Hello My Name Is...

Crackin Skulls

A couple days later.....

William got off his bus and walked towards the front lobby of the school. He passed by the usual crowds of goths, emos, preps. He didn't pay them any mind, just more faces in a crowd.
He was happy today, business was booming for once in the projects. Pugs hooked him up a few days ago, and ever since, people have been asking for more of his shit.

He walked past the science wings parking lot, taking his usual short cut to class. He heard shouting and cussing, drawing his attention to the other side of the building. Curious as to what was going on, he turned the corner and saw Bobby and Sloop up in some skater punks face. They shoved the one skater, who in turn shoved them back. They weren't your usual skater punks either.

One looked built tough, the other was skinnier, but had a crazy look on his face. Two guys one did not want to mess with.

"Hey! What da fuck is going on over here?!" William shouted at the group, breaking up the fight for a moment.

"Yo, check it! These are the motherfuckers who tried to step a few days ago!" Bobby said, turning to face William, "I asked them where the little bitch was at, and they got up in my face!"

"Yeah, and then you started shit with us you greasy mother fucker!" the tougher skater said through clenched teeth.

By the looks of it, that skater looked ready to throw down any second. The other one had a calm look on his face, as if this was natural for him.

"Look mothafucka, all we is sayin, is that yo boy better watch his back for he catches one in the head!" Bobby said, taking a few bold steps forward.

The skaters took a bold step forward, unafraid. This caused Bobby to lose his nerve and take a few steps back. Bobby, a little bitch when it came to fights. Because his brother was well known, he felt he deserved just as much respect. You have to earn respect on the streets, something William was trying to teach him for the longest time.

Sloop moved his hand towards hid coat pocket, a threatening gesture. The tough looking skater reached into his bag, the other skater kneeling to pull something out of his sock.
William had to diffuse the situation quickly!

"Hold up yo! Everyone just chill for a moment okay?! Nobody do nothing stupid!" William said sternly, coming between the two groups.

"Nigga, get da fuck out of my way for I-" Bobby started to say, getting in Williams face.

"You want to finish that sentence?!" William said coldly, getting even more into Bobby's.

Bobby backed down, a look of shock on his face. Sloop took a few steps forward, but William held his hand out to stop him.

"Stay there Sloop! Don't move another step, let me handle this shit aight?!" William said, turning to face the two skaters, "Look, we ain't here to start shit aight? From what I understand, your guy and our guy here, got into a little scuffle right?"

The skaters nodded, eyes still narrowed and cold. William hadn't noticed it, but the one tough skater had a bruised lip and jaw.

"Did anyone of these knuckle heads hit you?!" William said angrily, glaring at his friends, who lowered their heads and looked away.

"Nothing like that. Different time, different place," was the answer.

William nodded, none of his business, "Aight look, this stupid feud is over and done with aight?! We all got better things to do than to have petty bullshit arguments over who looked at who the wrong way aight?! So from here on out, you don fuck with us, we don fuck with you okay?!"

The skaters nodded, not saying a word, slowly turned and walked away.

"Just like that?! You gonna let them go..just like that?!" Bobby complained.

"Fo real Will! You just let some punk ass muthafuckas walk off with yo pride!" Sloop said angrily.

William turned to face them, "First off, this shit ain't worth getting expelled for aight?! Two, I'm looking out for you dumb ass muthafuckas who want to go and try and start shit with people you can't beat!"

Sloop laughed, "Ha! I could take on both those white bread mutha fuckas man! No problem!"

"Fo real!" Bobby added in.

William grabbed Sloop by the collar and pulled him in close, "Look you dumb ass bitch! You wanna act all tough and bad on your own, fine! But don't get someone else caught up in your shit storm! I know you don't pack heat or shivs, but those skaters do! You wanna start some shit, and have it end with a blade in your ribs, fine! But don't be gettin Bobby in your mess!"

Sloop looked away, embarrassed and degraded. Bobby stood there, wide-eyed and unsure of what to say or do.

"Get to class Bobby."

Bobby nodded and took off, leaving William and Sloop alone.

Williams turned to face Sloop again, "Others, are catching on that a lot of niggas around here talk shit. Lots of shit. Safety in numbers is what is going on. They know most of these homo-thugs are fake as playas who can't fight worth dick. You think cause you got a lil boy on your side, and he got you, that both of you are gonna take on some real hard ass street punks?! How do you know one of them ain't packin heat or a shank?! You gonna get yo ass shot up or stabbed for acting like a dumb ass fool! And getting a lil kid involved? Da fuck is wrong wit you?!"

Sloop wouldn't make eye contact, he only swayed back and forth, annoyed and embarrassed.

"Fine fine, don't listen to me den. But let me tell you what, if I hear or see you pulling dumb ass shit like this again with Bobby or any other lil nigga as your 'backup', I'm gonna find you, and kill you myself!"

Sloop smirked, "Yeah, right. You ain't gonna kill-."

Sloop shutted up when he felt the sharp point of a blade pressed against the small of his back.

"Keep talkin fool! See, this is what I'm talkin bout! You gonna get yerself and someone else killed for your big fuckin mouth!" William said, pulling the shank away from Sloops back.

"Get to class, I'm done here.." William said as he picked up his bag and walked off.

He took the shank he had made out of a sharpened Popsicle stick, and snapped it in half, discarding it. He had learned how to make shanks at an early age. He always kept a few on him, just in case he was jumped again while walking to or from school. He was still pissed at Sloop, but it would pass in time.

As William walked off to class, Sloop picked up his bag and like on many an occasion, wished he had a gun....