Hello My Name Is...

The Second Tragedy

AT DAVEY'S LOCKER....

Davey was late for school, his bus had been late due to a severe traffic jam on the roads. He grumbled as he made his way into the building. He needed to get to his locker to get a few things before he went to his first period class. He felt bad for Alice, normally they would meet at his locker and then proceed to walk to class together. He hoped she didn't think he had ditched her.

Suddenly,a loud noise was heard from outside. At first, he thought it was just some ruckus from the technology education wing which was in the next building over. But then he heard it again, and again, and again. He strained his hearing, trying to figure out just what that noise was. It sounded like someone was either popping really loud popcorn, or was setting off firecrackers. The noise was different though, and it made him uneasy.

Davey heard some noise coming from the nearby stairwell, someone was running up the stairs noisily. He turned his attention to the closed red door, awaiting with held breath, to see who would emerge from those doors. Suddenly William, that thug, burst through the doors. He was wet with sweat and panting heavily. He look haggard, as if he had been running a marathon while crying heavily.

"What's going on man?" Davey asked, confused by the thugs sudden appearance and actions.

"Run...fuck-ing...ru-nnn.." William panted as he tried to catch his breath.

"I don't understand what you're-."

"FUCKING RUN! GET OUT OF HERE! MUTHA FUCKA'S PACKIN GATS AND HEAT!!" William screamed, taking off again down the hall.

Davey was left there, even more confused, and a little scared. A few students and teachers poked their heads out of their classroom doors, curious as to what the shouting was about.
Davey walked over to the stairwell that William had burst out of. He opened the door and peered down the stair well. He heard someone coming up the stairs.

"Hello?" Davey called out, prompting the person ascending the stairs to stop.

"Who's there?"

The walking started back up, the footsteps heavy and slow. They grew closer, making Davey even more uneasy as the heavy footsteps grew louder and louder as they closed the distance gap. A figure suddenly appeared from around the corner, his dark sunglasses were speckled with the sweat that dotted the strangers brow. The stranger had a look of surprise, as if Davey had caught him off guard. Davey noticed the large camo backpack, and something long and dark in the strangers hands. Before Davey could react, the stranger brought the object to his shoulder and pulled the trigger.

"CLICK!" went the now identified rifle.

"Oh...shit..." Davey uttered, and turned to run.

"Shit!" exclaimed the shooter and threw down the rifle in disgust, only to fish out a high powered pistol.

Davey ran down the hall as fast as he could, occasionally looking back over his shoulder. His heart stopped when he saw the shooter exit the stairway doors and take aim.

"Stop!" the shooter shouted as he lined up his shot.

Davey ignored him, and kept on running aimlessly down the long hall. If he could keep up this pace, he could duck out into the Tech Ed wing and get help. A loud gunshot caused him to instinctively duck down as he ran. The students observing the scene, screamed and ducked back into their classrooms, slamming the doors closed and locking them. Davey could hear them screaming in terror and panic, as this anarchy unfolded.

Another gunshot, the bullet whizzing by and missing Davey's neck. The heat and sonic boom of the sonic munition burnt his skin and rang in his ears. Davey fell, his equilibrium off balance from the sudden millisecond pressure change the bullet had caused. He got back to his feet, but another gunshot had him back down seeking cover. There was no cover in this hallway, Davey was just lucky this guy was a horrible shot. But another shot ended that assumption.

Davey pitched forward, feeling a burning stinging pain in his right leg above the knee. He cried out in fear and pain, feeling the icy hot sensation of his blood pouring out of the ruined leg. He dragged himself, crawling. Another gunshot caused the locker by his head to spark, another miss. Another gun shot nicked his left ear lobe, taking a slice out of the soft tender cartilage. He cried out, clutching his now damaged ear. He couldn't hear anything from that ear now, the heat and sonic boom had blown out his eardrum. Blood now dribbled from his ear canal and lobe. He kept crawling, gasping, sweating, bleeding, crying, praying.

"Davey!" a female voice cried out to him.

He looked up, and saw Alice's shocked face. He wanted to scream at her, to tell her to get away, escape, live. But he couldn't find his voice, he was too busy screaming from the pain.
He watched in horror, as she began to run towards him, the shooter head ahead of them....