Status: Hiatus, for a while.

Shining Through the Shadow of a Star

Kevin's POV

I was walking down the crowded streets of Los Angeles; I wanted to be alone and I know what you’re all thinking. Some of you might say ‘if you want some alone time, why are you walking in a place full of people?' Others would say ‘why would you, the bubbly and cheerful Kevin Jonas who never worried about anything or got mad, want to be alone?'

See, I want to be alone because I’m trying to figure out what’s wrong with me. The thing that’s really making me in a state of bewilderment being why my wife, Danielle as you all know, would do such things to me when we were so happy together before. And what was I supposed to believe? Can you blame me for wanting to have a kid of my own?

Danielle was obviously not pregnant, and she doesn’t love me; she just wants me to be her slave, leaving nothing else for me. She had lied to me I don’t know how many times and she was going to lie to me again.

I sighed, trying to stop the tears from spilling, but no matter how much I squeezed my eyes shut, the flow wouldn’t stop. I felt them make their way down my cheeks and onto my neck, the lump that was blocking my throat and breath already forming.

As for why I chose a crowded place, it’s because people here are so busy and minding their own business that they wouldn’t notice that someone like me is walking alone. As long as it doesn’t hurt them, they wouldn’t really look up from their shops.

I don’t know when will I stop or where this walk is going to lead me but that doesn’t matter yet. I had been gone for three hours now but no one tried to contact me yet. It was now four in the afternoon.

I decided I'd pick up my pace a bit, and soon I noticed that I was running now. It felt as if I was running from my pain, my problems, and my life all together… I was lost by now.

"Watch where you're going," I was told. I looked in front of me to find a girl that seemed to be at least seventeen years old, on the floor, and had tears streaming down her face. I was on the floor too. We had bumped into each other, apparently, and knocked each other down. "I'm so sorry; I didn’t know you were crying." She told me.

"You are too." I replied. She hovered her hand under her eyes, wiping the liquid away.

"I didn’t know that." She chuckled.

"So would you like to tell me why you're crying?" She shook her head no. "Tell me your name maybe?"

"Lauren, but I don’t want to bother you with my problems; you've got enough." She said. "And please tell Claire that I say hi; she doesn’t seem to have time for us anymore." She started to turn her back on me but I placed my hand on her arm and made her face me again.

"Lauren, please don’t say that… Claire is a really good person but I just got in a fight with my wife, a huge one, and she got busy helping me. If it wasn’t for her, I would have never known what a lying person Danielle is."

"Her friend is dying in the hospital!" she screamed, fresh tears running down her pretty face.

"Oh, you know Mary?" She nodded. "Is that what you're worried about? She's going to be okay; she's not in a bad status anymore."

"It's not that…" She cleared her throat. "I know she's okay. I was the one to tell Claire."

"Oh… Come on," I took her hand in mine. "I'm taking you with me and then we will go and visit Mary. I'm dying to meet her and so is Joe. And Nick misses Jordan. He told me that a certain Lauren knows now."

"Yeah, they look so cute together. You should see how much she loves him."

"You should see how much he loves her." I said emphasizing the 'he' and the 'her'.

"I wish I could find that one day…" We both said at the same time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second one for tonight!
I know it's short but you got two updates instead of one so stop looking at me with puppy eyes!

predictions?