Tainted innocence

chapter 3

The here and now ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sasha ran ahead chasing a squirrel in order to make me laugh. I smile, but didn't give a full laugh. I was still troubled by the other night. A gypsy woman had for told a great trial would soon be here and a old flame from the past will rekindle. I have to admit the thought of that is really chilling. There is only one spark that could relight and that would involve a rapist prince. Yeah, I really want to see him again. Not only is he a rapist, but someone who has me most likely on the top of his hit list for running away. Yeah, that would be a joyful occasion.

"Sasha, come here boy!" I yelled to my big bad wolf. Yes, my wolf's name is Sasha, but some Russian boys are named Sasha ,so you can't talk. Sasha dashed over to me little breaths of smoke coming out of his mouth. Yep, I have a fir-breathing gray wolf for a pet. Got a problem with it?

Sasha and I walked out the dark woods and into the light. It feels like forever since i felt that sweet warmth on my now almost ghost white skin. I tend to have to stay in the woods because you would be surprised by how many Luna guards are still looking for me. The sings are everywhere. I must say those are very good pictures of me. a very good likeness."Sasha, be careful and be on guard." I warned as we came to a market place. This is probably the worst place for me, because of all the signs. I threw up the hood to my cloak, a gift from a nomad family i had stayed with for a week, as we got closer to the outskirts. Better safe than sorry. I'm really thankful for this cloak because snow is all over the place. I have to admit that this fact is not surprising considering it's Christmas eve and the royal family always like snow on the ground around Christmas. They manage this by the weather wizards they have working for them.

The market place was busy with last minuet gift getting and chores being done. "Oh my! Is that dog yours? It is rare to see one of the fire-breathing kind out of the woods!" a voice exclaimed behind me. I turned around slowly to see a girl petting Sasha. "Yes, he is my big bad wolf. Aren't you boy?" I said with pride and Sasha barked in answer to my question. "How old is he?" she asked now looking at me with excited eyes. Eyes that looked familiar.... but it couldn't be... I shook my head and got back to the present. "Oh, he just turned one. I raised him since he was only a pup." I said trying to get back to my calm and proud self. "Wow, you are very brave to raise a wolf pup. What is your name?" she asked clear admiration in her voice. I have a weird feeling about this little question. "Why don't you tell me your name first?" I asked coolly as I petted Sasha.

The girl looked a little shocked, but nodded."My name is Belle and over there is my friend Kay! Hey, were looking for someone named Shayla. Have you seen her?" Oh, shit. "Uh, I think I met someone by that name, but she was heading west." I lied quickly and stupidly. I should have said never seen or heard of her. I'm such an idiot. "Kay! I got a lead" Belle yelled and my eyes got wide. As soon as she yelled it Kay came running over to us. Once she saw me she stopped dead. "This girl said she saw Shayla! She is going west. We have to tell Hunter immediately." she squealed and Kay still stared at me. "Belle, that IS Shayla." Kay said snapping out of her trance. Belle snapped out of her squatting postilion and opened her mouth to scream for the guards or the princes or someone like that. I lunged at her, but it was Kay who blew my cover.

"Shayla!" she yelled and everyone seemed to stop. I looked around to see i was surrounded. Only one thing to do now. "Sasha, Fire!" I screamed and my cute little pup drew back onto it's hind legs and growled a warning.No warning. NOW!" I yelled and Sasha did it. She let gushes of fire, making everyone fall away from me. "Run!" I called to him and he ran turning around very now and then turning around to breath fire.

We ran quickly down ally after ally trying to get these people off our trail. as soon as I was about to turn to a new ally I banged into someone. "Shayla... finally." a voice said. Prince Eric. I struggled with all my might making Eric hold tighter. "You have gotten stronger, since the last time I saw you." he chuckled. "Sasha!" I cried and only got a whimper in response. "Don't hurt him!" I yelled and thrashed some more. "Don't worry we wont hurt the dog. In fact you can even keep him! This will be the gift you receive on Christmas eve, of course you'll get more gifts tomorrow. Which is quit funny because your going to be a gift." he said starting to drag me to a carriage i could see far ahead. "No! Let me go you, monster." I yelled and kept struggling. "Monster." he scoffed. "I remember when you treated me like one of the best people in the world. And now I'm a monster." he said in a mocking tone. "you and your brother are monsters." I hissed and finally he sighed. I can tell he is getting tired of all my insults. "Let me help make this go easier." he said and covered my eyes with his hand. Suddenly I fell into the darkness of sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe and comment!