Status: Finished.

Dreams Really Can Come True

Five: Training 101

“I want you to show me what you’d do on a normal day”
Jonah said as he sat down on a bench in the middle of the room.
“Do you mind sitting on your ass for 3 to 4 hours?”
She asked, raising her eyebrow playfully as she loaded up one of the machines with quite a lot of weight.
“You train for that long?”
He asked curiously, looking at her with careful eyes as she loaded weights to machine he hadn’t actually seen before.
“Sometimes longer”
She laughed. Katie then began her workout doing various activities and using various machines while Jonah watched. He was surprised at her resilience, and how much work she’d put into this dream she had. He lent forward slightly as he watched her on the bench press, which was the last activity on her list for the day.
“Need some help?”
Jonah asked politely, seeing Katie struggle slightly as she tried to lock the bar.
“Yep”
She said, quickly taking a breath as she pushed the bar away from her, suddenly seeing his hands aid it into its locked position, then sat up, slightly out of breath.
“Thanks!”
She exclaimed grabbing a bottle of water that Lynnie had given her earlier that she’d completely forgotten about.
“You really do a lot when you work out, don’t you?”
Jonah stated with a small smirk fixed on his lips.
“That’s only the upper body”
Katie said with a slightly evil laugh.
“It’s only been 3 hours, I still have my legs to do”
She stated as she slowly got to her feet slowly, stretching her arms as she went and sat on the bench, which Jonah had been sitting on before he had to help her.
“Are you serious? I just watched you non stop with weights even I wouldn’t attempt and your telling me your not finished yet”
He exclaimed sitting down next to Katie, watching her closely as she looked exhausted.
“Like I said earlier, you ain’t seen nothing yet”
Katie smirked as she took another sip of water.
“I have a 15 minute break before I start working out my legs so we can talk if you want”
She shrugged as Lynnie walked in, shooting a confused look in Katie and Jonah’s direction.
“What’s going on here?”
Lynnie said with a laugh, making Katie’s head snap up at the sound of her voice, blushing ever so slightly.
“Nothing, jeez, your always jumping to conclusions aren’t you Lynnie”
She replied with a shake of her head, looking at the floor briefly then back up at Lynnie.
“What?”
Lynnie replied innocently.
“Since when aren’t I allowed to be protective?”
She said, crossing her arms playfully as she stuck out her tongue.
“Oi, if you’re not careful, I’ll get Tony to bite your tongue off”
Katie threatened as she finished off her bottle of water before she stood up and stretched slightly before making her way over to one of the leg presses only to be picked up and thrown over someone’s shoulder. She noticed Lynnie laughing in the corner of her eye and knew instantly that it was Tony.
“Dude, put me down!”
She stated impatiently as she hit Tony back with her fist a few times.
“Why?”
Tony questioned in his thick Samoan accent as he walked around a bit.
“Well, I haven’t finished working out and this isn’t fun!”
She pouted, shooting an annoyed look at both Lynnie and Jonah before kicking her way out of Tony’s grip, flipping off his shoulder only just landing on her feet.
“Thank you!”
Katie said with a playful roll of her eyes as she walked over to the leg press and began loading on some weight.
“How much you puttin’ on?”
Tony asked as he watched Katie walk, noticing she was limping slightly.
“140”
Katie replied, looking up at Tony from under the hair that had fallen over her face, Tony just looked at her with a concerned look as he watched her knee.
“Be careful”
He stated protectively, like her always seemed to do.
“Jeez, why are you two so protective all of a sudden?”
Katie asked as she positioned herself on the leg press, releasing the bar as she began her first set.
“Just worried about your knee…”
Tony said, crossing her arms as he watched Katie with careful eyes.
“It’s fine Tony”
Katie replied as she took deep breaths every time she straightened her legs. Once she’d finished her first set of 10 before locking the bar back in place, quickly getting to her feet and walked around a little bit.
“Why do you think I’m only doing 140”
She stated, realizing that she’d sounded bitchy.
“Sorry if I’m snapping, haven’t eaten much and I was rudely woken up by Av’s this morning”
She said, taking a deep breath as she grabbed another water bottle, which Lynnie had been holding onto the entire time.
“Thanks”
Katie whispered, drinking some of it as she turned her attention to Tony.
“It’s fine,”
He said with a small chuckle.
“You ain’t as bad as this one”
Tony laughed, nodding in Lynnie’s direction, who instantly pretended to be offended by what he’d just said.
“If you two are gonna argue, can you at least let me beat one of you up? I’m not in the work out mood anymore”
Katie smirked, keeping her gaze fixed on all three of the people in the room, but mainly staring at Jonah.
“Come to think of it, seeing’s how you wanna see what I got, I’m gonna show you what I got Jonah. Tony, can ya set up the ring for us?”
She asked as she began to stretch as Tony nodded, walking into the storeroom, pulling out some massive boxes and a ring mat, which he began to set up.
“You want to wrestle me?”
Jonah questioned, raising an eyebrow in Katie’s direction slightly confused.
“Duhh, or are you scared you’ll get beaten up by a girl”
She said, taunting Jonah as she flexed her arms, then went over and helped Tony finish setting up the ring.
“Oh I ain’t scared”
Jonah stated with a small laugh with an added shake of his head.
“I just ain’t got any gear”
He added with a frown.
“I can help you there”
Lynnie said as she walked into the office, pulling some clothes out of Tony’s bag and making her way back towards Jonah.
“These should fit, you can change in there”
She smiled, pointing to the changing rooms. Jonah got to his feet slowly and walked off into the changing rooms, returning a few minutes later to find Katie waiting for him in the ring.