Tainted innocence

chapter two

A year in the future( learning the truth) -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was sitting at the well washing cloths when Kay came out of the palace sobbing. She saw me and tried to run the other way, but I had already called out to hr. No escape, now. "What happened?" I asked worriedly as as she trudged over to the well. As she got closer I could see what was wrong. She was covered in bruises and her lip had broken open and blood was coming out. "they hit me. They are going after all the girls today because of the full moon." Kay sobbed coming over to me and putting her head on my shoulder. I turned to face her and held her tightly.

"Who? Who is going after everyone?" I asked trying to sooth her. I would tell Hunter once I found out. I'm sure he will help punish these people."It was the princes. It is a full moon and their instincts are coming out." she sobbed and then we heard yelling making her crying into me. "They wouldn't do that." I told her a smile in my voice. She only looked at me and shook her head."That's why Hunter wanted you to do all your chores out of the palace. He doesn't want you to see that he is a monster." she spat the word monster.

I got up and shook my head. "I'll go check this out. Can you work on the laundry while I'm gone?" I said lightly and walked off before she could stop me. I jogged over to the palace where the screams were deafening. What is going on in there? I walked a little slower into the screams.

I followed the noise up the stairs and had to melt into the wall when a bunch of slaves ran past me down the hall away from the roars and screams. What is with this? I walked farther into the noise and almost got lost as I went in circles and zig-zags. Finally I made it to the the beginning of the noise. My mouth dropped at the sight.

A girl was pinned against a wall and Hunter was... banging into her. She cried out an I recognized her voice. It was that girl... what was her name? Belle! I couldn't help it and though I knew I should stay quiet and run I made a gasping sound. Hunter swung around taring out of her roughly and turned to face me. His eyes got wide and his mouth dropped. A lot of expressions crossed his face : concern, regret, confusion, and anger. "Shayla!" he cried out and I froze in place. "I didn't, I-I.." he started, but I didn't hear the rest I started to run. I could hear him calling after me, but I didn't stop.
~

My legs are starting to get tried and I have no clue where i am. Great, this is great. I can not remember how I got away from the palace, but it seems I did. Go me!I look around myself trying to figure out where to go from here. I look up to find it's night, might as well get some sleep.

I look around and decide to sleep in a tree. as I snuggle into the branch I realize that tonight will be very different. Because tonight no soft warm thing will fall upon my head. those days are gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to the band Ludo!