His Treasure

Making Friends and Enemies

“Could you believe the nerve of that ass-hole?” Cherise asked angrily, taking a spoon of ice-cream into her mouth. She was telling the worker of the local ice-cream shop, her friend Julian, what happened last night. Pointing to her friend Satara, she along with her twin Reesa were with Cherise last night at the bar, with the plastic spoon. “I cannot believe I listened to you Sati! And you Reese! I thought you were the good twin. You’re just as bad as Sati. I mean, God what a great start to a new year, being called easy.”

Julian shook his head. “Honey, you got insulted last year. The way I see it, you started the new year fucking amazing, kneeing a jerk in the balls.”

“True!” Sati agreed. Cherise glared at her.

“Shut up, you just want to save your own skin. I mean, if I was hot like you and Reese, I wouldn’t need to injure a jerk. Hell, if I looked like you two, there wouldn’t be any jerks.”

“Cher, you’re perfectly beautiful the way you are,” Reesa said.

Cherise sighed. It was easy for her to say it. Reese and her twin was tall, blonde and would get any guy. Reese in her looks was soft. Her straight blonde hair framed her heart-shaped face that had light makeup. Neutral was the word Reesa used. Her wardrobe was cute, filled with pastels and nice clothes that made her look utterly sexy. Reesa was definitely the type of girl who guys sought to protect.

Sati, though had the basic looks as Reese, dressed and acted completely different. While Reese was delicate and feminine, Sati streaked her hair with blue, used more makeup than Reese, pierced her nose and basically gave off the feeling that if anyone pissed her off, theyr were going to pay.

But all in all, they were gorgeous and wouldn’t have the problems Cherise did.

“Ah shit, a customer is here, I hadda go.” Julian left quickly and the girls laughed.

Cherise stood up. She didn’t want the rest of her ice-cream and left the booth to throw it away. She stopped when she saw the customer that Julian was helping. It was the jerk from the bar! He turned and faced her. Her eyes widened and she yelled, “You!”

Pissed off, she threw the ice-cream cup at him. Unfortunately, he ducked and it hit the wall. Screaming in frustration, she left the store, even thought all she wanted to do was go back in there and hit the guy.

Zacky stood in the ice-cream shop dumb-founded. “Dude, what did you do to Cher?” the guy behind the counter asked.

“I—”

“Hey, that’s the dude Cheri kicked in the nuts!” A woman yelled. She was blonde just like girl next to her except she had blue streaks and a silver stud on her nose. The guy winced and looked at Zacky.

“Damn man, and you now moved in?” he asked Zacky who nodded. “Shit, good luck avoiding Cher in this small town.”

“C’mon Satara, even though I know you want to finish what Cheri started, let’s leave him alone and go find Cherise,” the next woman said with a hand resting on her twin’s shoulder.

“Fine,” Satara huffed and then looked at Zacky as the two was leaving. She then said nastily, “Have a good life!”

Zacky looked at the guy. “I guess you hate me too.”

The guy shrugged and said, “Nah, to me it seemed that last night you were just too drunk and well, I’d hate you but I personally think you already got your payback. Also, I can’t hate a man who seems as depressed and angry as you, I know how it feels to be where you are and you need someone to help you through it.”

Zacky looked at the guy for a while. He seemed alright of a person. His hair was shaggy and brown. The guy had grey eyes and he was lanky. Then, breaking the silence he put out his hand and said, “I’m Zacky.”

“Julian. Nice to meet you man,” he said and shook Zacky’s hand.

“Yeah, same,” Zack said and sighed, “I really wished I hadn’t made that girl so pissed. She didn’t deserve that.”

“Well, you want a chance to apologize to Cherise? I’m having a party Friday night. You’re welcome to come.”