Status: Finished: Happy New Year!

The Courtyard

the giver

Since being forced to attend high-school, I’d been picking on this kid everyday, and I wasn’t going to stop just because he thought he could hide in the courtyard. Yeah, there may have been people around, but they were either to far away to know what was going on or just didn’t care. Walking over to the little runt, I shoved him to the ground. As he went down, a small, silver pocket watch fell out of pants and landed on the ground near him.

“Do you have a warranty on that,” I asked, pointed to the watch.

“No, it wa--,” he started, but I cut him off.

“Sucks,” was all I said, before I stomped on it, causing the glass to smash into a thousand tiny pieces.

The poor sucker looked like he was about to cry, and I couldn’t help but laugh. This kid should have been thanking me! Now he can go out and buy and new one seeing as it looked like an old piece of shit anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word Count: 173

warranty - a written guarantee given to the purchaser of a new appliance, automobile, or other item by the manufacturer or dealer, usually specifying that the manufacturer will make any repairs or replace defective parts free of charge for a stated period of time.