Hello My Name Is...

Time Passes Like Water

December.....

Alice had heard about what had happened with Clay and that thug. She also heard about Davey beating up one of his friends for trash talking a prep. She put two and two together easily. She was flattered and touched by it, a man fighting for her honor. Was it even that? She had to know.

Davey had been suspended for two weeks, the same sentencing as Clay. Clay came back to school, but didn't last long. An accident on the stairs caused him to have to go into surgery for his foot. He needed to get pins and screws implanted and had to wear an ankle brace for up to three months for the healing process. So many of the prep and jock community sympathized for him, but not Alice. As unfortunate as it was, he got what he deserved.

The thug, William was back in school. She learned this through the grapevine. Now that he was infamous for beating up Clay, a lot of people respected and feared him. That event gave William a lot of repute and popularity. Alice didn't care much for it, she hardly ever saw the guy, and if she did, she wouldn't know it.

Davey was back in school now, his hand was mostly healed. He didn't have to wear the bandage anymore since they had removed the stitches for him. A pale pink scar now marred his usual pale skin. When she had heard of his return to school, she was one of the first to greet him.

"Hey there! Welcome back!" She said, giving him a big warm hug.

He looked puzzled, as if not sure what to do or say about the gesture. He weakly hugged her back, feeling awkward.

"So how are you feeling? I see your hand has healed nicely!" she said happily, walking with him to their first class together.

"Uh..yeah..it's okay I guess. Why are you...talking to me? Did I miss something?" he asked, still confused.

"That's for sticking up for me! I mean, we're cool now right?" she asked, still smiling.

David looked at her and returned a weak smile, "Yeah. I guess we are cool now. Yeah.."

Alice giggled. For some reason, this boy she was walking with, put her in a good mood. A mood that not even James could put her in. James, her now ex-boyfriend, had dumped her only a week ago for another girl. A plastic cheerleader of sorts, who scored more under the school bleachers, than the football team did on the field. It was fine by Alice, she didn't need someone like him to drag her down.

"So, did you study for the test?" Alice asked as they entered Ms. Wesley's room.

"Test...test?" Davey said absent minded.

"Yeah, the one I dropped off at your house while you were at home during suspension?" Alice said, reminding him.

"Oh! Right, yeah. I'm certain I did," he replied with a grin.

She smiled back at him, it was good to see him smile more now. While he was out of school, Alice volunteered to hand deliver his schoolwork to his house so he could stay on track with the assignments. It was a selfless bold move on her part, and she wanted do something nice for someone. David had opened the door and gawked at her in disbelief.

TWO WEEKS AGO....

"What in the hell are you doing at my house?" he had said.

"Bringing you what you need to pass! Are you gonna let me in or what?" She said as she stood in the doorway.

"David, who's at the door?" his mother had asked.

"Oh..uh...no one mom!" Davey had answered, obviously embarrassed by the awkward situation.

"Here, it's all here for you. So when do you come back to school?" Alice asked as she handed the paperwork over to him.

"In another few weeks I think. Why, you miss me?"

She smiled, "Oh yeah, I miss you like crazy!"

"Thought so. Well hey, I gotta go, but thanks for stopping by. We should catch up on things sometime..or something.." Davey said.

"Yeah, I'd like that sometime. We can be study buddies," Alice said sincerely.

"Uh..yeah..sure. But hey, thanks again, you're a life saver...literally!"

"It's fine, I'll see you a little later than?" Alice asked.

"What? Oh yeah, sure...that's fine." Davey stammered.

"Okay, bye!"

"Bye!" Davey said as he closed the door.

BACK IN THE CLASSROOM.....

They took their seats, still chit chatting about this and that. Clay's seat was empty of course, making the class gossip and whisper about what had happened. Only Davey and Alice didn't partake in the chatter. While they waited for the bell to ring, the other students started to notice something different in the room aside from Clay's absence. A prep and an emo were conversing and getting along. No one could understand why.

When class began, someone tossed a note onto her desk. She opened it to find 'Emo whore' written on it, with a crude drawing on it of her and Davey engaging in oral sex. This upset her greatly, but she did her best to concentrate on her schoolwork. She never really thought about it until right then, she was now fraternizing with the enemy.