Life as I know it

Chapter 3

Chess's POV

I stared wide eyed, scared, at the man with the gun. I gulped. I saw Jared tense up, wanting to stand up. I looked at Ms. Coalman slowly stood up, and the man pointed the gun at her.

"I said nobody move!" he yelled, ready to shoot.

Ms. Coalman froze, and nodded. I gripped the desk, scared of what might happen. I hardly saw when Jared got up and walked toward the man. The man spun and faced Jared.

"Kyle. Don't do this. Your better then this. What happened? Did Nellie break up with you?"Jared slowly went forward. He knew him?

"Jared just stop." Kyle said. "You'll never understand. No one will!" Jared jumped at Kyle, and hit him. They both fought.

I stared in horror, scared as freaking hell. There was a loud bang. Blackness over came me...

Jared's POV

I was hugging my sister Taylor, sobbing. Chess. Chess was taken away by an ambulance. When Kyle hit the trigger on the gun, it had hit Chess. They let everyone go home, and Kyle was arrested for attempted murder. Taylor had waited outside for me.

"Shh. Jared. He'll be okay." Taylor said rubbing my back in comfort.

I couldn't speak because I was scared, upset, and oh so mad. I pulled away and sat on the ground against the wall. When I finally settled down, and stopped crying, I sighed. "I sure hope Chess is alright..." was all I could say.

*************************************

It's been almost a week since the shooting at the school. I haven't been allowed to go see Chess because my parents thought that he would need his father. But today I was going to go and see him. I stood up from the couch and put on my jacket. I grabbed my wallet and walked out the door shutting it behind me. I began walking down the street toward the bus stop.

************************************

When I got the the hospital I asked where Chess' room was. 156. I walked up the stairs and looked for the room. 145.....150...155...156!I turned into the room. I saw Chess in his bed. The doctor saw me and walked towards me.

"Your friend is alright. He was lucky that the bullet missed his heart." He said, then nodded, walking out.

I walked over to Chess' hospital bed. "Chess." I said sitting on the chair next to the bed. "How are you feeling?"

Chess gave a weak smile. "Hey Jared. I'm feeling better... hurts still. Thanks for coming." he said and his smile turned into a hurt frown. "The bullet hit my rib. It's a bit busted up, but nothing serious."

I nodded, smiling. "I am so happy your alive. Gave everyone a scare when you fell back and went unconcious." I looked away then back at him.

"Glad to hear you were worried." Chess laughed, then winced.

We talked for a good hour. He was so sweet. He told me about when he was living with mom and, he told me something that surprised me. "Your gay? Really?" I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lol. So I decided to make this chapter interesting. I am having slight writers block, but I am really happy with this chapter.