Status: Finished.

Dreams Really Can Come True

Thirteen. Bye, Bye, Bye!

“Well that was fun”
Nat exclaimed with a small, playful laugh, running her fingers through the pink extensions in her hair, untangling the knots. Katie’s eyes narrowed slight at the diva, a small pout appearing on her lips at the same time.
“How exactly..?”
Katie questioned softly, her left eyebrow raising slightly.
“I was being sarcastic, honey”
The Canadian replied, a small roll of her eyes following her words. A small huff escaped the Kiwi’s lips as she allowed herself to fall back into the couch, groaning a little as she landed. Pretty much everyone else doing the same.
“If I fall asleep, you have permission to throw water on me to wake up”
Katie stated as she laid to the side, not realizing her head had rested itself in Liz’s lap until the diva began to stroke her hair. A small smile appeared on the 19 year olds lips as her eyes closed briefly, breathing out slightly, she let herself drift away into la la land – only to be awoken seconds later by a jolt as the plane began to move down the run way, causing her to fall off her seat and land on the floor with a slight thud.
“Mother Fucker”
The blonde exclaimed, laying there for a moment before slowly lifting her head while everyone’s eyes fixed on her, huffing out lightly, Katie pouted as everyone began to laugh.
“Not funny guys”
She stated, pushing her bottom lip out further as she began to climb back up on the seat next to Liz.
“At least you’re not like this one..”
Nat murmured with a slight poke of her tongue as she nudged the Glamazon’s side lightly. In reply, Liz narrowed her eyes at the Neidhart but couldn’t help but burst into a sudden fit og laugher which very quickly became uncontrollable, throwing her head back, she lightly scrunched up her nose.
“Dang... And people think I’m over the top!?”
Katie stated as she leant back in her seat next to a rather, childish ‘Beth Phoenix’, as the plane finally lifted itself up into the air. A small sigh passed her lips as she shut her eyes for a moment. This was possibly the last time she’d ever be in New Zealand, maybe for the rest of her life even. Continuing to sift through her thoughts, her phone went off again. Wow. It was able to ring in mid flight!? Slowly retrieving it from her pocket to find a text message from an unknown number, her eyebrow raised slightly as she opened and read it. Her blue eyes scanned the message carefully, whispering the words to herself as she went.
“I know I have a lot to explain, but I wish you all the best kid, hope you go far. Dad”
She just continued to stare blankly at the screen, bringing her hand to her mouth out of pure shock. This was totally out of the blue, now that she was leaving, her father actually gave a crap, typical. Shaking her head to herself, she cleared the screen, pushing her phone into her pocket.
“..Who was that?”
Liz questioned, wrapping an arm around her a little, embracing her in a half hug before letting go.
“No one important”
She replied, forcing a smile to appear on her lips as a woman in uniform came around to the group with a rather large trolley of food. Katie’s eyes widened at everything, there was so much... But none of her ‘usual’! Dammit!
“What!? No steak, chips and eggs?”
She questioned, slightly disappointed at the fact. It was her favourite meal after all, but oh well. A sigh passed her lips as she sunk down into her seat, raising her eyebrow at the smirk that had suddenly appeared on Vince’s lips, motioning for someone else to come over while everyone took some food from the trolley already there.
“This is the food you get to choose from..”
He stated, whipping off the sheet that was covering the trolley to reveal an array of seafood, steak, chips, roast vegetables, salads, pretty much everything that a Kiwi diet consisted of.
“Damn...”
Katie exclaimed, her eyes growing even wider, this time her jaw dropping as her eyes fixated on a large plate of seafood, leaning forward, she grabbed a hold of it, resting it in her lap as she began to knock back some oysters as it they were Vodka shots.
“That’s some good shit”
She purred, a small laugh passing her lips as she stacked all the shells neatly on the side of the plate.
“We have another surprise for you..”
Stephanie stated, ignoring Katie’s small outburst as she grabbed a coloured paper bag from beside her chair. The blonde rolled her eyes slightly before politely taking her ‘present’ from the Chairman’s daughter.
“Sheish, it’s like Christmas for me”
Katie giggled, carefully opening the bag to find clothes that closely resembled... ring gear? Pretty much dumping them on her lap, she found the cape type thing Tony and Lynnie had given her, along with a corset that bore a silver fern on the stomach and some majorly short shorts.
“..Dang.. I can imagine what Avril would say already?”
She exclaimed with a small snigger, carefully folding and repacking the outfit away.
“Now what’s that!?”
Nat questioned, raising her eyebrow at Katie as she crossed her arms.
“Slut much?”
The blonde stated with an added laugh, slowly getting up from her seat and wandering over to her other bags, placing it on top of one of them. Pausing for a moment, she pushed her hands deep into the back pockets of her jeans before walking back to her seat, pulling her hands out quickly before she sat back down, softly ruffling her hair.
“I can’t believe I’m doing this”
She exclaimed as a small smile crept onto her lips, slouching down in her seat, her feet hit the handbag she’d dropped there when she’d got on the plane. A small smirk replaced her smile as she lent forwards, grabbing the strap of her bag and pulling it into her lap as she began to rummage through it in search of something. Her beloved iPod Touch, but for some reason she didn’t actually know herself that was what she was looking for.
“What the fuck am I looking for...”
Katie mumbled, trailing her fingertip along her lower lips as she continued to look with her other hand, a large grin appearing on her lips as she pulled it out. Her iPod, along with its docking station. Quickly assembling it on the table, she began to scan through her music, her mind finally setting on a song. Pushing a couple more buttons, and adjusting the volume. A small smirk appearing on her lips as a mash up she’d made began to play.
“I dare you all to try guess all the songs mixed into this”
The newest diva exclaimed rather proudly as she lent back in her seat for what had to be the millionth time, her blue eyes scanning everyone’s faces as they listened carefully, laughing to herself as they began mumbling to one another.
“Got it!”
Nat yelled, raising her hands above her head in celebration, and she could’ve been wrong...
“Knock ya self out chick!”
The 19 year old purred with a small laugh, turning down the volume of the music so everyone could hear Nat, even though her voice was overly loud in the first place, crossing her arms, the blonde waited.
“There’s the... Hart Dynasty theme, Lisa’s theme, Steph’s theme, Liz’s theme, Cena’s theme, Mel’s theme and this one song... But I wouldn’t be able to tell you what it is if my life depended on it”
The third generation diva murmured, listing the songs, well, the music she was sure of but pouted at the fact she couldn’t think of the last one. Gah!
“No one’s gonna guess it, trust me!”
Katie sniggered, crossing her arms proudly as she pursed her lips out into a playful smirk.
“I know I heard the word lifeline...”
Liz murmured as she run her fingertips back through her blonde hair, tilting her head as she shrugged lamely.
“I’ll sing ya the original song...”
She exclaimed, rolling her eyes sarcastically as she cleared her throat and took a deep breath. Closing her eyes for a moment, she allowed her mind to run over the lyrics...
“I have this sinking feeling, something’s weighing me down, I am completely saturated. The waves are crashing closer, my feet already drowned, doing the thing I said I hated.
They’ve been swimming in the wrong waters, now they’re pulling me down. But I’ll be clinging to you, never letting go, cuz I know you’ll lift me out.
Have your way here, keep me afloat cuz I know I’ll sink without you. Take this ocean of pain that is mine, throw me a lifeline....”
With that, Katie fell silent, her blue eyes again scanning everyone’s faces. Why were their jaws dropped? She wondered quietly to herself, she knew there were so many better than her, yet almost everyone was acting as if she were the best in the world. Glancing to the side of her, the blonde rolled her eyes as she used the back of her hand to close Liz’s mouth.
“I’m not that good..”
She stated with a small shake of her head, wrapping her arms tightly around herself, for some reason beginning to feel a little uneasy. Maybe it was the fact she hadn’t been in a plane since she was 16.
“I beg to differ”
Paul stated, finally breaking his own silence as he lent over and patted Katie’s shoulder lightly. She’d completely forgotten he was sitting next to her. A small smile slowly began to appear on her lips at the compliment, her cheeks becoming a light pink colour.
“You really think I’m good?”
She questioned, running her fingertips back through her hair lightly, wondering where her hair tie had gone considering her fingers went right through this time. To be honest, she was slightly embarrassed, she hadn’t been complimented this much since.. never!
“No! We think you’re tone deaf...”
Nat muttered fakely with a small roll of her dark green eyes.
“Of course we think you’re good!”
She added, pursing her lips out into a small pout with a slight shake of her head, causing her blonde hair to ruffle lightly, huffing out at a small thought. What was with Katie’s resistance to compliments?
“We should all probably get some sleep... We have quite a long flight a head of us..”
Vince muttered, pretty much just randomly entering himself into the conversation. A small yawn escaped the chairman’s lips as he spoke which in turn set everyone else off. But when it was Katie’s turn to yawn, someone poked at her sides. Her blue eyes narrowed at the blonde sitting next to her, who had a seemingly ‘innocent’ grin fixed on her lips.
“Liz...”
Katie mumbled with a slight shake of her head, resting it on Liz’s shoulder as a small pout formed on her lips. Blinking a few times, the New Zealander finally allowed her eyes to fall closed, sighing lightly as she felt an arm wrap around her body tightly. It allowed her to relax when she realized it was Liz. Taking a few moments, she finally drifted off to sleep and after about thirty minutes everyone’s eyes had closed, presumably, them all asleep. And the entire flight, no one stirred, it was dead silent. Dang.. They must’ve been tired.