Hello My Name Is...

Fuel To The Fire

Last period....

William never had any real issues with anyone in his history class. People left him alone, and he left them alone. Maybe it was his height and build, he was a tall person. He sat back in his chair, doing his best to follow along with the class, but found himself day dreaming. He had a lot on his mind.

His grandmother was sick and wasn't getting any better, his business was booming, but what if he couldn't make enough to pay Mars back? Mars was a tough guy, he'd speak with his fists first, and not hesitate to shoot a person if they rubbed him the wrong way.

"Excuse me, William? Would you like to join the rest of the class on page 263?" the teacher asked, having caught William daydreaming.

"Yeah, no doubt, " William replied, flipping to the appropriate page.

"He's stoned.." someone whispered.

William looked around the room, trying to find the jokester. No one looked suspicious, as the teacher continued his lesson. William frowned, but pushed the rude comment out of his mind. He had to refocus his efforts on the task at hand. He followed along faithfully, reading word for word as the tale of the Chinese dynasty unfolded within the textbook pages. He found it interesting, of how long these dynasties lasted. Blood was everything to them.

His thoughts were disturbed when someone whispered his name.

"Psst...William!"

He tried to ignore it, not caring for recent gossip of the school. But the whisperer was insistent.

"William! Look, over here!"

William shook his head and continued to read, trying to keep his cool.

"Hey! You got any weed?"

That did it! William was already annoyed by the whisperer, but to have someone try to buy and advertise his side job at school...that set him off.

"Yo, you better shut the fuck up!" William hissed to no one in particular.

The whispers stopped for a moment, but started up again when the teacher began talking again.

"Gimme some weed nigger!"

William knew it was a white boy talking. What was just said pissed him off even more.
He turned to face the direction of the speaker, and saw Clay smiling like a moron at him.

"So what do you say?" Clay whispered.

William smiled, then without warning, stood up and threw a punch at Clay, buffeting him with punch after punch. Clay tried to fight back, but was no match to the unchained aggression of his attacker.

"Get the fuck off of me asshole!" Clay cried out, trying to stand and escape the hail of fists.

He managed to stand and take a few steps, before William punched him in the back of the head. This sent him stumbling forward and falling onto a desk, his injured foot getting caught in a chair and wrenching it to the side. He cried out in pain as his injury burned and stung from the twisting done by the chair. He lay there on the floor, clutching his foot and whimpering.

The entire time this had happened, the class and teacher sat dumbstruck by the sudden outburst of violence and rage. It was over within a matter of seconds, William sweating and breathing heavily, his fists still clenched. Clay lay on the floor, still whimpering.

"You broke my foot!" Clay shrieked, his face red and flushed.

"Don't ever call me that again, or even dare to talk to me ever again muthafucka!" William shouted at him, his large form towering over the sprawled out boy.

"William! Go to the office, now!" ordered the teacher.

"He started this shit, calling me a nigger!" William exclaimed as he grabbed his bag.

"We'll let the office sort this all out! You had no right to punch the boy!" the teacher exclaimed as he pointed at the door with an angry finger.

"Hmph...what the fuck ever!" William shouted and stomped out of the room.

The teacher turned to the fallen student, "Are you okay Clay? Can you walk?"

Clay whimpered pathetically, "No, that bastard hurt me bad!"

Other students started to help him up, one of the jocks offered to help Clay down to the school nurse. Within a matter of minutes, Clay and the other student slowly made their way to the nurses. You could hear Clay's whimpering all the way down the hall.

William sat in the office, waiting to be seen by the principle. He knew he was going to get into deep shit for hitting another student, but he had called him a derogatory name! Didn't that count for something? Most likely not, people around here were either too sensitive to blacks, or not sensitive enough. He leaned back in his chair, knowing it was going to be a long wait.....

Later on, William would be suspended for a week. It was a crappy deal, but it could have been worse. Clay was suspended for two weeks for his racial slur, and he had torn the ligaments in his ankle. He wasn't going to be playing any sports anytime soon. Possibly never again. Clay had a scholarship to play college lacrosse at Duke. Those dreams went down the drain in an instant.

His dreams shattered, his life in shambles. No college would accept him now! He wasn't by any means, smart enough to get accepted into a college without a lacrosse scholarship. It was his only ticket to Duke. What was life without lacrosse? Who would want to date a crippled loser? Clay had it with everyone who got in his way. He needed to get even.

They needed to pay....