Status: Finished

I'm a Spoiled Girl, He's a Bad Boy... Interesting...

The End

Image
Image
Image

3rd Person POV

Everything in the Johnson household was quiet, as it had been for the last week. Nobody had said anything unnecessary, as if they were all talking by just looking.

The police had her body for a couple of days. They said something about taking photos for evidence but, nobody was listening at the times. For the last couple of days they’d been waiting for an autopsy to take place, to register the exact injury causing her death.

Caroline Johnson, Mark Johnson, Lila Johnson and Dean Parson all sat, in silence, in the huge front room. Everyone’s face was empty, except Dean’s. Who tried to smile every once in a while but, he just couldn’t. It felt fake, a lie, because it was fake. Inside, it was killing him. He cried himself to sleep after, finally, deleting Bridget’s number from his phone. He was sleeping until noon, then going to the Johnson’s.

Lila and he talked sometimes, they were getting closer and Dean tried to help her the most because her constant depression and crying was bad for her baby.

A knock on the front door made everyone jump, and come back to the real world. No one had come to visit the Johnsons. Dean looked around the room, no one daring to move. So, he got up and opened the door.

“I’ve come to discuss funeral plans,” Dean flinched at the word ‘funeral’. A small, grey man stood in front of the Johnson residence. All dressed up in the usual priest wear. People brave enough to bother the mourning family wore a smile coated with pity and from that mouth came the words, ‘we’re sorry for your loss, we can’t imagine your pain’. And, they couldn’t, and everyone knew it. However, this man looked truly sad, like he too was losing somebody close to his heart.

“You knew her,” Dean concluded, his words a statement, rather than a question.

“Yes, Bridget used to come to the Church often, praying for her grandparents. I’ve known her, and her family, for quite a while now,” Dean nodded and stepped aside. The family’s priest smiled softly and went through to the family room. He had been here before, but on happier occasions.

“Ah, John. We’re happy you agreed to do the... ceremony for us,” Mark scrambled to find a word to replace the inevitable; funeral.

“I couldn’t say no, I’ve known you too long to let you down now,” Mark smiled and motioned for John, the priest, to sit down.

***
Dean looked at the sleek, black ebony coffin lying in the hole in the ground. He held back the sob that was growing in his throat and walked away with the rest of the crowd. In his thoughts memories of his time with Bridget flooded his mind; when they first met, after he saved her; when they kissed in the pool, after she broke up with her boyfriend.

Lila couldn’t look at the coffin, instead she kissed a rose and placed it at the headstone. Tears stained her cheeks and more was coating them. She watched as Dean walked away. The small baby in her stomach kicked and she smiled, cradling her stomach. She followed Dean and linked arms with him. “She’s safe,” she whispered as they walked. Dean looked at her with glossy eyes and nodded, smiling.

“Come on dear,” Mark whispered to his wife. “She’s in a better place, with her grandparents.” Caroline smiled and hugged her husband.

“We’ll always love you,” she said, her voice being carried away with the wind. She smiled as the wind spoke to her, I love you too.

They walked away after wiping away their tears and pouring rose petals on top of the coffin, where their daughter lay.

Parker had attended the funeral of his dead ex-girlfriend as well, along with Lily. He had noticed her when she comforted him about Bridget and his sister when no one else had dared. They found out they had more in common then they knew of.

Lily had been quite distraught when the news of Bridget had reached her; when Lily had been mean to her, Bridget had seen past it and tried to help her. And in the end, no matter had gruesome it had been, Bridget had brought her and Parker together. She was also happy that Bridget and her had left things on good terms. Now, she was getting back together with James, the baby’s father, and they were happy.

Simon had conquered his fear and told Parker about him and Taylor. It had been only happened once apparently. Parker hadn’t spoken to him for a couple of days and then decided that Bridget was an example of the fact that life’s too short.

Taylor was arrested and was sentenced to 25 years in prison, seeing as she was old enough. Everyone hoped she’d never get out, even Parker was disgusted with his sibling.

***
“You have a lovely baby girl,” A young female nurse smiled at Lila and handed her a baby bundled in pink blankets. Lila smiled and looked down in awe at the small child in her hands.

“We should name her Bridget,” James smiled from beside Lila and wiped the sweaty hair from off of her forehead.

“I love it,” Lila said, tears streaming down her cheeks. But, for once, when everyone was crying it wasn’t because of sadness. It was tears of happiness. Lila was happy, her family, now including Dean and James, was surrounding her and she knew Bridget was looking down on all of them.

Dean had been helping out the family now for ages and said he would continue to, he was going to be Little Bridget’s Godfather. He thought Uncle Dean had a ring to it. James was over the moon that things had worked out between him and Lila and that her family approved.

But, now all that matters was the small baby’s eyes that swept over the room and how everyone knew that the baby would be loved more than any other baby in the world.

[Author's Note - Okay, so i dont think this is the best story that i've written but, it is the first and i've loved writing it so, i hope you've enjoyed reading it :) ]
♠ ♠ ♠
Author's Note - Okay, so i dont think this is the best story that i've written but, it is the first and i've loved writing it so, i hope you've enjoyed reading it :)