Status: Finished.

Dreams Really Can Come True

Twelve. Farewell New Zealand

“Dude, wake up!”
Avril yelled as she pulled the covers off of Katie’s bed swiftly. Deja vu much? Groaning loadly, Katie lashed out slightly as she was shaken.
“DUDE! Fuck off!”
The blonde growled, covering her head with one of the many pillows that surrounded her.
“It’s 11am dude, you have an hour to get ready”
Avril exclaimed, grabbing a couple of bags from the hallway, literally tossing them on Katie’s bed.
“I got you some stuff considering you packed every god damn thing you own!”
She purred with a small, yet sadistic laugh – hoping Katie got the hint she was implying she was stupid. Along with an added roll of her eyes, she sat down on the edge of the bed, even though there as a possibility of being kicked off within seconds.
“Goddammit!”
Katie exclaimed angrily, shooting up into a sitting position, the pillow that was covering her head falling down to the floor.
“Ohh... Thanks”
She murmured with a small smile as she noticed the bags that were laying beside her. Huffing a gentle sigh as she ruffled her hair, she pulled one of them open, pulling out a rather low cut top.
“Slut much?”
The 19 year old joked with a playful laugh as she shoved it back into the bag.
“Okay.. I’mma have a shower, then get changed...”
Katie stated, raising her eyebrow as she slowly got out of her bed. Stretching for a while as a rather big yawn passed her lips. How could she be tired? It was almost midday!
“Emkaay dude...”
Avril smiled with an added nod, watching the WWE’s newest accolade with careful dark eyes as she walked out of the bedroom. Around ten minutes later, Katie returned, raising her eyebrow at Avril slightly, figuring she’d been daydreaming, she held onto her towel tightly before pouting in an unamused fashion.
“Dude! Out!”
Katie demanded playfully as she pointed her finger at the door. Snapping out of her dream world, Avril obliged and quickly scampered out of the room, shutting the door behind her lightly. With that, Katie trailed her fingers back through her damp hair, emptying the contents of the bags Avril had brought in earlier to find a full outfit. Shirt. Pants. Jacket. And high heel ‘stripper’ heels. Rolling her blue eyes slowly, she quickly got changed into her underwear and the outfit before wandering into the bathroom again.
“Yo! Av’s! Can I borrow ya dryer and shit!?”
She yelled as she began to carefully brush the knots out of her hair with a comb that she’d managed not to pack.
“Sure dude!”
Her flatmate yelled back, not even removing her attention from the TV, whatever was on must’ve been somewhat interesting because normally nothing at 11am was remotely interesting. With that, Katie dried and straightened her hair, flicking the ends up slightly. Rather happy with the style, she began to apply some make up – concealer, foundation, blusher, eye & lip liner, eye shadow, lipstick and some gloss, which surprisingly didn’t take that long at all. Taking a glance at herself in the bathroom mirror, she straightened out her clothing and lightly fluffed her hair.
“God... I’m gonna miss New Zealand...”
She mumbled quietly to herself, glancing down at her diamante-studded watch.
“Shit!”
The blonde whispered as the minute hand got even closer to midday, but her focus on the time was suddenly broken as there was a rather loud knock at the door.
“I got it!”
Avril yelled, jumping up from her relatively comfortable position on the couch to answer the door.
“Oh, Hey... She’d just getting ready, she’ll be out in a minute”
Avril stated with a small, bubbly smile, which as weird considering she didn’t really want Katie to leave in the first place. Huffing a small sigh, she opened the door, pushing the doorstop underneath before wandering back to the couch as Liz, Nat and Stephanie walked inside. Hearing voices murmurings, Katie began to feel the butterflies rise up in her stomach. She was incredibly nervous. She had this nagging feeling that she would fail miserably and be on the first plane back to New Zealand faster than you could say “Aotearoa”.
“I’m ready!”
Katie yelled as she exited the bathroom, walking out into the lounge to find everyone just standing there and staring almost blankly at her. A somewhat, heavy sigh passed her lips as her eyes fell upon her many bags that were now by the door, a single tear rolling down her cheek as she felt an arm wrap around her shoulder.
“You’ll be fine dude...”
Avril exclaimed, a small smile gracing her features, now actually feeling happy for Katie. She was about to get the opportunity to live her dream, and no one could take that away from her. Lifting her hand to Katie’s face, Avril softly wiped away the tear.
“If I could, I would pack you up in a bag and take you with me”
Katie exclaimed with a small laugh, leaning her head gently against Avril’s. She was gonna miss her the most, her and Avril had been friends for as long as she could remember.
“Dude... I know...”
She replied with a small laugh, practically dragging the blonde towards the couch and forcing her to sit down.
“You all geared up Katie?”
Stephanie questioned with a faint smile as she began to rummage through her handbag in search of a small parcel she’d put in there on the way to the flat.
“Don’t tell me you left it at the hotel, Steph!”
Nat exclaimed with a small sarcastic laugh and a matching roll of her dark green eyes.
“Nope... I... Got it!”
She replied, pulling a small, black velvet-covered box and handing it to Katie with an innocent grin.
“Uh.. What is it!?”
Katie questioned cautiously, lifting the lid of the box, her hand instantly going to her mouth, covering it as her jaw dropped. No way...
“How’d you get the design!?”
She questioned again, looking down at a paua-encrusted greenstone necklace that hung from a silver chain that was eerily similar to the one she’d drawn in her notebook. Glancing up at Stephanie briefly, she was speechless, utterly speechless.
“That Jonah guy told me about it and I kinda found the notebook...”
The brunette stated with yet another innocent grin as she sat herself in the spot next to Katie as the others continued to stare with bright smiles on their faces. Scanning the necklace carefully, her fingers ran over the gem slowly, turning it around to find a bunch of words engraved to the back of it.
“Read it out! Read it out!”
Paul stated with a small chuckle as he forced his hands into the pockets of his leather jacket. Katie obliged with a small nod as her eyes read the words before she started to read t hem out.
“Life is full of dreams, Your imagination will always run wild. But to make those dreams a reality, you need to have heart and determination. When you have that, you can reach the top and be the best you can be”
Another tear fell from Katie’s eye as she finished reading it, this time Stephanie wiping it from her cheek. A small smile appeared on the 19 year olds face as she glanced around at everyone, taking a deep breath as she held back the tears that were continuing to threaten to fall.
“Thank you so, so much, this really means a lot!”
She stated, flipping the lid of the box back over the top as she picked up her handbag that was still beside the couch and carefully placed it inside.
“The flight is less than 3 hours away so we have around... 10 minutes before we have to head to the airport”
Liz murmured with a small, overly enthusiastic smile as her eye’s continued to scan Katie’s expressions, sighing quietly, the ‘Glamazon’ bowed her head as she sat on the empty spot next to her on the couch.
“Everything will be okay, you’ll be totally fine! We’ll protect you, won’t we?”
She stated in a somewhat soothing tone as she wrapped an arm tightly around the young girls shoulders. Katie was about to leave her whole life behind just to make a silly little dream come true, make it a reality, it was the right thing to do, right!?
“Of course we will!”
Nat purred, sitting down on the floor in front of the couch with her legs tucked underneath, her lips forming a soft pout as she leaned back on her hands, looking upwards slightly.
“Uh.. I gotta go to work”
Avril exclaimed, grabbing her bag with a small frown.
“Call me when ya get to the US, yeah?”
She stated as she walked out the front door. Raising her hand to her mouth, she covered it, waiting until she was a safe distance from the flat before she burst into tears. Avril’s exit didn’t really surprise Katie, she was never one to hang around when something life changing was about to happen.
“Do you think we could leave now?”
The blonde questioned in a mere whisper, politely pushing Liz’s arm off of her shoulder as she got to her feet, wandering towards her pile of bags as she slung her handbag over her shoulder. Extending her arms, she picked up her luggage, placing her arms through the straps holding 3 on each arm and lifted them off the floor with ease.
“Uhh... Sure..”
Vince replied, turning on his heels and wandering towards the door, holding it open for Katie walked outside, a small smile running across his lips. Huffing out slightly as she walked past the Chairman and in the general direction of the limo that was parked outside with the boot open. With a heavy sigh she dropped her bags down on the concrete, stretching her arms out in front of her a little before packing them neatly in the back of the car whilst the others locker up her house.
“She’s takin’ this pretty hard, huh..?”
Liz mumbles as she ran her fingers back through her wavy hair, watching Katie carefully.
“Well, she’s pretty much giving everything she has up just to come to America, its gonna be hard for her, she’s not even 20 yet”
Stephanie exclaimed huffing a belittled sigh as she rested her head on Paul’s shoulder, holding onto his hand tightly.
“Are we doing the right thing? Taking her back to America?”
She questioned, watching Katie load up her last bag into the boot of the limo.
“If she didn’t wanna go, she wouldn’tve signed the contract, would she!”
Paul stated with an assuring smile. With that, Katie slammed the boot shut, jumping up onto it while she waited, dangling her legs over the side, allowing the backs of her legs to hit the back of the car.
“When I grow up... I wanna be a star... I wanna be famous...”
She sang quietly to herself as she leaned back against the limo, her shirt lifting slightly which revealed a tattoo on the base of her stomach, a little inwards from her hips. Huffing a small sigh, she turned her head as she noticed them all walking towards the limo – finally.
“..You took long enough”
Katie exclaimed with a small laugh, her words practically dripping with sarcasm as she rested her hands over her stomach, praying to god that they hadn’t noticed the tattoo... but it was somewhat too late. Nat raised her eyebrow slightly as she wandered closer to the new Diva, lifting her hands off her stomach while her eyes scanned the words running across it. Biting down on her lip, she motioned for Liz to join the pair.
“What now?”
Liz exclaimed with a playful roll of her own blue eyes as she reluctantly made her way towards the back of the limo, raising her eyebrow as she noticed the tattoo.
“I will always rise from the ashes of defeat”
The ‘Glamazon’ murmured, reading the words permanently written on Katie’s stomach, raising her eyebrow again as she trailed her fingertips slowly over the words, about to speak before she ended up being cut off by Katie.
“I got it when I broke up with Aaron”
She stated, gently pushed Liz’s hand away as a small sigh passed her lips, sliding off the boot of the limo, taking a few hurried steps before jumping into the back of the limo, fluffing her hair as she waited.
“That was... weird”
Nat murmured with a small, worried frown as she placed her hand firmly on her hip.
“What was weird?”
Vince questioned as he, Paul and Stephanie followed Katie into the limo.
“Oh.. Nothing...”
The third generation diva replied with a small pout, resisting the urge to sigh as her and Liz got into the limo, finding an empty seat if there was one. All of a sudden they found their eyes fixed on Katie who seemed to be day dreaming.
“Yoo Whooo... Katie?”
Stephanie yelled slightly as she shook Katie softly, who instantly snapped out of her ‘dream’ as the limo lurched forwards, causing her to fall on the floor in a somewhat compromising positiong. And what did everyone do? Laugh.
“I’m no longer the queen of compromising positions... That has to top all mine”
Liz stated with a sly laugh, watching Katie carefully as she crawled back into her seat, crossing her arms roughly over her chest and huffing out in an unamused fashion.
”It’s not funny!”
The New Zealander complained, a small smirk appearing on her lips as she allowed herself to giggle. What a way to prove a point?
“Well... Liz, considering you managed to land in two in less than a minute, nothing will be able to top you”
Stephanie stated with an almost ‘innocent’ smile as she leaned her head on Paul’s shoulder softly.
“Get a life Steph”
Liz retorted playfully, scoffing lowly as someone’s phone blared loudly.
“Who the fuck has PCD as their ringtone?”
She exclaimed, crossing her arms slightly as everyone’s eyes fell on Katie – again, as she began to wrestle with her pocket to retrieve her phone.
”Don’t even ask...”
Katie purred with a small roll of her blue eyes as she finally pulled her phone out of her pocket, quickly answering the call.
“Hello... Yeah... What’s the fucker done now?... I care, why?... Well, he’s not my problem anymore.. I’m going to America, so tell him I couldn’t care less about what he thinks... Bye!”
With that, Katie growled lowly as she ended the call, shoving her phone back into her pocket roughly before pushing her fingertips back through her hair roughly.
“Do I dare ask what’s wrong!?”
Paul murmured hesitantly, raising his eyebrow in Katie’s direction as everyone continued to stare? Didn’t they have lives of their own?
“Apparently Dad needs money and he’s using my lame excuse of a cousin to try get mine...”
She stated, pushing certain thoughts from her mind with a small shake of her head before tying her hair back into a ponytail, closing her eyes as she rested her head back against the seat, taking a deep breath as the speed the limo was going increased – the motorway.
“We’ll be at the airport soon, the jet’ll be waiting”
Vince stated with a slight nod as he attempted to change the current subject, it working somewhat.
”Yay!?”
Katie exclaimed with a slight raise of her eyebrow as her eyes fell closed. How the hell was she tired?
“...Wake me up when we get there...”
She stated quietly as she turned on her side, falling asleep almost instantly. The limo was relatively quiet until they arrived at the airport. Vince groaned lowly as he got out of the car, everyone but Nat and Katie following. Someone had to wake her up.
“Katie! Wake up!”
Nat whispered slightly as she gently shook the New Zealander, biting down on her lip lightly.
“Ugh...”
Katie complained lightly as she rubbed her eyes as she slowly as she attempted to wake herself up, turning slightly so she was on her back, surprisingly still sitting up in her seat.
“We’re here...?”
She questioned slightly, extending her arms and legs as she stretched.
“No, we’re at the bottom of the world... Of course we’re here, if you’re talking about the airport..”
Nat replied with a slow, sarcastic roll of her dark green eyes, groaning lightly as she climbed out of the limo, Katie following closely behind, shielding her eyes from the light as she stumbled.
“Ahh... It burns!”
She exclaimed with a playful laugh, blinking her eyes a few times as she got them adjusted to the light, this time stumbling into the side of the limo before making her way to the back of the car, carefully opening it and taking out each bag. Dropping them onto the trolley Stephanie had ‘parked’ in the pavement next to the limo earlier. Huffing a small sigh, she carefully positioned each and every bag on the trolley before slamming the boot shut, grunting slightly as she jumped up to do it.
“They’ve been swimming in the wrong waters, now they’re pulling me down. But I am clinging to you, never letting go. Cuz I know that you’ll lift me out...”
The New Zealander sang quietly to herself as she pushed the trolley through the doors of the airport entrance, praying to go no one actually heard her sing. It was something she was overly insecure about, a little too much at times. But she didn’t realize that Stephanie was pretty much mirroring her steps behind her, but started to slink back after hearing her sing.
“Wow...”
Stephanie exclaimed in a quiet tone, finding herself somewhat wedged between Liz and Nat.
“What!?”
Nat questioned blankly, raising her eyebrow at the brunette, not really sure why she was grinning widely... This wasn’t weird?
“That girl can sing...”
She replied with a soft pout, linking her arms with Liz and Nat.
“Really!?”
Liz murmured, questioning Stephanie.
“Your ears could be hearing things again”
She teased with a small, playful poke of her tongue in the brunette’s direction.
“Yes! I’m sure!”
Stephanie exclaimed with a small shake of her head.
“Hey! Katie! Stop for a second”
Nat yelled, quickening her pace and pulling the other two women along with her as Paul and Vince followed closely behind.
“Yeah!?”
Katie murmured, turning around slowly on her heels, keeping her hands firmly on the bar of her trolley.
“Sing us sommin’!”
The third generation diva demanded playfully as a small pout formed on her glossy lips. Oh jeeze, they’d heard her, sighing defeatedly, she closed her eyes briefly as she thought of a song. Pushing her lips to the side, she kept going back to the same song.
“When I thought I knew you, thinkin’ that you were true, I guess I couldn’t trust called your bluff, time is up cuz I’ve had enough.
You were there by my side, always, down for the ride, but your joy ride just came down in flames, cuz your greed sold me out of shame, mhmm.
After all of the stealing and cheating you probably think I hold resentment for you, but uh, uh, oh no, you’re wrong, cuz if it wasn’t for you, all that you tried to do I wouldn’t know just how capable I am, to pull through so I wanna say thank you.
Cuz it makes me that much stronger, makes me work a little bit harder, it makes me that much wiser, so thanks for making me a fighter, made me learn a little bit faster, made my skin a little bit thicker, makes me that much smarter, so thanks for making me a fighter!”
Katie sang, the emotion was obvious in her voice, it pretty much insinuated that the song had some meaning to her. Everyone’s jaws dropped at how well she could actually sing – even Liz’s. Her voice was so clear, yet gravelly and husky at the same time. Her eyes opened slowly, taking a deep breath as she ran her fingertips back through her hair slowly, pulling out her hair tie. Did she really just d that? Sing to pretty much a bunch of strangers? There were only ever three people up until now who had heard her sing, obviously, they were Tony, Lynnie and Avril.
“I’m not that good..”
She murmured, a small frown forming on her lips as she sighed heavily, turning back around on her heels and began to push her trolley again.
“Katie... That was amazing..”
Nat exclaimed with a large grin, actually a little surprised at how a 19 year old had such a big voice.
“Hope I don’t sound like a bitch but, can we just get outta here before I turn into a blubbering mess?”
She murmured, pretty much ignoring Nat’s compliment, not even bothering to turn and face everyone again as a billion things ran through her mind at that very second.
“Well... The jet should be ready to go so, why not”
Vince muttered with a slight shake of his head as he lead them to a private area of the airport, opening it slowly, it revealed the tarmac, with a large private jet sitting not too far away, just waiting.
“Dang..”
Katie exclaimed, pulling her sunglasses out of her bag and pushing them over her eyes then back on to the top of her head as she continued to push her bags towards the plane. A small smile appearerd on her lips as she finally came to the realization that she was gonna live her dream, finding herself at the bottom of the stairs, she unloaded her bags, dropping them on the ground and handed the trolley to a guy who had been riding a small vechile with a whole heap of trolleys behind it. Everyone grabbed one of Katie’s bags and began to walk up the stairs into the plane, dropping them at the door as the door finally shut behind them. Oh... My... God...