Hello My Name Is...

Lil Further Down The Road

YEARS LATER....

Alice was driving through late night traffic, not her most favorite time of the day. She had only a limited amount of time to make it home. She was stressed and in a crabby mood, the traffic not helping. Her days at the office were long and challenging, but an all out incredible job. After she had graduated high school, she went to law school and studied to be an attorney. Realizing it wasn't her true passion, she went into accounting instead. It wasn't as well paying as an attorney, but it was enjoyable and it paid the bills.

She sighed impatiently, picking up her cell phone to call home.

"Hello?" the voice on the other end answered.

"Hey honey, how are you and the kids?" she asked with a smile.

"Oh we're all doing fine. Allison's team won at soccer today, and Trent is still working at being potty trained, but he's getting there. How are you doing, you going to be home soon for tonight?"

Alice sighed, "Yeah, as soon as this damned traffic hurries up. I'm sorry hon, you know how I hate being late for things!"

Her husband laughed, "Yeah, I know! Oh yeah, the baby sitter will be here in about twenty-minutes, did you get the kids dinner?"

"Yeah, I got it right here. I just hope it doesn't get cold before I get home. Are you all set for tonight?" Alice said, checking her makeup in the mirror.

"Yeah, I'm all set. Let me guess though, you're putting your makeup on in the mirror again aren't you?" her husband said with a laugh.

"Ugh, yeah, how'd you know?!

"All women apply eyeliner with their mouths open! And when you try to talk...it's obvious babe!" her husband said with a chuckle.

"Oh whatever! You think you're so smart huh?" Alice said, laughing because it was true.

"Mmhmm, oh crap. Hey, I gotta go, Trent's complaining about something, better go and check it out. See you when you get home sweetie!"

"Okay, I'll see you in few, shouldn't be too much longer now..." Alice said, about to hang up, but suddenly remembered something.

"Oh yeah, David, make sure we don't forget to leave the babysitter our contact info!"

David sighed, "Oh right, of course! I got it...here! Okay, see you soon, love you hon, bye!"

"Love you too, bye."

She hung up the phone, nothing had really changed over the years. They had a small falling out near the end of her Senior year, since she wanted to go study law. They tried a long distance relationship, but it didn't work out. After she dropped out of law school and moved back to her hometown to study at the local university, did she run into Davey again. He had changed, not so emo, but he still had the rocker look.

They started to date again, the relationship becoming serious again. And that one night, on their vacation to the beach together, Davey asked her to marry him. Two years later, they had their first child Allison. Six years later, they had their little boy Trent. Married for eight years now, and still going strong.

James, the last she heard was that he was in prison for various sex charges on minors and underage drinking with college students. One student died from alcohol poisoning. He was up for parole in forty.

Tonight was a special night for Alice and Davey, a night that they had been looking forward to for years....