Status: Hiatus Indefinitely.

All The Things She Does Make It Seem Like Love.

Tempting Fate

I wanted to erase that kiss from my mind; because it didn't mean a thing to me. Not a thing.

Then why was it playing over and over in my mind?

I collapsed on my bed, trying to clear my thoughts. All I had wanted to do tonight was have fun, forget it all, and now I was stuck with these irritating questions.

Why couldn't John just leave me alone? Sarah was already going to kill me and if she ever found out about that kiss...

Wait a second; I was worrying about what Sarah was going to do to me, but she has some explaining to do too. Why didn't she tell me that Garrett was in the band, The Maine? Why did she keep it from me? She knew damn well how tight we were.

I let out a frustrated groan and felt silly all of a sudden. Here I was, acting like an enraged teenager; slamming doors, screaming into pillows. What was this; high school? I have had enough of high school.

I was mature, I was strong; I didn't have to run from John. Hell fucking no.

If anything, I was supposed to go in there and act like nothing happened, or, if I was crazy like I was starting to think, I would go back in there and kiss him.

I shook the absurd thought from my mind; I wasn't going to kiss him. I could play with his mind, maybe, but I wasn't going to kiss him. Why tempt fate?

I got up off my bed and walked over to my closet, putting on my pajamas which consisted of short shorts and an old t-shirt. I slipped on the slippers I had gotten for Christmas once-upon-a-time.

I opened the door to my bedroom and walked out, heading to the kitchen first. I was going to get a small snack from the fridge--chips, probably--and then head over to the couch. I was not going to feel intimidated.

The t-shirt I was wearing reached till my knees; that's how big it was, so it looked as if I wasn't wearing any shorts. I shivered when the cold air of the refrigerator hit my bare legs and quickly grabbed another soda to drink and shut the fridge door. I opened the cabinet and grabbed a bag of doritos.

Juggling both in one hand, I walked over to the couch where John was sprawled on. He looked up at me with wide eyes, probably wondering what I was doing here. I shrugged off his weird gaze and sat down on the couch when he moved his feet.

I saw that John was watching Law & Order, surprisingly, so I didn't bother complaining; I liked this show. I oepned the bag of chips and handed it to John to see if he wanted one. He grabbed a few out of the bag and I took the bag back from him.

We didn't say anything much and I wasn't bothered by it. I didn't really believe in awkward silences, because it's not really awkward until you say it is. Anyways, I focused my attention on the TV, trying to understand what was happening.

"What's happening?" I asked him,not bothering to look at him.

"A girl reported a rape and everything, but the officers don't believe her because she publically exploited who raped her and got the people killed." John answered, sitting up on the couch and turning up the volume.

"Is that Amanda Seyfried?" I squinted my eyes, trying to get a better look at the blonde on the TV.

"Yeah, that's her. She's the supposed "rape victim"." John scowled.

I chuckled. "I'm guessing you don't like her..?"

"No, it's not that. It's just, her rape story isn't convincing. Any good cop can see through that." He explained.

"Yeah, and that tears bit? So not working for her." I rolled my eyes.

"Exactly! It's like she's trying too hard to seem all innocent." He sighed and shook his head. "But still, that Detective Stabler guy, he did something wrong."

This captured my attention, so I turned my head to look at John. "What did he do?"

"He told a reporter about the case. Stabler went to a bar to meet his reporter friend and let it slip 'off the record' that the blonde girl, Amanda, was raped by a military guy."

"Oh my God, how stupid is that? You're not supposed to talk to reporters!" I gushed, taking a drink of my soda.

"I'm telling you; they fucked up this case." John met my eyes for a second then turned back to the TV.

I nodded. "Ridiculous. Cops are just...retarded sometimes."

John snickered. "Who says retarded anymore?"

I sighed but chuckled. "I do, get over it."

"If this wasn't your house, I would be laughing my ass off."

"You can leave any time you want." I smiled maliciously.

"No thanks. I'd rather stay right here." He smirked at me.

I sighed. "Annoying me? Great."

His grin widened. "Exactly, babe."
♠ ♠ ♠
do you like it?

Comment, folks!