Status: Finished.

Dreams Really Can Come True

Three: “This is only the beginning…”

Katie turned around to find a rather athletic man standing behind her.
“Who wants to know?”
She asked, raising an eyebrow at him, freaking out a little bit at the fact that some random guy was talking to her.
“The name’s Jonah, Jonah Somers, Head Talent Co-ordinator at KPW”
He said with a small smile. A big grin appeared on Katie’s face; she definitely wasn’t dreaming and blinked a few times as it sunk in.
“I’m K…Katie, Katie Mulane”
That’s all she managed to say, she was awe-struck for no reason at all. She kept her gaze firmly on Jonah as he sat down in front of her.
“So, tell me a bit about yourself”
He said as he sat in the seat directly opposite her, clasping his hands together and put them on the table.
“What do you wanna know?”
She asked as she scanned the menu for something to eat, Katie didn’t exactly eat breakfast before she left, thanks to Avril.
“Pancakes…”
She whispered to herself, biting her lip as her eyes came across the word.
“Pardon?”
Jonah questioned, raising an eyebrow as he lent back in his chair.
“Sorry, I haven’t eaten breakfast yet, I tend to sleep in after a night at the gym”
Katie replied with a small laugh.
“Okay…”
Jonah said, pausing for a moment before continuing.
“My first question, what do you do for training, like at the gym?”
He asked, this time leaning forward in his seat, somewhat intrigued even though he hadn’t heard anything yet.
“Well, it depends on what I feel like really, or what Tony and Lynnie think I need to work on”
Katie replied with a small shrug as Jonah shook his head with a slight laugh.
“No, I mean like, what do you do, like, how much do you bench press and that sorta stuff”
Katie lifted her gaze from the menu and looked at him, slightly embarrassed.
“Ohh…”
She mumbled as one of the many waiters in the café approached their table.
“Hi, are you ready to order?”
He asked as he pulled a pen from behind his hair and a pad from the pocket of his apron.
“I’m fine, but I’m sure my friend her want something”
Jonah stated with a small smile as he nodded in Katie’s direction, the waiter then turned to Katie about to ask the question again, only to be cut off.
“I’ll have, some pancakes, a… hash brown and a large hot chocolate with marshmallows and extra foam”
She said with an innocent smile.
“Please”
Katie added politely.
“Sure”
The waiter said with a smile before walking away from the table.
“What was your question again?”
Katie asked, turning her attention back to the man who held her possible career in wrestling in the palm of his hand.
“What do you bench press, and that sorta thing?”
He said with a small smile.
“Well… I can bench-press around 200 kilos, but that’s pushing it. A comfortable weight is around 150 to 170 kilos, um, dumbbell lifting usually around 50 kilos, depending on how my shoulder feels, and I can leg press a couple hundred kilos, but that always depends on what my knee can take”
She said with a sigh, only to be interrupted by another question.
“Your knee? What happened?”
Jonah asked curiously, with a raised eyebrow.
“I was, I think, 13 or 14 and I injured it, and it’s just never really come right”
She replied with another sigh. It was one of those injuries that was always holding her back, and on the down side, she hated to think about it.
“What did you do to it?”
He asked more specifically, Katie sighed; she didn’t really want to talk about it but reluctantly did so.
“Well, back then, I was really into track, like the short distance, the 100 metres and stuff, and I was doing just that, the 100 metres. I was about 10, 15 metres from the end and I stood in a hole, or landed funny or something and twisted it, ended up stretching a tendon, or ligament or something along those lines and it’s never really healed itself”
She replied, running her fingers through her hair as she took a deep breath, frowning slightly.
“That must suck”
Jonah said as a small sigh escaped his lips, his eyes fixed on the pattern on the table.
“It does, I missed out on about 6 months of sport when I did it, I didn’t even get a chance to trial for the Under 15 Netball squad back in High School”
She stated with a slight edge to her voice, for some reason her eyes beginning to feel watery. Katie quickly rubbed her eyes, stopping any chance of tears falling from them.
“Tony told me you have everything planned out like, your moves and stuff.”
He said with a smile, in an attempt to change the subject. Katie rolled her eyes playfully as she reached into her bag and pulling out a notebook.
“I knew this would come in handy”
She grinned as she put it on the table.
“What is it you planned exactly?”
Jonah asked curiously as he stared at the cover of the notebook.
“Just like the names of moves, themes I’d use, sketches of ring gear, and stuff I’d wear backstage. People I’d feud, or align with… If I ever get to the WWE that is…”
She said, a little hesitant to open it, she hadn’t shown anyone before, it was kinda private, something that took a long time to write, and figure out, and she wasn’t prepared to have someone read it and laugh in her face about her dreams. She took a deep breath as she pushed the book over to Jonah’s side of the table.
“May I?”
Jonah asked as he pulled the notebook over to him.
“Sure!”
Katie smiled brightly watching him closely as he opened to the doodle she’d drawn on the first page, and was surprised when his jaw dropped.
“You drew this?”
He asked, looking up at Katie briefly, then back down at the drawing. She blushed slightly before nodding her head.
“Yeah, I did, it’s only a doodle though”
She stated with a smile.
“Well, it’s amazing, I’ve never seen anything like it before”
He exclaimed, running his fingers across the outlines of the drawing.
“I’m sure if the WWE takes you on, they could make this a part of your titan-tron”
Katie’s head snapped up at the mention of the WWE, it had been her dream for a long time to get that far, but its only New Zealand, she never thought it was possible for her to get that far.
“The WWE?”
She questioned curiously.
“I haven’t even signed a KPW contract yet and you’re already mentioning the WWE”
Katie stated with a small frown, she wasn’t in the mood to be mucked around, especially with something like this. Jonah just looked up at her with a big grin.
“That’s the only reason we’re signing you”
He said as he turned to the first page of the notebook on which Katie had created the names of her signature and finishing moves.
“I’ve seen your wrestle, and we found out a couple of days ago that the WWE are coming over with some scouts and superstars to see if there’s any talent worth snapping away from us”
Jonah laughed as Katie stared at him, her eyes widened and jaw dropped.
“You really think I’m good enough”
She asked, watching his eyes scanning through the book.
“Good is an understatement Katie”
He replied with an added shake of his head.
“From what I’ve heard, they’re bringing the two powerhouse Diva’s over, so you should have some fun”
He joked as he turned the page. Powerhouses…? Katie thought for a moment, the only powerhouses that came to mind were Liz and Nat, who in the WWE were known at Beth Phoenix and Natalya.
“Do you mean who I think you mean?”
Katie asked curiously, she couldn’t really believe what she was hearing everything seems so surreal.
“Beth and Natalya? Well, Liz and Nat”
He stated, raising and eyebrow in Katie’s direction.
“ARE YOU SERIOUS!!”
Katie exclaimed, yelling slightly. She idolized Beth and Natalya; she could swear that she was dreaming.
“Deadly, Vince told me personally that they were coming, and that they even said they wanna kick some worthless Kiwi ass”
Jonah stated seriously, he kinda added the ‘worthless’ part, but he knew it would fire Katie up, which it did, in fact, it angered her slightly. Worthless…? She couldn’t believe that someone could think of others, especially New Zealanders like that, but considering they were American’s, it didn’t really surprise her.
“Where do I sign?”
She snapped quietly as Jonah laughed to himself, pulling out some papers from the inside pocket off his jacket. She snatched them from him impatiently, grabbing a pen from her bag and signed every line that had a little ‘sign here’ sticker pointing to it.
“Your eager”
Jonah laughed, rolling his eyes playfully as Katie raced through signing the contract.
“When someone calls us worthless, I’mma teach them a lesson”
She said with a small growl. Jonah’s smile quickly vanishing and was replaced with a look of fear.
“Your pretty serious about this aren’t you”
He said as he took a large sip of water from the glass the waiter had put on the table earlier.
“Oh Jonah, this is only the beginning”
Katie replied with an evil grin fixed firmly upon her face.
“Trust me, you ain’t seen nothing yet”
She stated, fixing her gaze on Jonah, who was still frightened.
“Okay, now I’m scared”
He said with a weak laugh.
“Don’t worry, I only hurt people who annoy me and at the moment, you haven’t done that yet”
Katie smiled as the waiter brought her food to the table and immediately began to eat. Staying quiet until she’d finished, which only took around 10 minutes.
“So what now?”
She asked as she pushed her plate to the side, leaning forward and lent her arms against the table.
“We’ll create your character I guess”
Jonah smiled brightly as he shit the notebook, rather satisfied with what he’d just read.