Status: Finished.

Dreams Really Can Come True

Fourteen. New Roots.

“Holy shit!”
Katie yelled as she felt a sudden jolt, instantly waking up from her what seemed to be only short sleep. Her eyes widened slightly as she scanned the area, blinking blankly before she buried her head into Liz’s shoulder.
“Ugh!! Already?!”
She questioned, lifting her head for the divas shoulder, burying it in the palms of her hands instead, running her fingertips down her cheeks. Leaning back in her seat, her eyes wandered to the windows, watching as other planes passed them on the tarmac. Dang... That was a short flight, well... She had been sleeping the entire time so that’s what it seemed.
“Did we sleep the entire time!?”
Nat questioned, stretching her arms as a big yawn passed her lips, huffing out heavily as she lent against the arm of her chair.
“It wouldn’t surprise me to be honest.”
Stephanie murmured, a yawn passing her own lips too.
“Damn you Nat!”
She exclaimed, grabbing the pillow that her head had been resting on, hurling it at the Neidhart, hitting her in the side of the face, which caused the entire group to burst into a small fit of hysterical laughter.
“Shut! It!”
Nat yelled, crossing her arms across her chest as a childish pout crept its way onto her lips. Huffing out, the blonde sat herself upright.
“NEVERR!”
Liz exclaimed, only just managing to speak through her laughter.
“So it’s true then... Blondes are crazy”
Vince muttered, no one had actually noticed he was awake until he spoke. Receiving glares from everyone except Stephanie. Damn Brunette...
“I’d be careful if I was you, we could kick your ass if we wanted”
Katie stated, playfully threatening the chairman as a somewhat evil laugh passed her lips, but she was only kidding – for now.
“I can see it now... Wrestlemania Main Event, Vince McMahon versus Krystal Kayne!”
She purred, going quiet for a moment before bursting into another small fit of laughter. Dammit!
“And people think I laugh too much!”
Stephanie stated with a small pout, herself beginning to resist the sudden urge to laugh, burying her head into Paul’s shoulder as a short outburst of giggles passed her lips.
“The thing is, you do though”
Paul and Vince replied in unison, resulting the pair exchanging glances with their eyebrows raised as the jet came to a sudden stop causing everyone to have to brace themselves so they wouldn’t fall onto the floor, yet a couple not doing it in time, them all laughing because of it.
“So where am I gonna be kickin’ it!?”
Katie questioned as her laughter began to fade to small giggled, pushing herself up off the floor, her seeming to be the only one doing it before she lent herself against a table, only to fall to the side of her, landing abruptly on Liz’s stomach.
“God.. Kill me why don’t you?”
The Glamazon groaned, shaking her head slightly at the New Zealander as she rested her hand just above Katie’s head.
“My pleasure...”
Katie purred in reply, her tone of voice slightly evil as she sat up a little, lightly jumping on Liz’s stomach which caused the older diva to laugh more than anything, placing her hands on the New Zealanders back to push her off, but it just wasn’t happening.
“This is not normal!”
Liz yelled as she pretended to struggle, a small, ‘innocent’ grin appearing on her lips as she lifted her leg up and gently wrapped it around Katie’s neck, textbook head scissors.
“Fuckk!”
The New Zealander murmured lowly, pushing against Liz’s legs to move them, but it wasn’t working at all. Struggling slightly before shifting her body around, locking Liz in a head scissors of her own. Awkward would be an understatement at that moment, and not that the pair could see it, but everyone’s jaws had dropped at the sight. Now this wasn’t exactly something you see every day, one of WWE’s most dominant divas tied up in a head scissors war with the newest accolade.
“Rawr!”
Katie yelled playfully as she released her grip on Liz’s head, lifting both of her legs up, and somewhat jumping to her feet with a small groan, righting herself as she flattened the creases in her clothing.
“Take that, biatch!”
The blonde exclaimed, poking her tongue out the side of her mouth as a small, playful giggle passed her lips.
“You wait Kiwi, you just wait”
Liz stated, the tone of her voice turning serious as her blue eyes narrowed at Katie, who went silent almost instantly. Dang.. The woman could be intimidating when she wanted to be. Allowing herself to fall back into the seat, she stayed quiet for the remainder of the journey in the plane, well, everyone did until it came to a complete stop.
“That’s us”
Vince stated, clearing his throat as he broke the awkward silence that had become of the area, his voice somewhat cheerful as he got to his feet, brushing the creased out of his jacket before making his way towards the front of the plane, and was soon followed by Stephanie and Paul, then a few moments later, Nat. With them leaving, only Liz and Katie remained, setting themselves in a slight staredown, neither of them wanting to move.
“..We should probably go”
Katie mumbled, finally breaking the stare as she glanced down at the ground, not even risking the chance of allowing herself to smile. This was scaring the life outta her.
“RAWR!”
Liz yelled playfully, lunging at Katie with open arms as she embraced her in a welcoming hug. Out of instinct, Katie squeaked loudly, she could blame Avril for that habit.
“Damn you Phoenix!”
Katie exclaimed with a somewhat unimpressed pout forming on her lips as she huffed out, reluctantly returning the hug from the Glamazon, her blue eyes rolling playfully as she felt herself being pushed roughly towards the front of the plane.
“Can’t wait till we get onscreen”
Liz exclaimed, her eyes narrowing in a playful fashion as she released her grip on the New Zealander, instead, having a single arm wrapped around her shoulders, kinda pushing her down the stairs with a small smirk crawling onto her lips at the site of another limo.
“Shit! My bags!”
Katie yelled, ducking back under Liz’s arm, bounding up the steps and into the plane to where her bags were. Emphasis on the were.
“What the faa...”
She murmured lowly under her breath, her eyebrow rose slightly. Her bags, they were... gone. She could’ve sworn that she’d seen them just a few seconds ago. Turning back around, Katie ran to the aeroplane door, jumping on the rail of the steps and sliding down skilfully, stumbling slightly as she reached the bottom and her feet hit the ground – only just managing not to fall flat on her face. Composing herself quickly, she ran her fingers back through her hair slowly as she bit down on her lip. Her bags had to be there somewhere, she hadn’t touched them since she packed them on the plane in the first place. Pushing her lips to the side softly at the sound of groaning, it could’ve been only one thing. She sighed with relief, as she caught sight of some guy loading them into the back of a limo while everyone else was laughing. Damn them.
“I’mma get y’all for that”
Katie threatened playfully as she narrowed her eyes in on the small group of WWE Staff, pursing her lips out into a small, devilish pout whist she made her way over to the limo, the hem of her jeans scuffing along the ground. Ahh well.
“You’ll never top that, we owned you’re as.. in a way”
Paul exclaimed, triumphantly crossing his arms over her chest as a low chuckle passed his lips.
“This coming from a man who got his ass beat and served to him on a silver platter my a girl in an arm wrestle”
The blonde shot back quickly, standing herself in front of Paul having to stare up at him slightly as a proud smirk crawled onto her lips. God, this was fun.
“Shut it!”
He muttered back, a small frown forming on his lips as he shook his head at the newest ‘diva’.
“Now, now children! There’s no need for fighting”
Vince murmured in a ‘tsk tsk’ tone of voice, a rather obvious snigger passing his lips as he opened the door to the limo before he lent up against the side of it.
“We can fight if we wanna”
Katie purred, an innocent grin appearing on her lips as she gently nudged at Paul’s rib cage, this his jaw lightly with her fist. It had seemed like a good idea at the time until she found herself literally seconds later slung over someone’s shoulder – and it wasn’t Paul’s. Placing her hands firmly on the person’s hips to stop herself from sliding off, she gathered it was one of the girls – no guy could ever have so much ‘junk’. Allowing a low growl to pass her lips, she scowled.
“What! The! Fuck!”
She snarled, tempted to hit them in the tail bone, or kidney, but deciding against it because they could drop her – would not be fun.
“I told ya I’d get you”
Liz exclaimed, a low snigger passing her lips as she lifted Katie upwards to readjust the position she was in on her shoulder.
“I repeat... Damn you Phoenix”
Katie scowled lowly, after a few moments of relatively awkward silence, the New Zealander suddenly burst into a small fit of childish laughter. Oh great...
“You laugh way too much”
Stephanie exclaimed with a seemingly serious tone, until she burst into a fit of laughter herself. Whatta way to prove a point, huh? A small smirk began to play on Mulane’s lips as she managed to push herself upright within Liz’s grasp, only just able to balance herself with her hands resting on her shoulders.
“Fuckk..”
Liz mumbled under her breath, instantly letting go of the now awkward hold she had on Katie, shaking her head out of slight disappointment.
“Well... You tried”
Katie exclaimed with an ‘innocent’ grin, tilting her head to the side as she slowly began to back away, she didn’t really wanna risk anything, not now anyways. Huffing out slightly she turned swiftly on her heels, only to find herself running into a bunch of flight staff.
“Sorry...”
She murmured softly, stepping to the side and walking around the group as she grabbed at her sides only to end up turning back, only then realizing that she’d gone in the wrong direction. Exhaling deeply, the blonde semi-jogged over to the limo, opening the door and disappearing inside, pretty much slamming the door behind her as she slid into the furthest corner of the limo pulling her knees to her chest, the back of the limo lowering with the backing of her bags. Resting her chin on the top of her knee’s, she snapped her eyes shut as tightly as she could, feeling the tears beginning to gather. Pressing her lips together in an attempt to hinder her cries, the 19 year old sat there in complete silence. It had finally hit her, she wasn’t in New Zealand anymore, her dreams, her fantasies, they were all coming true. Holy shit.
“I can’t believe I’m really here”
She murmured quietly to herself as she heard the muffled voices of her now, ‘work mates’. Sighing heavily she began to feel tears trickle down her cheeks, sniffling lowly.
“You okay in there?”
Katie heard Vince call as his fist came down on the roof of the car, causing her to jump slightly, her response a shake of her head.
“Define okay?”
She yelled back, her voice shaking heavily. She was gonna have to learn how to hide that. In all honesty, she was sick and tired of the tears, of the crying. It was all officially at the top of her ‘To Kill’ list. Burying her head into her knees, she didn’t even bother to lift her head at the sound of the car door opening, it dipping to the side slightly as someone got in.
“Katie...?”
A rather gruff voice questioned – it definitely wasn’t Vince’s. Not even bothering to look, Katie just sat there, the tears pouring down her face, the only sound she really made was sniffling, and breathing.
“What!?”
She snapped sharply, her jaw clenching tightly to hinder the shakiness of her voice.
“Are you okay?”
Paul questioned, sitting himself down next to the 19 year old, crossing his legs and turning his body in the direction of her.
“To be honest, no... Not really!”
The blonde murmured quietly, finally lifting her head from its rather uncomfortable position on the top of her knees, the gaze of her blue eyes meeting Paul’s.
“What’s wrong?”
He questioned hesitantly, a small, belittled sigh passing his lips as the voices of the group standing outside began to fade away somewhat. Must’ve decided to go somewhere, and once again, Katie shook her head. Biting down on her lip softly, she lowered her head ever so slightly.
“I.. I just realized something... I have nothing anymore”
She exclaimed, almost stuttering that entire sentence only just managing to keep composure. Damn her and her stupid depressive modes.
“...If I ever leave WWE, or get fired or whatever... If I go back home, I’ll have nothing, no family, no friends.. Av’s, Lynnie and Tony will probably forget about me. Prob—“
Katie began to ramble, almost blubbering as she felt a finger pressed against her lips, causing her to stop speaking almost instantly, even huff out, but still, the tears continued to fall.
“Listen Katie... Worry about all that shit when that time comes, okay? You shouldn’t be worrying about that now...”
Paul stated, gently wrapping an arm around Katie’s shoulder in a hopefully comforting, half hug, hesitantly resting his head on top of hers. Pushing her lips out into a small, yet upset pout, finally letting go of her knees, putting her feet firmly on the floor and wrapped her own arms tightly around Paul. If only her own father had been this supportive of her. She didn’t even know Paul and he felt like more of a Dad than her own ever did.
“I wish my Dad was more like you...”
She murmured, burying her head into his side, only to end up jumping at the sound of her cell phone ringing, causing her to release her grip on the Paul so she could pull her phone from her pocket.
“...Hello!?”
She whispered in to the receiver of it, sniffling quietly.
“Umm, yeah, why exactly?... Why should I care?... Lemme guess, the fucked died of alcohol poisoning, right?... I don’t give a flying fuck, okay? Don’t call this number EVER again!”
With that, Katie angrily pushed the ‘End Call’ button on her phone, literally shoving it back into her pocket with a slight growl.
“Finally, the fucker died, now I pretty much have NO family”
She murmured quietly, a small wave of anger running through her body, causing her jaw to clench.The mother fucker finally died. Shouldn’t she be happy about it!? She did hate her father after all. Katie couldn’t help but be angry. Wrapping her arms tightly around Paul again, she buried her head into his chest, bursting into an angry fit of tears, growling underneath her breath.
”The fucker died on me!”
She exclaimed angrily. Paul allowed a heavy sigh to pass his lips as he wrapped his arms around the younger New Zealander in a fatherly fashion.
“Your Dad I’m guessing...”
Paul murmured, resting his chin softly on top of the New Zealanders head. Katie replied with a simple nod, biting down lightly on her lip as it began to quiver.
“Of all the fucking days he could’ve fucking died, he had to do it today!”
Katie stated with a low snarl, the tears slowly streaking her cheeks, her eyes becoming bloodshot as her make up slowly started to seep through the moisture on her cheeks.
“Do you wanna go back for his funeral?”
He questioned carefully, his tone softening yet still rather rough at that. She shook her head violently from side to side in reply to the question. No way in hell was she going to give up this opportunity. A small smirk began to appear on the girls face.
“Hell no! I’m gonna kick some ass”
Katie exclaimed, forcing a smile to appear on her pale lips, her mood lifting slightly at the thought of competing. She wasn’t going to let her good for nothing father ruin this, not now, not ever.
“I honestly couldn’t care less about that worthless ass, he drank himself to death more likely than not”
She stated with a small snigger, she knew it would’ve happened sooner or later, it was inevitable considering the amount of alcohol he would consume on a daily basis. Finally letting go of the vice-like grip she’d had around Paul, the blonde lightly pushed her fingertips back through her hair as the superstars thumb ran across her face, trying to wipe away all the traces of her tears as the murmuring of voices outside got louder, and louder. They were sure as hell gonna notice the fact her eyes were bloodshot and was now make-up less. Oh well.
“What’d I miss?”
Stephanie exclaimed cheerfully as she jumped into the car, it rocking slightly as she slid to the end of the seat opposite Katie and Paul. The New Zealander simply shook her head, hopefully she would figure out she meant that she didn’t really wanna talk about it.
“I’ll tell ya later”
Paul muttered, messing up Katie’s straightened locks in a playful manner only to have her slap his hand away.
“Don’t touch the hair!”
She exclaimed, pushing her lips out into a childish pout, her bright blue eyes narrowing threatfully in the direction of the long-locked superstar.
“You have no idea how long it took me to get it pretty damn near perfect!”
Katie stated as she began to smooth it out to its previous state – which was rather flat. All apart from the small flick she’d put into the bottom.
“Well... You are a girl, so I’mma guess it took forever?”
Paul proclaimed in a cocky tone, a slight chuckle managing to pass his lips at around the same time Liz and Nat had found their way into the limo, both women instantly shooting a disapproving look in his direction before slapping him across the chest, Katie is too.
“You so asked for that, Paul”
Vince murmured in a rather serious tone of voice as a sly smirk began to crawl onto his features, allowing his head to shake slowly from side to side.
“That was fun, can I do it again?”
Katie questioned in an enthusiastic manner, allowing an ‘innocent’ smile to form on her still lightly glossed lips before she pushed them out into a pleading look.
”No! Steph beats me up enough”
Paul mumbled, rubbing the right side of his chest lightly with the palm of his hand as his head shook, a heavy, gruff chuckle passing his lips.
“It’s true..”
Stephanie chimed in reassuringly as her head bobbled up and down a few times. Changing the bobble to a shake, she allowed a small smirk to form on her lips as she ran her thumb over the top of her acrylic nails.
“It’s rather fun”
She added nonchalantly.
“I bet..”
Katie stated with a slight roll of her eyes as she pushed Paul off the seat beside her and in Stephanie’s general direction
“Enjoy”
She purred with a playful wink as Nat and Liz joined her side of the limousine. Pursing her lips outwards in reply to Paul’s eye narrow, she thought carefully for a moment, noticing his lips beginning to part – she decided to interrupt him, just to be a bitch.
“...Remember? I kicked your ass at arm wrestling”
The New Zealander exclaimed poshly, an obvious fake, yet ‘innocent’ smile crawling onto her features as she softly lent her head against Nat’s shoulder, watching Paul and Stephanie becoming lovey-dovey all of a sudden, causing her eyes to roll.
“You’re never gonna let that down are you?”
Paul murmured, shaking his head slowly from side to side as a small chuckle began to emit from his mouth, lightly nuzzling against Stephanie’s cheek.
“Probably not”
She replied, poking her tongue out of the corner of her mouth lightly. Allowing a quiet sigh to pass her lips following it, Katie pulled her knees up to her chest and got into a more comfortable position on Nat’s shoulder.
“N’awww! Is Kiwi sweepy?”
Nat cooed with a soft purse out of her lips as she ran her fingertips slowly through the ends of Katie’s hair, who in reply simply nodded her head, coincidentally, a large yawn passing her lips.
“Yesh! Kiwi is sweepy!”
She murmured in a childish tone, another quiet, yet this time contented sigh passing her lips as her eyes began to flutter closed.
“Well, you better get some shut eye then”
Vince stated as he cleared his throat, straightening his tie up somewhat in a professional manner. AT that, Katie’s eyes snapped open, her eyebrow raising out of slight confusion. Huh?
“...Why?”
She questioned softly, pursing her lip outwards before she forced them to the side, her bright blue eyes focussing on the Chairman’s expression. Yikes. He was unreadable.
“You’re debuting tonight”
He added lowly, sinking back into his seat as he pulled on the collar of his jacket. Katie’s eyes widened almost instantly. She was debuting? Tonight? Already? No way! She had to have been hearing this wrong, she just had to be. She allowed those three words to echo back through her mind a few times over.
“Ar... Are you being serious?”
Katie questioned, stuttering her own words as she glanced around at everyones faces, they were seemingly blank – did they even know? She wouldn’tve been able to tell if they were smiling or frowning anyways, the shock that had consumed her had clouded her judgement.
“Deadly”
Vince murmured in reply, placing his hands against the back of his head. Shaking her head in slight disbelief, she tried to process everything that had happened in just a matter of days. Wow. It was so overwhelming.
“M.. May I ask wh.. who I’m up against?”
Katie stuttered once again, biting down on the end of her finger in a nervous fashion. Wow.. Just wow. She was nowhere near ready for this. She couldn’t be, could she?
“You’re gonna have to wait and see about that...”
Stephanie interrupted quickly with a sly, near evil smile. This slightly worried the 19 year old, how could she go into this, not knowing, or being able to prepare for her match? Oh boy..
“Trust me Katie, you’ll enjoy it”
She added quickly, softening her smile in hope to lessen the worry that seemed to be seepning through Katie’s features as she lent her head up against Paul’s shoulder.
“Right.. Okay, I’m gonna sleep now”
Katie murmured, snuggling under Nat’s arm, her head resting up against the Dungeon Diva’s shoulder as her eyes closed again, slowly drifting off into a peaceful sleep – again.