Status: Finished.

Dreams Really Can Come True

Nine. Build up. Lash out.

“So, you’re really gonna leave me and bugger off to America?”
Avril stated with a small snigger, crossing her arms as she narrowed her eyes at Steph and Liz before shooting a somewhat annoyed look at Nat.
“Yupp”
Katie exclaimed, following it with a big grin.
“I can get you backstage ya know...”
She said, allowing a small smirk to replace her grin before she burst into a small fit of giggles.
“Probly get Randy to let you touch his abs”
Katie yelled somewhat, poking her tongue out playfully at her flatmate.
“Av’s got this major obsession with Orton and his abs”
She stated with a playful laugh as Avril shot a disapproving look at Katie, narrowing her eyes.
“What happened to scout’s honour?”
She growled slightly as everyone who was in the room laughed.
“Never said I was a scout”
Katie pouted.
“I need food, who wants pizza, my shout?”
She said, pulling everything out of her closet, dumping it in a pile on the floor as she began to fold it neatly and packing it into her bags.
“I do”
Nat exclaimed with a small smile.
“Take your pick”
Katie laughed, throwing a Pizza Hut flyer in Nat’s direction as there was yet another knock at the door.
“I’ll be right back”
Avril said, walking off and answering the door. They heard the mumbling of voices when Avril’s head popped around the door.
“There’s these dudes at the door asking for you, some old guy and this other guy who looks like he’s Triple H’s twin, you want me to let them in?”
She asked, raising her eyebrow, for some reason feeling a little confused.
“Yup”
Katie replied with an added nod, knowing exactly who was at the door, getting the hint when she said Triple H’s twin.
“I’ll be right back... again”
Avril exclaimed with a small roll of her eyes as she walked back towards the door, grabbing a hold of Vince and Paul’s wrists, pretty much dragging them towards Katie’s room pushing them in front while Katie began packing a bag with some shoes, her flatmate shutting the door, as the 19 year olds room became a little claustrophobic.
“Hey babe”
Paul said flashing a smile in Stephanie’s direction, who instantly began to blush. He walked over to the bed and kissed Stephanie softly as he climbed on top of her.
“Dude! No fucking on my bed!”
Katie shouted playfully as Paul flipped her off
“Oh look! I can do that too”
She smirked as she pulled the finger right back.
“God, I need some alcohol”
Katie stated as she got to her feet, leaving her room and making her way to the kitchen, grabbing a beer from the fridge and opening it as she walked back into her room, knocking back a few gulps before setting it down on her bedside table before she continued packing her shoes, the bag slowly getting full. She zipped up the bag slowly and slid it over towards the wall, looking up briefly as she noticed everyone’s eyes on her.
“What?”
She asked, grabbing another bag so she could continue packing her stuff, turning her attention to the numerous pairs of shoes still in her closet, feeling a pillow hit her in the face, causing her to turn her attention to the bed, narrowing her eyes at Paul who had an ‘innocent’ smile on his face.
“Where’s mine?”
He asked with a playful frown.
“What? Beer?”
Katie questioned as she tried to fine the other black stiletto that matched the one she was holding in her hand.
“Well, duhh”
Paul replied, crawling up to a sitting position on the bed as he crossed his arms roughly, pretending to be angry.
“Avril...”
Katie began to say as she was interrupted by none other than her flatmate
“I’m on it! A beer for everyone”
She exclaimed with a playful roll of her eyes as she walked into the kitchen grabbing what was left of the 12 pack that had been sitting in the fridge, carrying it carefully back to Katie’s room, hoping she didn’t drop any in the process, they were technically Katie’s beers anyways.
“Right, who wants one?”
Avril questioned, opening the box to find 10 beers still in there.
“Dude, don’t ask, just give”
Katie exclaimed with a small smirk, poking her tongue out at Avril, who replied with yet another playful roll of her eyes, flipping Katie off before she handed a beer to everyone.
“I’mma have to go look for Katie’s Vodka stash soon”
Avril smirked evilly as she took a beer for herself while she walked back to the kitchen , throwing the box in the trash before going back to Katie’s room, only to find Paul and Katie arm wrestling.
“Aww dude, you’re toast”
She stated with a small pout and an added shake of her head as she opened her beer.
“No I ain’t”
Katie exclaimed, as she began to equal Paul’s strength.
“No, not you, Triple H’s twin”
Avril proclaimed with a small laugh a she knocked back a sip of her beer as she sat down next to the pile of bags on the floor, playing with the handle of one that was half full, sighing quietly to herself.
“Yuss!”
Katie cheered as she finally managed to push Paul’s arm to the floor, her small outburst causing Avril’s head to snap up from the bags, a sly smile making its way onto her lips.
“Who’s gonna feel my wrath now?”
The 19 year old smirked, lifting her arms and flexing them a little.
“Hey Katie...”
Nat semi-whispered as she got to her feet, the can of beer still unopened in her hand.
“Do your parents know they you’re goin’ to the US?”
She asked curiously, Avril’s head snapping up once again at the mention of Katie’s parents, looking over at her with careful eyes. The mention of her parents made Katie freeze almost instantly, pretty much just standing there until Avril walked over and wrapped her arms around her tightly.
“It’ll be fine dude”
She whispered in Katie’s ear as Nat took a couple of steps until she stood in front of the two, beginning to feel a little bad.
“Did I say something wrong?”
Nat asked curiously, a small frown appearing on the Diva’s lips.
“Its fine, you didn’t know”
Katie stated, her voice emotionless as she spoke, but as soon as she finished, a small wave of anger running through her body.
“Know what?”
The Dungeon Diva questioned softly, for some reason tears beginning to fill her eyes, taking a deep breath which held them back.
“You want me to tell ‘em?”
Avril asked Katie in a careful tone, brushing some of her hair to the side of her face. Katie replied with a simple nod as she pulled away from Avril, picking up her beer from the bedside table, sculling it back quickly. Everyone then turned their attention to Avril with curious looked fixed upon their faces, as if to say, ‘What the fuck is going on?’
“Well, when Katie began training to be a wrestler her Dad walked out on her and her Mum, because he didn’t agree with the choices she was making, and ended up wanting nothing to do with her.”
Avril stated, taking a deep breath as she rearranged her thoughts and continued to speak.
“And her Mum, well, she died back in February”
With that, Avril finished speaking, a small sigh escaping the girls lips before she walked out of the room quickly. Leaving Katie standing there, motionless, pretty much frozen to the spot as everyone exchanged looked between themselves, slightly shocked at what they’d just heard.
“Dang, this girls been through a lot”
Paul whispered to Stephanie, who pretty much ignored him as she got to her feet slowly, taking a few steps until she stood in front of Katie, wrapping her arms tightly around the girl again, who in return wrapped her arms around Stephanie, leaning her head on the Brunette’s shoulder gently. She’d sworn that she’d never cry over her messed up life around so many people, but as soon as Aaron showed his face, that promise was broken. After a few moments, Nat and Liz joined in on the hug, who were then followed by Paul and Vince.
“Don’t worry, we’ll take care of you”
Paul said with a reassuring smile, watching Nat carefully as she pulled away from the hug, tugging on Vince’s jacket and pulling him towards the corner of the room.
“Should we give it to her now?”
Nat asked in a whisper, referring to the WWE Contract that he had tucked away in his jacket. Vince replied with a simple nod as he reached into the inside pocket of his jacket, pulling out some papers and handing them to Nat, who pretty much snatched them from his hands, making her way back over to Katie with a smile.
“Katie... We got something for you”
She exclaimed, taking a deep breath as she hid the papers behind her back.
“...What is it?”
Katie questioned, finally breaking her silence as she reluctantly pulled out of the hug, turning her attention to Nat, who pulled the papers from behind her back, passing them to Katie.
“Okay...”
The Blonde mumbled, a confused look appearing on her face as she took the papers from Nat.
“Wow, a bunch of... papers”
She said as she opened them up, instantly spotting the WWE logo at the top of the page, putting her hand over her mouth, covering it in pure shock. She stared at it in disbelief while everyone stood back, either sitting down on the floor or on the bed, watching Katie’s mood change, satisfied smiles appearing on their faces. Katie scanned the first page of the contract then looked over at Vince.
“You’re putting me on TV straight away?”
She asked curiously, still stunned at the fact she was holding a WWE contract in her hand.
“Yep, from what I’ve seen so far, you’d be a waste FCW, you need to be challenged right from the get go”
Vince replied with somewhat of a smile as he took a sip from his can of beer. Katie then turned her attention to her bedside table, opening the top drawer and pulling out a pen, sitting herself down on the floor as she continued to read the contract, biting down on the tip of the pen, bouncing her leg, just out of habit. It took her over 10 minutes to read before she finally lifted her eyes from the paper, glancing over at Vince who had a rather large smile on his face. The 19 year old began to bite down on her lip for a moment as she felt behind her for a to lean her page against, finally finding one, she put her paper over the cover and signed on the dotted line.
“I can’t believe I just did that”
Katie exclaimed, her voice squeaking slightly as she slowly got to her feet while there was yet another knock at the flat door, which was hastily answered by Avril. Katie somewhat crept over to the door, pressing her finger to her lips, insisting that everyone to be quiet. Listening carefully to the voices coming from the front of the house, Lynnie’s English accent almost unmissable, a large smile appeared on her lips as she stepped away from the door a little, while Tony and Lynnie appeared, standing in her doorway. Walking over, they instantly looked at the papers in Katie’s hands, a smile hastily appearing on both their faces.
“Is that what I think it is?”
Lynnie questioned, raising her eyebrow slightly.
“Uh Huh..”
Katie replied, running her fingers back through her hair before she flung her arms tightly around Lynnie, pretty much squeezing the life out of her.
“And it’s all because of you and Tony”
She stated, resting her head on Lynnie’s shoulder, her blue eyes glancing over at Tony briefly.
“When do you leave?”
Tony asked, walking over to the pair, wrapping an arm around them both.
“Uhh...”
Katie murmured, releasing her grip on Lynnie, taking a step back, running her finger gently over her bottom lip as she looked up at Vince, not actually knowing when she was going to be leaving.
“Tomorrow afternoon”
Vince stated, adding a small smile for effect as he and pretty much everyone else finished their beers.
“What he said”
The Blonde stated with a small laugh, biting down on her lip softly as she somewhat, stared at Lynnie, who was becoming rather teary eyed. Katie personally, was fed up with all the crying and tears, but her situation was different. Rolling her eyes playfully, she re-wrapped her arms around Lynnie, hugging her tightly.
“I’mma miss you, you know”
Lynnie whispered quietly as she hugged Katie back as she fought to keep her tears at bay.
“I’mma miss you morer”
Katie stated, pushing her lips into a small pout as she again, pulled away from the hug.
“How ‘bout we all go down to the club? I’ll shout us all some drinks...”
She suggested, grabbing her wallet from the bedside table and the keys sitting next to it.
“You, USAians can meet some true Kiwi men”
She exclaimed with a small, yet evil laugh, poking her tongue out at the group from the WWE, who all gave her what seemed to be, stern looks.
“Guys. Chill, it’s called Kiwi humour”
Avril added in a slight ‘duhh’ tone, following it by a small laugh which soon faded when she realized that no one else was laughing.
“A club sounds good, but what is a true, Kiwi man exactly?”
Stephanie questioned, raising her eyebrow at Katie in a curious manner.
“Well, stubbies, a beer in his hand, and a singlet that don’t cover their beer belly”
Katie replied seriously, she knew she was totally bull shitting but she enjoyed toying with people’s heads, and plus she wanted to see what the reactions would be. Her blue eyes scanned the room, looking at the somewhat disgusted looks on their faces and burst into a hysterical fit of laughter.
“And people think that I’m gullible”
She exclaimed with a playful roll of her eyes.
“That’s really only half the male population”
The 19 year old added with a small shake of her head, her attention turning to Tony as he cleared his throat.
“How are we gonna get to the club? Your car ain’t gonna be big enough...”
Tony said, which was followed by a small yawn, stretching a little before wrapping his arm around Lynnie who almost instantly rolled her dark eyes playfully in response.
“I can take my bike, it takes two and I’m pretty sure that I got an extra suit too”
Avril stated, referring to the Harley that was tucked away in the garage next to the flat.
“I’ll go with you!”
Nat exclaimed enthusiastically, with a bright smile fixed on her lips as she glanced over at Avril briefly, who paused for a second to think before she spoke.
“Uhh, not to be rude or nothin’ but, I have a feeling that the suit won’t fit you properly, ya know, around the chest area..”
She replied, a small, innocent smile appearing on her face, hoping like hell that she didn’t hurt Nat’s feelings, or sound offensive. The Neidhart just rolled her eyes playfully at Avril’s statement, adding a laugh for effect.
“It doesn’t bother me...”
She stated, pouting softly as her green eyes watch Avril leave the room, reappearing literally seconds later with the extra suit.
“Woah, that is small... But I’ll give it a go”
Nat smirked, walking into the bathroom to change.
“I’ll be totally surprised if it actually fits her”
Liz exclaimed as she laid back on the bed, her blue eyes staring at the ceiling, huffing out slightly.
“Ya want my beer?”
She asked Katie, lifting her head from the pillow slightly as she extended her hand with the can in Katie’s direction.
“Only if you’re sure...”
Katie stated with a small pout, slowly taking the can from her while Nat walked back in.
“I almost got it done right up”
She exclaimed proudly, placing her hands firmly on her hips as she leaned her back against the wall, a small smile appearing on her lips.
“When are we gonna go?”
Stephanie asked rather enthusiastically, a little bit too much.
“We can’t just yet. There’s nine of us and there’s only seven people sorted into cars and shit”
Katie stated with a small frown as she looked down at the ground, forcing her lips to the side of her mouth.
“We can take our car if it makes things easier...”
Tony chimed, reaching into the back pocket of his jeans and pulling out his car keys, dangling them on his finger.
“Sweeet”
Liz exclaimed playfully.
“Let’s get our asses down to this club thing”
She stated as she pushed her lips into a small pout as she jumped off the bed and too her feet, almost falling over but catching herself just in time, but everyone laugh anyway. But they all fell completely silent as there was again, a knock at the door.
“I’ll get it”
Avril said with a playful roll of her eyes.
“Nah, I will this time”
Katie stated, walking past Avril and making her way to the front door, cautiously opening it, considering she wasn’t really expecting anyone.
“Uhh, can I help you?”
She asked, looking at the man standing before her, which just happened to be the WWE Superstar she hated the most, the self-proclaimed, Legend Killer.
“I’m lookin’ for Vince, he said I’d find ‘im here”
He replied with a small smile as his dark eyes scanned Katie”
“Come in I guess, he’s in there...”
Katie stated, pointing to her bedroom door, standing back slightly as she allowed Randy to walk in closing the door after him. For some reason, grabbing a hold of his wrist and pulling him to her bedroom where everyone else was.
“I’m guessin’ you’re WWE’s newest accolade then?”
Randy asked, his eyes narrowing and glaring at her in a somewhat angry manor.
“What’s it to you?”
She snapped in reply, walking over to her dresser and dumping a drawer full of clothes on the floor next to the bags she’d been packing for what seemed like forever.
“Hey! Don’t you speak to me...”
The Viper began to shout, only to have his arm grabbed roughly by Liz, her eyes narrowing at him slightly.
“Trust me, you don’t wanna mess with ‘er, she countered the GlamSlam”
Liz stated in a rather hushed voice, her statement causing Randy’s eyes widening, his jaw dropping to.
“You did what?!”
He exclaimed, his tone changing to one of shock.
“You heard her, do I need to spell it out for you?”
Katie stated with a frown. She didn’t like Randy one but and she was gonna show it. She couldn’t care less if his actions were scripted, she still hated him, weather he was nice outside the ring or not.
“Bitch much?”
Randy laughed as Katie shot him a rather evil look while everyone else fell quiet as they watched Katie and Randy with careful eyes, ready to jump in if need be. The 19 year old walked up to him, slightly getting in his face.
“Well, this bitch doesn’t like you and I won’t hesitate in hurting you!”
She threatened, standing her ground. She wasn’t gonna let someone like Randy intimidate her, it wasn’t in her nature.
“You? Hurt me? I dare you!”
He snarled. Katie clenched her fist, drawing back only to have her hand grabbed by Tony.
“How about we settle this at the gym yeah?”
The Samoan suggested, wrapping an arm around Katie’s mid section, pulling her away from the situation.
“Fine by me”
Katie said with a demonic smirk, pushing past Randy roughly as she made her way to the door.
“Wanna race Tony?”
She exclaimed with a pout as she stood the door, waiting for a reply, running in a dress was only to easy for her.
“Do you even need to ask?”
He teased in reply, following her outside as they stood ready at a crack in the pathway.
“Three... Two... One... GO!”
Katie shouted, and with that, they both took off as fast as they could, speeding in the direction of the gym.
“What the fuck is wrong with her?”
Randy questioned, raising an eyebrow at Lynnie, even though he had no idea who she was.
“You really want to know?”
She replied, crossing her arms angrily, her accent rather thick.
“Would I bother asking if I didn’t?”
He stated, a slight edge to his voice.
“Well, if you must know. She don’t like you because she hates your WWE character, scripted or not, she doesn’t like the fact you ‘attacked’ Stephanie, unprovoked. And on top of that, some other stuff that is on a need to know basis, and you don’t need to know”
Lynnie snapped, not really caring what would happen. Stephanie glanced down at the ground, feeling that all this animosity could possibly be her fault, but it wasn’t of course, it was WWE Creative Team.
“Should we go back to the gym then?”
Stephanie questioned, forcing a smile as she glanced around at the group of people somewhat, surrounding her, as Lynnie looked down at her watch.
“We better, they should be there by now”
She stated with a small snigger as everyone walked to the gym, no on talking the entire time. When they arrived, they found Tony getting Katie warmed up again. Randy laughed slight as he watched Katie’s routine, turning his attention over to Nat and Liz.
“That bet you guys? I don’t believe it”