Hello My Name Is...

Just Him And I

THE FOLLOWING SATURDAY AT THE SCHOOL....

Alice waited patiently for her date. He was going to show up a little late he had said. She was more than willing to wait for him. She stood outside, where a few other students were loitering as well. She had her hair and nails done, she had bought new shoes and a dress. She would have normally gotten a shorter and more revealing dress if she was still with James. But she wasn't, her date was a special one this time around. She opted for taste and cuteness, over sexy and provocative.

She saw his car pull up and park in the appointed parking area. She saw him get out of his car and casually walk towards her. She gasped when he got closer, and she could get a better look at him. He was dressed in an all black suit, with a black tie, red shirt. His hair was cut shorter, with the bangs styled. She had never seen him with short hair, let alone dressed up.

He looked her up and down and smiled, impressed by her attire. He handed her a single white rose, which she accepted joyfully. She brought it to her nose to smell it.

"They say that white means healing and stuff. I wanted to get you a red one, but they were all out and tend to be cliche'," he said nervously.

"It's beautiful, I would have loved it no matter what color it was," Alice said, standing on the tips of her toes to give him a kiss on the cheek.

The linked arms and walked into the school. They ran into a lot of her friends, all of them smiling and laughing. Davey seemed uneasy, almost as if he wanted walk away from the group. Alice gave his arm a reassuring squeeze and smiled at him.

"If you want, we can go see some of your friends," Alice said after the group of girls left them.

"No point, none are here," Davey said sadly.

"No true, look," Alice said, pointing at a small group of students.

Davey looked to where she was pointing, and saw Jack and Ricky. Both had dates to the dance. They spotted Davey and made their way over to them.

"Dude, good of you to come and represent!" Jack said, giving Davey a handshake and hug.

"This is Erica, she's from another school," Jack said, introducing his date.

"Hi, pleased to meet you, " his date said, giving Davey a gentle handshake and smile.

She turned and gave Alice the same handshake and smile.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a second man?" Ricky said, pulling Davey off to the side.

Davey shot Alice a concerned look, but she nodded. Davey went off to the side to talk with Ricky. They remained in eyesight.

"So, how's he doing?" Jack asked.

"He's good, at least from what I can see. Do you guys still talk?" Alice replied, still staring at Davey.

"Not as much anymore, but I suppose it's a good thing. It means we both have a lot of things going on in our lives," Jack said with a smile.

Suddenly, James appeared out of nowhere, his date behind him. She looked like a straight up tramp in her dress and heavy makeup. He sauntered over to her, telling his date to hold tight.

"So where's your pet emo?" he said at her with a snide smile.

"He's not my pet emo James, where's your female escort service?" Alice shot back at him.

She could tell her remark bothered him, but he only took a step back and grinned, "At least she puts out better than some skanks I've been known to bang around here!"

Everyone in the lobby grew silent to this, an uneasy silence. Alice saw Davey had stopped talking with Ricky, both of them staring at the scene. Alice wished Davey would come over and save her.

James continued, "You really should be careful who you tell all your deepest darkest secrets to Alice! i know a lot of shit that I'm certain your little boyfriend wouldn't want to hear!"

Alice narrowed her eyes at him, he wouldn't dare!

"How about the time when-,"

"Stop it!" Alice shouted at him, cutting him off.

James smiled, knowing he had found her weak point, and delighted in it.

He continued, "You know what I'm talking about, that night you got real drunk. Hell, anyone could have had a turn with you that night! You were a piece of cheap easy ass! You were lucky I was there to beat off those guys with a stick! More for me!"

Alice took a bold step towards him, "I said stop it! Shut up!"

James laughed evilly, he wanted to humiliate her in front of Davey and the entire school. He wanted to make her hate herself, just like an emo would.

"It's amazing what a few drinks can do to a person! It loosens a lot of things up y'know? Things that are normally kept under lock and key if that person were to be sober....poor poor Alice, did someone take advantage of you? Did someone trick you and take your cherry?" James said in a teasing voice.

"Just stop it!" Alice screamed, covering her face with her hands.

"Why don't you just leave her alone asshole?!" Davey said suddenly, walking up to James and standing between him and Alice.

"Eww, what's the emo gonna do? Fuck my shit up?!" James asked, laughing.

"He may not, but I sure as hell will!" said a familiar voice.

Everyone turned to see the thug William standing in the doorway. He was dressed in a pair of khakis, white button up shirt, and a simple black tie. He walked up to James and stood there, eye to eye.

"This doesn't concern you dip shit.." James said coldly.

"It does now. Cause if he doesn't beat your ass, I will," William said, staring James in the eyes.

"Look at you man, you can't get any play, so you take advantage of girls? You that much of a pussy? Or is it cause you can't perform under pressure? Or maybe your homophobic punk ass is actually just what you hate so God damned much. You like boys muthafucka?"

James glared long and hard at William, the insult cutting deep. James turned away, then quickly doubled back and made a mock punch at William, who didn't even flinch. James frowned at the failed attempt to shake the thug up.

"I got my eye on you, you do anything to fuck with anyone around here tonight, you'll have to deal with me. And you should know better than to piss off a black man," William said, and walked away.

James turned red from embarrassment, he had lost his momentum. He tried to stammer a come back to Williams insults, but only sounded like a moron. Flustered, he grabbed his dates hand and walked out of the building.

Davey gave his full attention now to Alice, asking her if she was okay. She nodded with a long sigh. She was still upset from the hurtful things James had said. Davey hugged her close.

"I'm sorry," she whispered in his ear.

"For what?" he asked.

"For you having to hear all that, I don't want you to think any less of me," Alice said, on the verge of crying.

"Nonsense, what you've done in the past is the past. Mistakes and all. Who am I to judge you?"

Alice smiled and hugged him tight, giving him a gentle kiss on the lips, "Thank you so much Davey.."

Davey smiled, "Don't worry about it. Now, let's get in there before it's morning."

They linked arms again and proceeded into the gym that was serving as the dance hall.