Status: Complete. Real or not real? Real =)

Another Tribute

Epilogue

"So...that's why everyone was yelling 'President Kwell' huh?" I ask my dad, unable to believe what he's just told me. He nods and smiles, looking as proud as ever. Eli sits beside me; my ever present body guard. And I don't mind one bit.

"I wish we could have told you sooner Auden, but your mom and I felt it would keep you safer not to know. And when you got taken to the games...we were even more determined to complete our plan successfully," he says.

Let me explain.

My father has just told me years worth of secrets and plans and determination. My parents were both known as rebels, yes. But I had no idea they were rebel leaders.

For a couple of years now, my parents have been working with many other districts to plan a rebellion. Even my dad's friend who was a past winner of the Hunger Games was in on it - and he had a lot of useful contacts within the Capitol too. My parents finally succeeded in spinning a web betweeen all the districts and the Capitol. And as it turned out, I had been a big help.

The hardest people to convince to rebel were obviously Capitol citizens. Their lives were relatively easy and definitely not bad. Who could complain about fancy parties and beautiful clothes and delicacies every night on your dinner plate? The main the main factor in getting control of the Capitol people were their emotions. And Eli and I apparently had a monopoly in that area.

You see, those Capitol people didn't want lovers split anymore. They wanted a happy ending for once. And the story of Eli and I was a perfect catalyst to create a wave of change in the eyes of the citizens. Harpon helped too of course, getting the sponsors with the big money and power to see our point of view. Would they want their love stripped away? To watch the ones they cared about most be murdered?

Who would have thought it was as simple as an example and a suggestion?

And so, with the districts connected and the Capitol people in distress, my father and mother began to organize the troops. It wasn't easy, but they somehow managed to break into the Capitol while all eyes were turned on the final battle. And then, they broke into the Hunger Games arena just as I was losing conciousness. My parents aren't able to describe what happened next other than by saying it was a miracle they had never hoped for. The Capitol people in the stands followed my father's voice, calling for change. They grabbed President Muerte and put him in chains. They cheered as my father called for an end to the games. And so, here we are.

My father is the new president of Panem. A new president with a lot of new ideas.

And I am alive. With Eli.

"Dad...this is a lot to take it. But it's amazing too! I can't believe you kept this whole thing such a secret!" I say, grinning at the new president. He reaches across the table to ruffle my hair, and I feel like I'm five again. But I don't move away like I might have before the games - I relish the moments we have together. Because you never know when it will be your last.

After everything is said and done, Eli and I end up back in district twelve. I'm not sure why I wanted to come back here, but Eli agreed to come with me. As we walk the familiar streets, it feels as if nothing has changed. Yet, everything has changed.

To Panem, Eli and I are heroes. But to eachother, we are so much more. Finally, the odds are in our favor.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, that's it. This story is officially complete! Thank you for sticking with me, and thank you for believing in my story like I have. My first completed story - real or not real? Real :)
~Carly