Hello My Name Is...

Live Life Laughing

November 10Th 5 months prior 6:30 am

She had everything she could ever want. It was a perfect life. She was going to have her class ring ceremony soon, she had picked out a white gold princess cut, with the school seal and her class number engraved. Alice and her friends knew this wasn't just any ceremony, it was a sign that their school careers were almost complete!

She always got a ride to school by her boyfriend of two years. James was a smart, funny, and sweet guy, worthy of her affection. People would always tell them that they were a perfect couple, meant to last forever. Her parents had well paying jobs, her father a lawyer and her mother worked as a stock broker. Anything Alice wanted, she normally got within reason.
Nothing could shatter her hopes and dreams.

Alice had started applying early to colleges over the summer break, to Yale, Berkley, Harvard, wherever she felt she could really succeed and grow. She scored high on the Sat's and she was confident at least one of those schools would accept her. She was also confident that by Senior graduation, she'd graduate Valedictorian of her class.

At school, she had no enemies, everyone seemed to love her. Everyone wanted to be her, to date her, to even talk to her at lunch. She couldn't understand the thugs, emo's, goths,skaters, or jocks. They seemed so lower class and subhuman to her. The thugs were rowdy and loud, the emo's were just plain depressing, the goths were scary and dark. Skaters were future criminals and delinquents, and the jocks were meat heads who would only make it into college because of a sports scholarship. When she honestly thought about it, no one was really up to her level,or worth her time.

She was never openly mean to them, that's what talking behind ones back was all about. If she did have any enemies, she'd never know about it. But who would honestly want to hate someone as perfect as her?

James pulled up to her house to take her to school. She loved getting rides in his shiny new car. A perfect car for a perfect couple. They would leave for school early, just so they could cruise around aimlessly for a little bit, showing off the car.

"Don't take the long way today, I don't want to be late."

James laughed, "Are we ever late?"

He had a point, they were never tardy.

"Okay, fine. But don't speed this time!" she said with a smile.

James shook his head, still laughing, "You don't want to be late, yet you don't want me to speed so we get there on time?"

Alice threw her hands up in defeat, "Okay okay! Let's just not be late!"

James smiled and leaned over to give her a kiss before starting the car.