Status: working on it

Something Went Wrong

the garden. Duncan

"So how's your night so far?" Dan smiled

"Good. Pretty good. but I'm getting tired..." i smiled sighting. When we finished dancing Blake came back over. We danced. Waltz. We talked for a while about how amazing this place is, but i was getting tired so i went back to the bar. I asked Rob to make me another drink. While i sat there waiting for the drink to be ready i spotted Damien again. He was coming toward the bar but when he saw me he stopped. He looked at me for a few seconds then turned around and sat down somewhere near a window. Great. What is his problem now? What's so bad about me? Why does he hate me so much. Why? Damn this stupid question. He's some stuck up vampire and here i am, a stupid, ugly, wild, troublesome girl who has to live with him. He had to take me in like a goddamn pet. He had to give me shelter. I'm like some stray that had to be taken in, only that I'm not a grateful one. He was right. i never do anything good. I really am just trouble. For everyone. That is why my parents got rid of me, that is why he hates me.

"Here it is" Rob said as he glided the glass in front of me, tearing me from my thoughts "Is there something wrong?" he asked with a concerned look on his face. I just smiled at this. A sad smile crept across my face. It's funny how he actually cares "No. Don't worry" i smiled with the fakest smile i could. I'm going out now. See the garden and all that..." i said getting up. I looked if there was a door here that lead directly to the garden. There was one, in the other side of the room. I headed for the doors, but spotted Damien not far away from it. He was about a feet ahead of me. He was talking to that whore again. I sidestepped then without looking at him went out the door to reach the beautiful garden. Some guests were out on the dock, but not many. They were talking and i heard them say that the meeting will soon occur. I stepped down the deck and started walking next to the pool. I crouched down and touched the surface of the water. It was still warm. I got up and went to the back where the flowers were. It was such a beautiful place.

The flowers that really caught my eyes were the crimson roses in the middle. There were other colors too, but the crimson ones were the most beautiful. i gently touched the petals then leaned in to smell them. they had such an intense scent. It was such a sweet sent, yet not the one that makes you sick. The one that makes you stay there and take in all the fragrance and not get bored of it at all. I stayed like that for a while, then saw the bench Emily was talking about a few feet away from me. I went there and sat down, but the roses weren't as intense there, so me being who i am and the way i am went back where the roses were and sat down on the beautiful green lawn. I leaned back after i got the shoes off my feet and enjoyed the view.

Inside i could see some people walk out of the room. The meeting probably started. I saw the women inside gather in one place, probably to gossip about something. I sighted then leaned back even more. I was already laying on the ground. I don't care about the dress. It means nothing to me. I finished the drink looking at the beautiful dark sky, stars scattered across the whole thing, not a single cloud blocking my view. The moon was nowhere to be found. It was just amazing.

Looking at the beautiful sky i took out my i-pod, putting the earphones in and starting one of my favorite songs. A song that i haven't listened to for so long. A song i have listened to with my best friend. My best friend that always was next to me. The one who always knew what was wrong with me and the one i loved. It wasn't being in love tho, it was just love, but love that meant more to me then anything. Lucas. As i listened to the song i remembered the good old days when we went to the forest or drove long hours to get to the beach, but it was worth it. We made fire and he always brought his guitar. We were the first ones to start singing. Whatever it was we always sang. I pictured him as we sat in a night like, when everyone gathered near the campfire and we sag this song. Then only he and me knew it. I smiled at the memory, as we sat next to each other and just sang. From the heart. His blond hair that was always messy, hanging in his beautiful icy blue, but warm eyes. He was always smiling, not only with his lips but his eyes too. He always made me feel great and told me to be myself no mater what. Life's too short to be someone else so no one should pretend to be different. There are millions of people in the world. We don't have to be liked by everyone.

We were always together. I went to his house and he came to mine. We had fun, even when we did thing like only washing dishes after a huge gathering. Cooking to as many people as we always were wasn't an easy thing, but we took turns and every time we went somewhere we always whined about it, but done it, none the less...

i smiled at the memories as i listened to the song and sang to it

I'm sitting here I'm thinking back to a time when I was young...
My memory, is clear as day
I'm listening to the dishes clink, you were downstairs, you would sing
Songs of praise
And all the times we laughed with you, and all the times that you stayed true to us
Now we say...
I said I thank you, I'll always thank you
More than you could know, than I could ever show
And I love you, I'll always love you
There's nothing I won't do, to say these words to you
That you're beautiful forever
You were my mom, you were my dad, the only thing I ever had was you, it's true
And even when the times got hard, you were there to let us know...that we'd get through
You showed me how to be a man, you taught me how to understand the things, people do
You showed me how to love my God, you taught me that not everyone knows the truth
And I thank you, I'll always thank you
More than you could know, than I could ever show
And I love you, I'll always love you
There's nothing I won't do, to say these words to you
That you will live forever
Always, always and forever

This song was Good Charlotte - Thank you mom. Even if it was written for a mother, this was perfect here too. I haven't seen him for months now. I miss him so much.

I smiled as another song came up. This was one of my favorites. We sang this for months in row. Sr71 - Hello Hello.

Hello Hello
I bring you pictures from the man you used to know
Give in let go
To the words that made you feel you weren't alone

I got a phone call, so i sat up to take it out from my purse. It was Dawn.
"Hey Dawn"

"Hey girl. What are you dong?"

"Ehh, nothing much. What about you?"

"Ahh. How can you say nothing much? you're at a party/ball thingy... isn't that supposed to be fun and all. How's the place?" i smiled as i heard how excited she was

"Well. It seems that the place we came to is Blake's place. her parents' more exactly. The place is awesome. It's like a castle. Everything is amazing. I can't even describe it with words. And the best part is the garden. Deck. Pool. Huge garden and a flower garden. They have such beautiful roses. The crimson ones."

"Wow. That really sounds amazing. What about the guys?"

"Don't you have a boyfriend?" i laughed

"I'm in love but i'm not blind. You know me" she laughed

"Well Blake is here and the other two guys he was with. Nate and Dan. There is a cute bartender but besides that noting else. The people here mostly are old. Well, old for me..."

"What about rich but angry guy? Damien?"

"Ahh" i sighted "he's here."

"He's weird again"

"Sort of"

"What do you mean sort of?" she snapped

"Well he may be right in some things" i sighted

"Like what? You are you. If he doesn't like you then it's his loos. Don't you dare sulk about it"

"I'm not, it's just... he may be right in some things..." there was a pause until Dawn spoke again

"You miss him?"

"Who are you talking about?" i asked knowing very well who she was talking about

"You know who i'm talking about" there was another pause till i confessed

"Yeah..."

"Well we all do, but let's not talk about sad things. I hear no music so you must be out. Go back and party some more. We're gonna talk later" she said

"Aright. Have fun. Say hi to the others" i said

"Oh, and i have a surprise for you" she said. I could feel her smirking.

"What surprise?"

"I'm not gonna tell" she said in a singing voice "Gotta go now. April needs me. And don't you even try getting it out from me cuz this time i will shut my mouth, and so will the others. Have fuuuun" she said and ended the call. I just looked at the phone in ave. Wow. This must be big. 'I wonder what it's about' i said to myself as i leaned back in the grass.

I was enjoying the silence and thinking about what this surprise was about until a huge weight on me pulled me back. I opened my eyes as i saw someone sitting on me, and felt it too

"Get off me" i said narrowing my eyes.

"Why hello to you too. Nice to see you" a man said with dark hair and dark eyes smiling in front of me, or better said on top of me.

"I said get off" i hissed glaring at him, pulling back my fist ready to punch him, but he caught my arm and the other too, and pushed it down above my head

"Well well, fierce aren't we" he said with a sick smile on his face until i kicked him in the crotch and he rolled off me.

"I told you to get off me" i said getting up. He launched himself on me again but i punched him in the face.

"What the hell?!?!?!" he yelled

"I'll give you hell! Just touch me one more time.." He was already in front of me. He was fast, too fast. I took a defence position from what i could attack quickly, but he was a tough guy. He didn't have too much muscle but he was powerful, but before his fist collided someone yelled from my back

"Mitch!" then the guy was next to me with Mitch's fist in his hand "We didn't come here for this" he said. "They are busy now. We can't talk to him. Go back" He said. Mitch lowered his head and glared at me before he dissapeared in the woods. I just looked at the back of the guy who jumped in the middle of the fight. He was so familiar. He was tall. Definitely more then 6 foot. Well toned muscles. He wasn't dressed formally like the guests here. He had dark jeans on and a t-shirt, which showed the muscles from his arms. He had messy-spiked blond hair. i gasped

"L...Lucas...?" i asked, but it was barely a whisper. The guy in front of me turned around and as i looked in his deep green eyes i realized i was mistaken. He was similar to Lucas from the back, but he had a different face structure.

"Hey there" he smiled a dazzling smile "Sorry about that. He has bad manners" he smiled "Are you alright" he asked touching my shoulders lightly"

"Ye...Yeah" i stammered "What was his problem?" i asked motioning towards the place where the other guy dissapeared"

"Ahh. Mitch, He's pretty much always like that, but i understand this" he smiled to me looking in my eyes

"Why is that?"

"Well now he had a really good taste" he said looking me up and down "I hope he didn't do anything" he said with a concerned look on his face

"I can defend myself. Thanks" i said, he laughed

"Oh yeah. i saw that. Good job. Usually girls like you would scream or something."

"Girls like me?" i asked sceptically

"Ahh. Don't misunderstand." he said quickly then smirked "Beautiful girls like you" he said. then there was an awkward silence between us with both of us just smiling "anyway i'm Duncan" he smiled

"Sam"

"Sam?" he asked in disbelief

"What the hell is wrong with you people" i yelled. "Have you never heard the name Samantha? i said throwing my hands up in the air

"Alright alright. Take a deep breath" he said pulling my arms down with a grin "I have absolutely no problem with you being a Sam" he said emphasizing my name.

"Funny how you mention it" i smiled looking into his deep green eyes. you could easily get lost in them.

"You coming?!???" we heard a yell from far away. It was that stupid Mitch.

"Sorry. I have to go" he said turning

"Didn't you come to the party or something?"

"Nah" he said turning back to face me "We just came to make trouble" he smiled walking backwards "See ya Sam" he grinned and winked

"See you later... that is if me meet again" i smile

"Oh we will meet" he smiled "I'll make sure of that" then he turned away and dissapeared in the trees

"What a weird night" i smiled and sat back down and searched for a song to listen to with closed eyes

I almost fell asleep until i felt someone moving near me. I opened my eyes to look into Damiens' deep blue ones. The ones that mesmerize me with just one glance. He was crouched down beside me

"What are you doing here? Did you faint or something?" he asked seeing me on the grass. He had a slightly concerned look on his face but it quickly dissapeared as i shook my head. He stood up straight

"No, i was just listening to music" i said getting up. "Is the meeting over?" i asked seeing as he still watched me

"Yeah" he turned away and headed for the house "We have to go. Harold already left. Come on"

"Where did he go?" i asked going after him

"He didn't tell but it's not home. You have to come with me" he said. I saw him glancing at me a few times from the corner of his eyes.

"Okay" i said cheerfully smiling. He stopped dead in his tracks then continued with a small smile creeping in the corner of his lips, tho it could be a smirk
As i got in the house i said my goodbyes to everyone then went out and got in the car. Damien was already inside waiting, with the engine started.

"Come on" he hurried. As i got in the car he stepped on the gas. After a few minutes my teeth started to chatter.

"You're cold?" he asked

"Yeah." i said hugging myself. It was probably way part midnight and i only had that little dress on. He reached in the backseat to grab something, but he still drove as well as a pro racer.

"Here" he said throwing his coat at me "get this on" Then he pushed some buttons and the heating started too

"Thanks i muttered getting it on nuzzling into it. It had a good smell. It was Damien's scent. 'He smells good' I blushed at my thoughts then just closed my eyes as he started the radio. I smiled to myself as the song i listened to was the one that was playing

"What?" Damien asked looking at me

"Nothing" i smiled even more, then slowly sang the lyrics

"I said I thank you, I'll always thank you More than you could know, than I could ever show And I love you, I'll always love you There's nothing I won't do, to say these words to you That you're beautiful forever"

"You know the song?" he said looking at me with a small smile on his face

"Yeah" i said blushing then shutting up. 'Crap, i forgot vampires have really good hearing' i taught blushing.

"You like to sing" this wasn't a question, but a statement, so i didn't respond but simply leaned back and closed my eyes listening to it. By the time it ended i was already asleep. I woke up when i didn't hear the engine roaring. We just stopped in the garage and as i looked up i saw Damien looking at me.

"I just wanted to wake you up. We're here"

"Yeah. I noticed" i said rubbing my eyes then getting out the door. "Thanks for this" i said as i got off his coat and handing it for him after he got out of the car

"And thanks for bringing me home" i said. He had a slightly shocked look on his face

"Should i just left you there?" he asked with raised eyebrows

"No... but you could have" i smiled. I got up and went in the house leaving him behind. i was really tired. when i got to my room he was already next to me. I went in and heard him say "With pleasure" silently. I smiled to myself, but when i closed the door he wasn't in sight anymore.

It was a long day and night and i was happy to be in my room, and my really soft and comfortable bed. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillows.