Status: Finished.

Dreams Really Can Come True

Four: The making of the Killer Kiwi

“Character?”
Katie questioned, and then realized he meant her persona.
“Well, we have to discuss your persona, weather you’ll be a baby face or heel, how fast your rise to the top will be. At KPW it’s just the basics, but when you hit the big time, that’s when all the complicated stuff gets decided on”
Jonah replied as he pushed the book back over to Katie, who politely took it back and placed it carefully in her bag, taking a deep breath as she did.
“The WWE will be here either tonight or tomorrow morning so we will have to work fast, all you have to do is prove yourself by putting up a good fight, or even pinning Liz and Nat”
He said with a sly grin, rather proud of the talent he had found.
“You mean it’s a handi-cap match?”
She asked, a little confused. Everything that had happened was still sinking in.
“In a way, but it’s more of a gauntlet match, once you’ve pinned one of them, the other will get in the ring”
Jonah replied with an added nod as Katie let a rather large grin appear on her face.
“So what do we have to sort out before the WWE arrive?”
She asked politely as they waiter took her plate away.
“Well, your ring name, your ‘side’ and your billed weight, height and where you’re billed from”
He said, watching Katie’s shoulder for some reason.
“You mentioned something about your shoulder earlier, is it another injury?”
Jonah asked with a curious tone to his voice as Katie shook her head, her blonde hair bouncing around a little.
“No, I do discus and shot put, sometimes after practise my shoulder can’t do too much. I throw either one about 40 to 50 times for training”
She replied with a small smile.
“Oh!”
Jonah smiled.
“Where were we?”
He asked with a small laugh, forgetting what he’d just said a few moments ago.
“Ring name and stuff I think”
Katie replied with a slight shake of her head as she began drinking her hot chocolate.
“Right…”
He stated, slightly embarrassed.
“I’m guessing your ring name will be Krystal Kayne The Killer Kiwi?”
Jonah questioned with his eyebrow raised slightly.
“Nope, other way round. The Killer Kiwi; Krystal Kayne”
She replied with a small giggle.
“And my ‘side’ as you call it, will be heel. I weigh about 85 kilos, and I’m around…. 1.80 metres tall”
She stated with a slight pout as she thought for a moment, tapping her bottom lip with her finger.
“Yep, and obviously, I’m from Auckland, New Zealand!”
Katie yelled proudly, not caring if people began to stare, making Jonah laugh as he looked down at the table then back up at Katie.
“Your not the shy type are you?”
He said with a small chuckle.
“Well, I can be if I want to, it’s called acting”
Katie laughed followed by a playful roll of her blue eyes as she lent back in her seat. Jonah shook his head as he thought for a little bit, watching as Katie pushed the papers she’d signed over to Jonah who took them and placed them back in his jacket pocket.
“So, if you made it, who would you like to compete against in the WWE?”
Jonah asked curiously as he was surprisingly interested in what Katie had to say.
“Well, Beth and Natalya of course…”
She said with a smile as she thought for a moment.
“Uhh, I guess, Mickie, Melina and Victoria too”
Katie stated with a small shrug of her shoulders, she knew it was impossible for her to be able to compete against Victoria, considering she was no longer a apart of the WWE, as she’d shipped off to TNA.
“Ahh, the Vicious Vixen”
Jonah said with a small chuckle.
“You know that can’t…”
He began to say when Katie quickly cut him off mid sentence.
“I know, I know”
She exclaimed with a small sigh.
“You feel like hitting the gym or something? I wanna see what you can do”
Katie smirked as she got up from her seat, pushing the chair carefully under the table.
“Sure, I wanna see what you can do to!”
Jonah replied with a somewhat evil laugh, following suit as he to got up from his seat, pushing his own chair under the table and followed Katie out of the café door.
“Do you mind if I ride with you? I kinda caught the bus”
He said with an innocent smile. In hearing this, Katie stopped dead in her tracks, slowly turned around to face Jonah with a surprised look on her face.
“You? A big, corporate hot shot, riding the bus? I can’t imagine it!”
Said exclaimed sarcastically as she passed a button on her key ring, unlocking her car.
“Sure”
She added, turning back around smiling to herself as she walked to the driver’s side of her Mercedes.
“Nice car”
Jonah smirked, hoping into the passenger’s side, marvelling at the car.
“It’s called the independent circuit”
She laughed, putting her sunglasses over eye eyes as she started the car, pulling out of the car park and heading in the direction of the motorway.
“Where do you live?”
Jonah asked, wondering how far he’d made her drive to meet up with him.
“Onehunga, why?”
She replied, briefly turning her attention to Jonah, then quickly back on the road, as they got closer to the on-ramp of the motorway, carefully merging into a lane as she drove down the ramp, finally gaining access to the main motorway.
“If I’d known, I would have come to you”
He stated with a guilty sigh.
“It’s fine, I needed to get my ass outta the house before anything too drastic happened”
Katie smiled, which was the last thing either of them said for over half an hour, which was when Katie pulled off the motorway at Habour View Drive. Jonah stared in awe as his eyes gazed at the habour. The sun was out, the water was at the high tide mark and the water was glistening, it was a perfect summer’s day.
“Wow!”
Was all he managed to say as they drove away from the water.
“Wow what?”
Katie asked as they came to a set of lights, having to stop because they were red.
“The harbour…”
Jonah replied briefly.
“It’s…. It’s beautiful”
He said, looking up at Katie for a brief moment then turning his attention back to the road while Katie turned a few corners, driving for a few moments before stopping and carefully turning into the gym car park.
“We’re here”
Katie said as she shut off the car, throwing her sunnies to the back seat and hoping out of the car, locking it as Jonah had already managed to get inside.
“Dude, your suppose to wait”
She teased as she walked in, scanning the room for either Tony or Lynnie, spotting both in the back.
“Come with me”
She demanded, grabbing a hold of his arm, pulling Jonah along behind her as she walked towards the back of the gym.
“Tony, Lynnie!”
Katie yelled in an attempt to get their attention, their head snapping up at the sound of someone calling them.
“KATIE!”
Lynnie yelled, her English heritage still apparent as she ran over to Katie, wrapping her arms tightly around her, causing Katie to stumble back slightly.
“Since when were you happy to see me?”
Katie laughed, hugging her back as Lynnie pulled away from the hug.
“We got a new piece of equipment in, we want you to be the first to use it”
She replied with an evil smirk, and then noticed Jonah standing next to Katie, forgetting what she’d just said as there was a confused look on her face.
“Who’s this?”
She questioned as she narrowed her eyes at Jonah, crossing her arms across her chest.
“This is Jonah, the guy from KPW”
Katie said as she bit down roughly on her lip as she watched Lynnie’s jaw drop.
“I’m now KPW’s newest member, but to them I ain’t Katie, I’m The Killer Kiwi; Krystal Kayne”
She said proudly, suddenly feeling the life literally being squeezed out of her again, but this time by Tony who had suddenly appeared out of no where.
“Congratulations!”
Tony and Lynnie said together.
“We have high hopes for your Katie here, she might be at the top in no time”
Jonah stated, smiling brightly at Lynnie and Tony who seemed a little confused.
“What do you mean by that?”
Lynnie asked, narrowing her eyes at him again.
“The only reason that the KPW is signing Katie is because we have some WWE scouts coming over”
He replied, now smiling brightly at them all, especially Katie who was still being hugged tightly by Tony, who was soon replaced by Lynnie when she pushed him out of the way.
“Ohhh”
Tony smiled as he walked away with a rather triumphant smile.
“You gonna show me what you got or not?”
Jonah asked, pushing his hands into the pockets of his jeans.
“As soon as I get rid of this cling-on I will”
She replied with a small snigger, referring to Lynnie who surprisingly got the hint, letting go and following Tony out of the room, mumbling something in his ear.
“Let’s get started!”
Katie exclaimed with a small smile.