I reached the start of backstage where guys in yellow shirts with ‘security’ written on it were guarding the door.

“Hello, boys.” I smiled up at them, making my move past them.

Both of them put a hand on my shoulder, pushing me back. “Sorry sweetheart, you can’t come back here without a pass.”

“I don’t have a pass, but I know the band ‘Cobra Starship.’” I told them, trying to go past them again.

“Yeah, right.” One of them drawled sarcastically.

“I’m serious!” I exclaimed. “Vicky, their pianist or whatever the hell she is, is my cousin!”

The other one rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest. “You aren’t going in there.”

“Don’t sweat it, guys.” Gabe popped up behind them, sporting a smile. “She’s with us.”

They sighed and let me through and I gave them a smirk. “Told ya.” I muttered, walking past them.

“Next time, don’t aggravate them; you’ll get raped.” Gabe looked me up and down, giving me a shiver.

I chose to ignore this comment. “Where’s Vicky?” I asked, following him as we made it to the place where the bands went on and off the stage. I could see the back of Boys Like Girls and a bit of their faces, but it wasn’t so much of a great view. I preferred to be front stage.

“We’ll be right back!” Martin said into the microphone.

Though the crowd protested, the band started leaving, coming this way. Martin had a pissed expression, and I could say I was a bit scared.

“Fuck!” He yelled as he walked past us.

“What happened?” Gabe asked, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning against the wall.

“Taylor Swift canceled on us. She can’t come and do the piece she has in ‘Two Is Better Than One’.” Martin said angrily.

I looked at them apologetically, but kept my mouth shut. That was, until I realized the person I was looking for wasn’t here. “Where’s Vicky?” I piped up.

“Some where.” Gabe told me. “I dunno.” He muttered.

“I thought you were taking me to her…?” I raised an eyebrow.

“I didn’t say anything.” He raised his hands in surrender.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. Guys will be guys.

“Oh, you’re Vicky’s cousin?” Martin looked at me for the first time. “I’m Martin.” He smiled at me.

“I know.” I said lamely. “I’m Juliett, but you can call me Jules.”

“Cool. Nice to meet you, Jules.” Martin smiled at me again.

I nodded. “So what’s your problem with Taylor Swift?”

“She was supposed to be with us on this tour because she sings a song with me, and I’d just love to have her on this tour.” He chuckled. “But she couldn’t come, so now I’m stuck without a singer for ‘Two Is Better Than One’.”

I pursed my lips. “That majorly sucks. Can’t you just do the part without her?”

Paul shook his head. “It’s for two people; a guy and a girl. No going back there.”

“Ah.”

“You know…” Gabe looked at all of us, “Juliett’s a singer. I heard her singing today, she’s pretty damn good.”

I blushed as everyone’s eyes fell on me. “N-no, I’m not.” I stammered.

“Sing a few bars.” Martin suggested.

I let out a breath through my lips. “What song?”

“Do you know the song ‘Two Is Better Than One’?” He asked.

I nodded. “With my eyes closed.”

“Sing the girls part and then the chorus. Let’s see what you can do.” He crossed his arms and shifted his weight from one foot to another.

I took a deep breath and braced myself.

I remember every look upon your face,['/i]” I sang, hoping my voice didn’t waver.

The way you roll your eyes, the way you taste.” Martin sang his due part. “You make it hard for breathing…

Cause when I close my eyes and drift away,” My voice became slightly higher, “I think of you and everything’s okay. I’m finally now believing…

It was our turn to sing together now, and I wasn’t as nervous as I had been when I started.

And maybe it’s true-o-o-o,” We hit the right notes at the same time, “That I can’t live without you. And maybe two-o-o-o is better than one. But there’s some much time, to figure out the rest of my life. And you’ve already got me coming undone. And I’m thinking two,” My part was up now; I had to hit the right notes and make sure I sounded perfect. “Is better than one……..

I cut off singing and stared nervously at all of them. My eyes lingered on Martin’s bright blue eyes, wondering what his verdict would be.

“You fucking kick ass!” He exclaimed. “Would you fill in for Taylor and sing that part for the duration of this tour?” He asked me.

When he was smiling at me like that, how could I say no?
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, banners aren't working.
That's just too bad, I have so many! (:

COMMENT--Subscribe!