Hello My Name Is...

Intro To A Tragedy

THE NEXT SCHOOL DAY.....

Alice hurried to her usual meeting place where she linked up with her friends. Ever since she had started talking to that boy, her friends started to disperse. Ignoring her, not acknowledging her input during a conversation. She hated that feeling, of being invisible, but did her best to deal with it. It would blow over, and things would return to normal she hoped.
But deep down, she knew it wasn't possible, not as long as she had him as a friend.

"Hey Kim, Sarah, and Janet! Whats up?" Alice said cheerfully as she walked up to their small group.

"Hey Alice. Where's your boyfriend emo boy?" Janet said rudely.

"What are you talking about?" Alice said with a frown.

"Oh come on, aren't you guys sleeping together? Dating? Kissing? Holding hands?" Kim said, giving Alice a furrowed brow and disgusted look.

"No! We haven't done any of that stuff, and we aren't dating!" exclaimed Alice defensively.

"Well that is not what we hear. Listen Alice, we like you and all, but if you want to stay friends with us, you gotta ditch Donnie Darko!" Sarah said, looking Alice up and down with condescending eyes.

"For real, you're better than that freak! I mean, just look at him!" Kim said.

"You guys are wrong, he's not like that! He's a really sweet nice guy once you get to know him," Alice said, her eyes darting frantically from one girl to the other, hoping one of them would understand.

"Uh..no. We don't want to get to know that thing! It scares us, and we hate things that scare us," Janet said coldly.

"Yeah, it's bad enough we have to go to school with those bloodsucking goths and skater bastards! What's next, rapists and Axe murderers?!" Kim said, causing the other girls to burst out with laughter.

"You know what, forget you, all of you. I'd rather be friends with an emo guy who actually listens and talks to me, than to hang out with prissy stuck up bitches like you!" Alice said, and with that, she turned and walked away.

"Stupid cunt!" one of the girls called after her, but Alice made no sign of having heard it or even cared.

They were wrong, Davey wasn't as bad as people made him out to be. It seemed like it was only her and Davey, a fragile pathetic alliance of two different worlds that were on the brink of destruction. She was glad that she wasn't like those other girls anymore, and she was glad that she had met Davey.

She turned the corner and was heading to her locker, when she ran into someone. She stumbled and apologized, but the other person only ignored her.

"You've seen Davey or William around?" the person asked.

Alice stared at the person, they were wearing dark sunglasses, had a backpack on, and a strange looking brace on their left foot. Their voice sounded familiar too.

"Clay?" Alice asked, looking a little harder at the boy in front of her.

"Have you seen any of those skater punks?" he asked, his voice low and deep.

"No, but what's going on?" she asked, looking him over with growing confusion.

"Never mind that, just stay away from me okay?" the figure said, and started to walk off down the hall.

"Wait! What are you talking about? What are you doing?" Alice called after him.

He ignored her and kept walking, his stride easy, calm, assured. Alice didn't like this one bit, and she felt she had to do something. Instead of running to tell a teacher or other faculty member of her observations, she went off to find Davey before this guy did.

Davey wasn't at school yet, so he wouldn't be at his locker. She doubled back to where she had her argument with the girls, to ask them if they'd seen Davey or any of the other names the strange figure asked about. They said no, and headed off to class.

Alice was confused, not sure exactly what was going on, or what was even happening.
Then she heard it, a number of loud 'Cracks' and 'Pops'. It sounded like fireworks coming from outside....