His Treasure

Men are just Babies in a big boy's body

His cell phone rang.

Zacky cursed and held his head in his hands. Hangovers are such a bitch.

“Hello?” he whispered, answering his cell. He got up from his bed and made his way to the kitchen and clumsily made a “Hair of the Dog”.

“Zacky, you owe me,” Cherise said.

He grimaced. “Not so loud.”

“Sorry,” Cherise said in a whisper.

“It’s okay. Now what’s happened?”

“Well last night, I was having a lovely meal with my family. It was very nice since my siblings are scattered all over the US and to have them and their children over for the weekend at my parents’ was a miracle. But some Mister decided to get drunk, again, and the bar owner called me to pick up the said Mister.

“An’ guess what? My sister told me I have to bring over the bam bam who disrupted our night for the evening.”

Finished making the cocktail, he gulped the damned drink. Wanting to wash out the lovely taste of the lemon juice and tobacco sauce, he gargled with water. Zacky cleared his throat. “Lemme guess, I’m this ‘Mister’?”

“Oh my God, ladies and gentlemen the man is smart. Gee Zacky, you’re Nobel Prize material,” Cherise said sarcastically.

“So what was the point of calling me at…” he looked at the clock and his eyes widened. “At SIX!” Zacky heard Cherise chuckling. He narrowed his eyes.

“Well maybe this will teach you a lesson. Stop drinking your liver away, chicks won’t fawn over you.”

She was wrong. Gena was all about that. In her warped mind, she thought it was glamourous to drink and smoke and have a rocker boyfriend. Maybe he should’ve seen it coming when she fucked Jimmy.

“Zacky?” Cherise asked uncertainly. “You there?”

“Yeah, I am.”

“Okay. You’ll come right?” she asked in a small voice. He smiled at how cute she sounded.

“Of course.”

“Don’t make me go please.”

Cherise placed her hands on her hips as she glared at Zacky. “You big baby!”

“Yes! I am!”

“Zachary James Baker, you whiny little ass! You promised me you’ll come to see my family!”

Zacky winced as Cherise yelled at him. They were both currently in his living room. “When I said that, I was under the influence of a hangover.”

“You lying piece of shit,” Cherise said and pouted.

“I’m sorry, it’s just that it hadn’t processed that I’d be meeting your parents, brothers and sister.”

“Are you telling me you’re afraid of my family?” Cherise asked. Zacky looked at her.

“Hell yes. I’ve seen pictures of your brothers. Shit, Your sister, no matter how petite she is, looks like she could snap me in half and laugh while doing it. I have every right to be afraid.”

Cherise narrowed her eyes and poked Zacky’s chest. “You should be more afraid of me. And believe me Zacky, if I step out of that front door alone, I will come back, castrate you slowly with a rusty spork, then gauge out your pretty green eyes and use them as earrings.”

God, with imagery like that, she should be writing for Hallmark.

Zacky sighed and looked at his crotch. “Alright, let me just change.”

Cherise smiled brightly. “Ah, thank you so much!” She then hugged him.

Zacky stiffened at the sudden contact. It was a while since any one hugged him. Sadly enough, after Jimmy’s death, all he got were fists to the face and looks of disgust and pity. He relaxed into the hug, enjoying the comfort it brought. He wished they could stay like this. But just as quickly as it came, Cherise let go.

Clearing his throat, he left.

Cherise looked at Zacky as she stopped in front of her parents’ home. She laughed.

“You look like you’re gonna piss yourself.”

Zacky send her a glare. “Believe me, if I let loose right now, I wouldn’t be surprised.”

Cherise laughed and placed a warm hand on his larger palm. Gently stroking the back of his hand, she sent him a reassuring smile. “Don’t worry, the worst they could do is send threats of disembowelment.” Watching Zacky’s expression, Cherise burst out laughing.

“You’re not funny,” he said.

“Yes I am, now let’s go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
XD Zacky....