His Treasure

Loosening up

“If you don’t come, I will sneak into your house and shave off your hair while you’re asleep,” Sati threatened over the phone. Satara must be a psychic of sorts ‘cause just before she called Cherise was in a battle between going to Julian’s party later tonight or staying home. And the thought of staying home was winning.

Cherise sighed. “I don’t know. I really want to watch some TV and sleep in. Not to mention, my hair can always grow back.”

“No! Now you have to come! If you won’t do it for Julian, do it for your beautiful hair!” Reese’s distinct voice yelled through the phone. Cherise laughed.

“Alright, to the both of you, I’ll go. I was going to go anyway…”

“Liar.” came the simultaneous response. Cherise laughed and ended the call.

She opened her closet, looked at the clothes stuffed everywhere and sighed. Oh well.

Everyone knew where Julian house was. Despite working in an ice-cream shop, Julian was pretty rich and his house was gorgeous. Not to mention the ex-playboy a street down from his aunt’s home where he and his cousin had many parties when they were in high school. Yeah, Julian and his cousin was hot, no girl could’ve resisted those two heart-breakers.

Pulling up to house, Cheri grinned at the sign, ‘ #32. Julian and Safina’s place. All broads beware’. Friends with Julian’s Texan wife, Cherise actually gave Safina the smart idea. Good times.

“Cheri! You made it!” Cherise was immediately enveloped into a hug as she entered the house.

“Of course, I had to see one of my best friends!” Cherise said, her smile wide. Safina laughed and absentmindedly rubbed her very pregnant belly. Cherise eyes widened. “Holy shit Saff, you look like you’re ready to pop!”

Safina beamed. “I know! It’s going to be a girl you know,” she said. Cherise heart lurched and she swallowed. Safina and Julian were so lucky.

“Ah! What the Hell?” Reese yelled.

Cherise turned, her eyes wide. “What I do?” she asked. Reese sighed.

“God woman, we threatened your hair and you come here with it like that?” Reese sucked her teeth. Cherise shrugged. She saw nothing wrong with her hair being braided.

Zacky stood next to Julian, talking to a couple of his friends. He stopped talking in mid-sentence as he caught sight of her. She was wearing dark blue jeans, a slinky black halter top with this long, black and blue beaded chain that hung just below her breasts. The only other piece of jewellery she wore was a silver watch and earrings to match her chain. Her hair was in a single braid and tendrils of her ebony hair had escaped and framed her face.

"Dude, you listening?” Julian asked. Zacky’s eyes snapped back to Julian but he couldn’t help but notice from his peripheral vision that Cherise was walking towards him. Well, considering that he was now blocked, Cherise probably didn’t see him and was actually walking towards Julian.

“Hey Ju—,” she started as she came closer but soon saw Zacky. Stopping, she blinked twice before for turning around and walking away.

Zacky mentally cursed and quickly caught up to Cherise. “Okay, okay, okay, I probably am not your favourite person in the world right now but—.”

“How are you here?” Cherise turned around and looked at him, fury lighting her blue eyes.

“I, uh, drove,” Zacky said. Cherise turned to walk away but Zacky immediately grabbed her forearm. “Alright, the reason I came to apologize for my behavior.” She stilled and looked at him.

“Okay, I’m listening.”

Zacky sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. “How about we go sit down first?” She opened her mouth to protest but Zacky was already pulling her to Julian’s couch.

“We’re sitting. Now talk, ‘cause I don’t particularly like getting insulted by some sexy green eyed babe.”

Zacky raised his eyebrows. Sexy green eyed babe? “Okay so I’m not going to candy coat it, right now, I’m going through some fucked up times. For a while I’ve been enjoying getting drunk and wallowing in my own pathetic filth and misery. That night, I was in my usual state, except I guess worse and you were just there at the wrong time. I am very sorry trust me.” Zacky held his breath, getting prepared for her to cuss him like Gena would.

“Okay. You’re forgiven,” she said simply. He blinked.

“What?”

“You apologized, and I’m not some wounded chick who has trust issues and other crap. Besides I threw my ice-cream at you, so I figured that we’re even.”

“Okay, but I dodged,” Zacky pointed out. Cherise made a face.

“Hey, if you hadn’t ducked, my ice-cream would’ve hit you on the face,” she said, laughing. Zacky laughed too. Wow, was it really sad that it has been a long time since he laughed like this? Even when he was with Gena, he couldn’t remember laughing with a woman like this but it felt good.

Zacky grinned and held out his hand. “Zachary Baker.”

“Cherise Devereaux. Pleased to meet you,” she said smiling and shook his hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S MA BDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAYZ

*sniffs* yup, I'm all gwrown up. FIVE YEARS OLD!!! :)

-_- so i expect some 'happy birthday riann's.... okie?