Status: I will update this soon, if anyone actually reads.

i feel like i've known you forever...

o1

The wind hits her face, snow particles in the air, leaving her skin red and rosy. She was unbelievably, extrodinarly fast and everyone watched as she zoomed down the powdery, sparkly white mountain down to the ski lift. Nearly 4 o'clock it was, and the mountain closed at 4. She raced, pushing her board with one foot unhooked. It was crowded and she almost ran into a kid who was wandering away from his parents. She smiled sweetly and felt her pink lips crack a little from dryness, she looked down at him through her green goggles that covered her eyes from the blistering cold, the sun glistenened in his sparkling green eyes.

She ran to the singles line for the chairlift called Meteor. It lead back to the Gondola which would take her back down to bottom of the 9,000 elevation mountain. She waited in the line and saw another snowboarder appear behind her. The braids she had did this morning were tangled and snow covered from her many falls at the terrain park when she tried to go off jumps and do tricks. She just wasn't that good yet. There were two people in the groups line, and the man who directed the people was wearing neon orange snowboarding boots. He looked as if he would rather be boarding on the nearly fresh powder, than directing people to the lifts. He directed her to the group of two, and she saw the boy that was standing behind her come next to her. She blushed a little, but you couldn't tell because her cheeks were already so scarlet.

The chairlift was squeezed and her thin thigh was perfectly parallel with his, they were touching. The obese older couple on the left were chatting about how excited they were to do some more stuff and more things that Alice couldn't understand. Her head was foreward and she pretended not to glance every few minutes at the boy next to her. Her eyes would slowly glide to the left subconciously. Alice pulled down the safety bar, slowly, to see if anyone would object her knees trembled even as she was sitting, when she looked down to the snow at the bottom, the roots of the trees, and skiiers sliding down the endless white. She saw a snowboarder fall as he tried to jump over a log, she smiled, but covered her mouth with her cold black glove, she sniffled. The boy turned to her and tapped her leg, She was nervous and she hoped that her eyes didn't show it.

" HA did you just see that? He totally just face planted into the snow. HAHA!" He hollered with laughter, while Alice eventually joined in, not because she was in awe at the snowboarder, but because the boy that was sitting, squeezed between him and the edge.

They were nearing the end, but she wanted to talk, just for a little bit. Though she doubted that he would want to. She got off the lift, impeccable form and went to the right towards where the gondola was. Her boot she strapped in just a little bit later, when the flat road ended and a hill came near. Alice sat on her butt, the cold seeping through, and quickly adjusted her straps so that it was tight enough.

Gliding board, swaying hair, she raced down quickly before the gondola closed. She was beginning to get hot under her layers of clothes from all the activity. There was a flat area and her board came to a halt. She saw a familiar jacket come racing down seconds later as she tried to move herself by jumping to the side. It was the boy whom she sat wedged between. He grabbed her hand and pulled her so she gathered some speed.

"Thanks a lot!" she yelled at him as he continued down the hill farther ahead of her and disappeared into the forest. She rode on until she reached the gondola entrance. The groups line was packed, but luckily she was in the singles line, which was nearly empty. The stairs were snow covered but not so much that you would slip. She was first in line. Unusual for Alice.

The worker took her snowboard and packed it onto a Gondola. She was put into one with a family, and two teenage skiiers that looked annoyed and were listening to their music on high volume. She was squished again, but not as much. Until the boy who she had sat next to on the chairlift, and who had helped her on the ski run, and whos name she didn't even have a clue of. He squeezed in next to her, like de já vu, they were squished except he was the one on the edge. The family on the other side eyed them, and their son who looked to be about 6 years old kept on staring at the boy too. His eyes were blue and his hair was brown. He had freckles that you could only see once he unveiled his mask. He turned to her and said,

"I feel as if this has happened before, sorry that it has to be with me." He flashed a perfectly white smile at her and she smiled back, her lips crackling again, "I'm Jacob." His blue eyes flickered, and he flipped his hair to the side. It was long, but not too long.

"I'm Alice." She said. Her blond hair was in messy braids and her face still rosy. Her blue eyes almost perfectly matched his, but neither one noticed.

"So what did you get for christmas, I asked for a new snowboard but that didn't happen." He laughed throughout the sentence. Alice thought thoroughly about what she was going to say.

"For christmas I asked for (500) Days Of Summer, new snowpants, and.." she thought if she should say this one, she really asked for one from Santa, and Alice had an intention that this boy who was squished right next to her would be her boyfriend, if that wasn't too forward. "A boyfriend from Santa." she sighed out the last part. She expected his eyes to be surprised, and have her forever imprinted as the desperate girl.

"Really? Um...well I asked for a girlfriend from Santa. Seeing as I've never had one. I've never even kissed a girl and I'm 15." Jacob admitted. The family across from them was eavesdropping really noticeably but Alice wasn't annoyed, she was too entralled with Jacob's story, even if it was a short one.

"I've never kissed anyone either, and I'm the same age. Basically the same as you. I still think its pathetic seeming as my friends have had about 5 boyfriends or more a year." Jacob rolled his eyes, and Alice never saw a boy roll his eyes about anything that had the word "girl" in the sentence. She never thought a boy would be appalled by the idea of girls having a lot of boyfriends throughout the short period of 365 days.

Her knee touched his, briefly. She blushed and turned away to look outside the gondola window. They were almost to where they had to get off. It didn't make Alice very happy, or anxious. She wanted to stay in this gondola forever, with the awkward silence of the family across of them, and the stunning silence that would occasionally come across Jacob and her. They would just stare. Jacob stared at her luxurious long non-mascara globbed lashes, her slightly chapped lips, and her cute red cheeks that were consistently rose red. Alice saw his thick brown eyebrows, and his curly dirty blonde hair that was peeking from underneath his hat. They reached the gondola landing point and the two parted, away from each other. They both looked longingly at each other, though neither noticed the looks. They said goodbye to each other, not knowing if they would see each other again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I will update soon. I was planning on this to be a one-shot, but it seems like a good story if I expand on it a bit more.

Thanks for reading! (?)