Status: Hiatus Indefinitely.

All The Things She Does Make It Seem Like Love.

Remembering

Image

High school had been the epitome of my years. I remember all of my memories, all of my years, and everything in between. The partying, the having fun, and the boyfriends.

Garrett had been my last serious boyfriend before my partying and hooking-up streak had began. I had really been attached to him, you could say. He had been here Freshman and Sophomore year and we really clicked. In our freshman year, we were best friends, you could say. Did almost everything together--along with Sarah, of course.

Then, in Sophomore year, it began. Feelings I never knew existed had bubbled up inside of me and soon, I couldn't stop thinking about Garrett. He was on my mind all the time, and my stomach would do flips when he looked at me. His smile was contagious, his laugh was honey, and his touch was electric.

Then there was that kiss.

One fact about that kiss would be a secret I would hold until the grave. Garrett had given me my first kiss. I remember it until this day; the electricity crackling through me, the way his soft lips felt against mine, and the way I felt like I was flying.

Just remembering it gave me chills.

After that kiss, Garrett and I had been officially known as a 'couple'. We did everything together--no exceptions. When he got his tonsils out, I was there when he woke up. When I got appendicitis, he there by my side.

That year, we had been named 'couple of the year'. Everyone loved us, because he brought out a side of me that I kept hidden within the depths of my heart.

That summer had been one of the best. Everyday we had been going somewhere, doing something. It didn't matter, as long as we had been together, you know? We had stolen so many kisses, shared our dreams of leaving this town behind and making something of ourselves. We had traveled together to the little romantic spots outside of town and stayed there all night; hiding out from the vultures in town.

I had felt like I could have anything with Garrett.

Then he left, telling me goodbye and kissing me like he would never see me again. I had thought we would keep in touch, be friends, and stay together. But as soon as he hit that city, I was long forgotten. Truth be told, I had forgotten about him too.

But at first, it wasn't like that.

It felt weird without Garrett there, because we had done so much together. In two years, we had grown to be with each other at all times. When he left so unexpectedly, it was like nothing was the same. It was true, nothing was the same.

Sarah didn't really understand my reasons, my pain, and my feelings. She didn't want to understand, either. But she did one thing that helped me; she got my social status up, and soon, we were hitting every party every weekend and just... letting it all go. I let all my feelings go and drowned myself in 'living in the moment' and soon enough, I forgot about Garrett.

It was what was supposed to happen, and I don't regret any of it.

Third Person.

John watched as his friend Garrett and Val talked to each other; catching up. He had to say, he was surprised to see that Val was the Val; the one who hated dated Garrett and then become a legend in this small ass town. Sure, there was something different about her when he first met her, but John had written it off as being a whore.

Val, though, didn't seem like a whore. She just seemed...misunderstood. Oh God, that sounded terrible, John realized. He shook that away and took another gulp of his beer. She had been cold and distant with everyone else, but with Garrett...it all just disappeared.

John didn't know which side of Val was better.

As Garrett got up from his seat, Val walked away from his with a smile on her face, looking cheerful. Garrett walked over to his friend, sitting down at the bar next to him.

"She's so different." Garrett muttered, frowning.

Garrett had remembered Val from High School and he had liked her so much. The warm, friendly, social girl that always wanted to be around him, even if what they were doing wasn't that fun. He remembered all those memories of them together; sneaking out, walking together on the chilly evenings, and just being together.

The girl he had heard about, though, was someone else completely.

His mother had kept in touch with every one of her old friends from Cottonwood, Arizona, which meant she knew what was happening around town. That also meant, unfortunately, that he knew what was happening. For five years, his mother had been telling him about how Val had been up to no good; drinking, partying, and everything else.

There was one time he heard that she got arrested.

Garrett had almost driven there just to see her and make sure she was okay. Val could always take care of herself, he knew that from experience, but the Val he used to know would never get arrested.

Then again, the Val he kept hearing about wasn't the same girl on the inside. He realized that now.

"She loves you, man. You can see it plain on her face." John muttered, letting a bit of jealousy creep into his voice.

John was a bit jealous, he had to admit. Val had seemed different, unattainable almost, and here pops in his friend, Garrett, who's got her all figured out. John had wanted to be the one to figure her out.

"Love?" Garrett let out a bitter laugh. He hadn't noticed the jealousy in John's voice.

"What?" John furrowed his eyebrows.

Garrett took John's cup and downed it's contents, and then got up from his seat. His eyes met John's eyes and Garrett shook his head.

"Val doesn't fall in love."
♠ ♠ ♠
"They Say That Kid, He's Got Soul!"
-Kiss My Sass (:

Anyways, Subscribe! I only have seven subscribers, but yet 42 readers (:

I love you guys <3

Comment, too!