Status: Completed! :D

Baby I'm Amazed by You

Dinner and a Ring

Nick’s POV
It’s been about a month or two since we got back from the trip to Australia. Mine and Rachel’s relationship has just been getting stronger and stronger. It is going great; I love her so much, with everything I am. I have no idea where I would be without her. I was currently at the mall, looking for something to get her for our six month anniversary that was coming up in a few days. I was thinking about getting her something real nice, some jewelry possibly. A ring that is, if I can afford it. I was sure I’ll be able to, I mean, I am Nick Jonas after all. I know it sounds crazy, that I’m thinking about getting her a ring, not just any ring; an engagement ring.

I know we haven’t been together that long, but I can’t help but feel this way about her. I love her with everything I am, and I have no idea what I would be without her. She is everything to me. I was going to get her a ring and ask her the big question if she would marry me. I know we’re young, both 18 and crazy about each other and I think it’s the right thing to do even though some won’t think it is. I love her enough to wait to marry her; I would wait forever for her.

I slowly made my way into Kay Jeweler’s to look for a ring. I wanted it to be perfect. I went over and looked at the rings at the counter. “Hi, is there anything I can help you with?” the girl asked me, standing behind the counter.

“I’m looking for an engagement ring for my girlfriend, something real pretty that I think she’ll love,” I told the girl who was looking at me, a small smile on her face.

After looking around for a bit, I found the perfect one; it was a 10 karat white gold diamond engagement ring. It has a big stone in the middle and smaller ones on the sides. I knew it was the one for her. “This one,” I pointed to it through the glass counter. The sales associate, Kendall walked over and looked at me, smiling lightly. I smiled politely back at her.

“This one is beautiful,” she said as she began to unlock the cabinet and pull it out so I could get a closer look at it.

“This is a very beautiful ring for a real good price,” she said, smiling as she carefully placed the ring in the palm of my hand. I picked it up by the bottom of the band, holding on to it carefully as I could. It was so pretty, I really liked it.

“How much?” I asked, looking up at the girl taking my eyes off the diamond ring I held.

“$349.99 plus tax, so it will be $378.86,” she said.

My eyes got wide. For this pretty of a ring I was expecting something much more than this; that was a damn good price for a ring like this. Since I had the money, I paid for it and the sales associate put it into a ring box for me. After I finished up, I thanked her before grabbing the bag with the gorgeous ring I was going to give Rachel. I left the store and started to head home.

Once I got home, I shut off the engine and got out, holding on to the keys along with the bag with the expensive ring I just got for Rachel. I was hoping she was at home and wouldn’t suspect anything. As I walked through the front door, I shut the door and locked it behind me. I walked into the living room to find Joe sitting on the couch with Bridget in his arms.

“Oh, hey Nick!” Bridget said, looking over at us.

“Hey,” I said, smiling at her.

“What’s in the bag?” She smiled over at me.

“Something for Rachel,” I smiled at the thought of her.

“Want to see it?” I asked, looking over at my brother and his girlfriend.

“Sure!” they both said in unison. I pulled the small ring box out of the bag and opened it up so I could show them the ring. Bridget’s mouth dropped.

“Oh my God, Nick! That’s beautiful!!” Bridget exclaimed.

“Thanks, I know she will love it!” I said.

“It’s so shiny, I hope it goes well, dude,” he said, looking at me.

I nodded and replied back with a “Me too,” before I headed toward the stairs to go up to my room.

I pulled out my phone and texted Rachel. Hello beautiful. I want to take you out Saturday night for our anniversary. Love you babe. What do you say? Date night on Saturday? :)

She replies back a few minutes later. I unlock my phone and began to read her reply. Of course babe! I’d love to, I can’t wait! I love you too. I smiled as I began to reply back to her.

I told her to wear something really nice since I was taking her somewhere special, she just doesn’t know where yet or what she’s getting. I knew she was going to love it.

-----

Today was mine and Rachel’s anniversary and I am going to take her out to a really nice dinner and then pop the question. I kept going over it in my mind how I was going to ask her the big question.

I still had a few more hours until I was going to pick her up to take her out to dinner. I decided to start getting ready now so I had a little extra time before leaving to pick her up.

I picked out a white button-up shirt and a nice looking pair of jeans to go with them. After I put on my outfit, I looked at the clock, it was five to seven. I was going to pick her up at 7:15 and then head over to the restaurant to be there for our reservation at 7:30. I had plenty of time, I grabbed the ring box and made sure it was securely in there before stuffing it in the pocket of my pants. I decided to watch a little TV before I headed out to go pick her up. I texted her letting her know that I was on my way.

I parked in the front of her house and got out before making my way up to her door. Standing there, I waited a few minutes after ringing the doorbell. The door opened a few short minutes later. Rachel stood there in a light pink strapless dress with black sequins around the middle along with a pretty black necklace around her neck. It looked real good on her with her beautiful glowing skin. A smile crept up on her lips.

“Hi baby,” I smiled at her and pulled her close. I could feel her smile against my clothed chest. It made a smile creep up on my face. I tightened my arms around her small waist. I never wanted to let her go.

After hugging for a few minutes, we pull away. I smile down at her as I reply, “You ready to go baby?” I asked, grabbing her hand, my fingers intertwined with hers tightly. She nodded and put her other arm around my torso as I led her over to my car.

After I opened the door for her, I helped her in and shut the door before going over and getting in on the driver’s side. I started up the car and began to drive out of our neighborhood, heading toward the place I was taking her for dinner. We got there a few minutes later. I pulled into the parking lot of Genghis Grill & Bar the place I was taking her. After parking the car, I pulled the keys from the ignition and got out, walking over to the passenger’s side to help Rachel out.

“Thank you baby,” she smiles and pecks my lips as I take her hand, helping her out of the car. I lace my fingers with hers as we walk up to the front door of the restaurant.

“Come on baby, let’s go check if our table’s ready,” I said, tightening my grip on her waist as we walked inside. I walked up to the podium where a tall dark-haired guy stood.

“Hi, welcome to Genghis Grill & Bar, how many?” he asked, smiling.

“Two, I already made a reservation,” I said, simply.

“Name?” he questioned.

“Jonas,” I said, smiling a bit.

“If you would come with me,” he trailed off.

I turned and grabbed Rachel’s hand as we followed the guy back to our table. He set the menu’s down on a table in the back. I was glad I was out of the public eye for now, at least. I sighed in relief as I went and pulled Rachel’s chair out for her so she could sit down. I pushed her chair in a bit and then went and sat down myself.

“Thank you baby, this is so nice. How did you manage this?” she looked at me, smiling.

“I have my ways…” I smiled at her and reached out, taking her hand in mine.

We talked a little while we waited for the waiter to come and order our drinks. A few minutes later, a young girl walked up, who looked about sixteen or seventeen.

“Hi, I’m Ashley, and I’ll be your waitress for tonight,” she smiled brightly as she walked up to our table, a notepad in hand, ready to take our order.

“What can I get you to drink?” She asked, looking at each of us, a soft smile on her face.

“I’ll take water, with lemon, please,” Rachel said politely to the girl.

“And for you?” the girl asks, looking over at me.

“Diet coke, please,” I said, smiling a small smile.

“I’ll be right back with your drinks and to take your order,” she said and walked off.

“Babe,” Rachel looks over at me, a stern look on her face.

“Yeah?” I question, looking at her, smiling a bit.

“Hold off on the soda, please, babe, I don’t want you to overdo it with too much sugar and managing your blood sugar, please?” she questioned, smiling at me.

I sighed and replied, “Ok baby.”

We talked a little bit before the girl came back with our drinks and asked if we were ready to order. We shook our heads and said we were still trying to decide. I decided, after dinner, I was going to take her down to the park and we lie on a blanket watching the stars and then I will pop the question. I was happy but nervous too and it hasn’t even happened yet.

A few minutes later, she came back and took our orders. I ordered a medium rare steak with mashed potatoes and green beans. Yum! They had the best steaks here. Rachel got a chicken Caesar salad with green beans on the side. We talked and laughed together as we ate. After we finished, I paid and told her I was going to take her somewhere else.

“Where are we going?” she asked looking over at me as we got into the car.

“You’ll see baby,” I said back, smirking at her. She pouted since I didn’t tell her right away where I was taking her.

“Hmph, fine,” she grumbled, crossing her arms across her chest, pouting. That made me smile.

“I’m taking you to the park to watch the stars,” I said as I continued to drive, keeping my eyes on the road in front of me.

We arrived at the park a few minutes later. I parked the car and got out before helping her out. I grabbed her hand after I grabbed a blanket I had in the back of my car for us to lay on. It was almost dark, so the stars were starting to come out. Perfect timing! I thought to myself as I led Rachel over to a secluded place on the grass to set the towel down.

She helped me lay it out and then I sat down, pulling her down with me. “This is so beautiful,” she whispered as she rested her head on my shoulder after I pulled her closer.

“It’s not as beautiful as you,” I whispered back in her ear, pulling her tighter against me. I didn’t want to let her go. We held each other tight as we looked up at the stars.

“I love you,” I whispered to her and kissed her bare shoulder lightly.

“I love you too,” she replies back. I smile against the skin of her bare shoulder and tighten my arms around her small waist.

For the next few minutes, we watched the stars holding each other close. There was silence between us for the next few minutes.

I sat up a bit and loosened my arms on her waist and moved over so I was beside her. “Baby?” I looked over at her, smiling.

“Yeah?” she smiled, looking at me.

“There’s something I need to ask you…” I trailed off and reached in my pocket for the ring box. As I pulled it out, I heard a shriek come from her lips.

“Rachel Marie Smith…I love you, so much and I never want to be without you. You are everything to me and I would be nothing without you. I want to spend every second with you and only you. I am yours only forever and always. You are everything I’ve ever wanted and I know you’re the one. Will you do the honor of marrying me and being my wife?” I asked, soft tears in my eyes as I opened the ring box revealing the beautiful ring.

She screamed and put her hand over her mouth in shock. Tears were falling down her cheeks.

“What do you say baby?” I asked, smiling at her. She smiled and nodded, soft tears coming down her cheeks.

“Y-yes, Nick! I would love to marry you!” she squealed and jumped into my arms, pushing me down to the ground, falling on top of me in the process. I smiled and kissed her deeply moving my arms around her pulling her closer to me.

“Here baby,” I said as we both sat up and took the ring out of the box, ready to put it on her hand. I smiled as I slid the engagement ring on her finger. This was most definitely the best night of my life with the greatest girl I’ve ever known. She was all mine forever and always. I couldn’t be happier; I have all I’ve ever wanted and more. She was my everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, there's the next chapter!
Sorry it's so long...I hope you all like it :D
Don't be a silent reader..I love getting comments and hearing what you all have to say (:
Please comment and let me know what you think! (:
Comment for more, don't be a silent reader! :D