Hello My Name Is...

Pay Now, Or Pain Now

November 10Th 5 months prior 7:03 am

Seth pushed the underclassman into the chain link fence, not giving the kid a chance to move or escape. Seth knew this kid was afraid of him and his gang, all of them tough looking skater punks. Him and his gang normally didn't rough up people without a good reason, but this was an exception.

"You little bastard, what the fuck do you think you're doing?!" Reese said coldly, getting right up in the kids face.

"N-nothing man! I'm not doing anything to mess with you guys! What do you guys want?!" the kid replied, trying to keep his cool.

"Look at him, the little shit thinks he has some balls does he?" Dan said, giving the kid another hard shove into the fence.

"Okay, enough guys! Listen here asshole, don't get in our way ever again you hear?! If you see us doing something that you don't like or agree with, just fucking walk away! That's all you gotta do, instead of ratting us out to the teachers and shit!" Seth said, raising his clenched fist in a mock punch.

The kid cowered, awaiting a sound beating, but it never came. The older boys still stood in a tight circle around him, glaring down hard at him.

The poor kid had stumbled upon the group smoking on school grounds outside in the parking lot near the rear loading area. Recently, the teachers and staff had been told about students smoking on the school grounds and were cracking down on it. Not that this kid had necessarily told on them, they just wanted to make sure he never did. Wrong place, at the wrong time.

"This is your last and final warning. Go off and tell anyone about this, and you'll be wishing your daddy pulled out early!" Seth said coldly, giving the kid a hard slap to the back of his head.

The circle opened up, and the kid ran off, his books clutched tightly to his chest.
The guys laughed, giving each other high fives, except for Seth. He watched the kid run off, spat, then shook his head. He turned to face his friends.

"Okay look guys, we don't fuck with people unless we have to okay? If someone fucks with one of us, they've fucked with all of us alright? Preps don't bother us as much as they used to, the goths and emos tend to keep to themselves. The plastics and jocks keep trying beef, but they're scared of us. Our only real problem? Those mother fucking thugs!"

The guys nodded, agreeing with Seth, some of them pounding their fists into her open palms.

"Now I know they look big and mean, but it's all just a front right? They ain't shit!" Seth said as he started to walk to class, the others followed closely.

Seth was the leader of their group. Sure there were other skater punks out there, but this was Seth's gang. Consisting of Reese, Dan, Micah, Cole, and Scott. Seth was the toughest and oldest out of them, Reese and Dan would be Seniors, but failed a few years back and were Juniors. Micah and Cole were Juniors as well. Scott was the only Sophomore. The group hardly ever let in new members, let a lone a Freshman.
They were close, but Reese and Dan were the closest to Seth. Only Reese knew about Seth's home situation, and knew better than to speak of it.

As they headed to class, each member would split off to their respected classrooms. They would give each other playful punches to the arm before going in, knowing they'd see each other at lunch.

Dan and Micah shared a class, they left the group first. Cole went to his class next, leaving Seth, Reese, and Scott talking and walking through the halls.

"So Seth, what's going on this weekend man?" Scott asked casually.

"I dunno man, I haven't gotten that far. I hardly ever plan ahead these days, I mean, what's the fuckin point?" Seth replied, stopping at a water fountain for a drink.

"Well, I was thinking, if you weren't doing anything..." Scott's voice trailed off as he sized up a girl walking by.

"Dude, spit it out already!" Reese said impatiently.

"What? Oh sorry, yeah. I was thinking we could hang out this weekend man, go skating and chill at my house. It'd be cool right?"

Seth finished what he was doing and nodded, "Yeah sure, I'll have to check with me old man though, but I doubt he'll care."

Reese nodded and looked away, uncomfortable with the remark.

A Thug sauntered by, looking them up and down. He gave them an ignorant roll of the eyes, followed by a sarcastic smile. Seth cocked his head to the side and returned the smile. Reese narrowed his eyes, Scott stared back with unease.

The thug snickered to himself and kept walking. Scott turned his gaze and attention to the departing student and blurted out, "Homo thug!"

The thug stopped dead in his tracks, and slowly turned around, "Da fuck did you say motha fucka?!"

Seth groaned and stood up straight, Reese did the same and took his hands out of his pockets. Scott tried to look tough, but wasn't fooling anyone.

"Aw hell no! This lil bitch tryin to be all hard and shit! Him with his other two gay ass motha fuckas!" the thug shouted at them, causing everyone else in the halls to stop and pause.

Seth stepped forward, "Listen man, we don't got a beef right now, so just step off okay?"

The thug smiled and shook his head in disbelief, "Yo right son, dis ain't our beef. It's that lil punk ass bitches beef, with me. So why don't you step back up offa my nuts for you get yoself stomped aight?!"

The thug had pointed a finger at Scott, who slowly backed away, Seth and Reese shot each other looks of irritation, and Seth placed his hand on Scott's shoulder to steady him.

"You got a problem with him, you got a problem with all of us here, got it?" Seth said, stepping forward.

The thug took a few steps forward too, challenging Seth. Reese stayed back, knowing this was between Seth and the thug now.

"Your move bitch! You ain't shit without your boys now are you huh?" the thug said, getting right up in Seth's face.

Seth stood there, like a mountain, "Are you done yet? Cause when you are, we can start fighting."

The thugs nerve dropped, he hesitated, fumbling with his words, "What da fuck?! Okay, let's go then! Your shot bitch!"

Seth immediately dropped his bag and put his fists up, ready to throw down. The thug backed up a few feet, losing his nerve yet again.

"C'mon mother fucker! Fight me! Fucking fight me! I wanna fight you! C'mon!" Seth screamed, advancing towards the thug.

The thug backed up a few feet, but was stopped when a teacher walked onto the scene, coming between the two of them.

The thug smiled, "You lucky punk!" and walked away.

"Okay, shows over! Get to class everyone, nothing to see here!" the teacher said, causing the collected audience to move along.

The teacher gave Seth a long hard stare, then Reese and Scott, before turning and walking away themselves.

Seth lowered his fists and picked up his bag, his jaw clenched tightly in anger. Scott and Reese walked up to Seth.

"Way to show him man," Reese said, giving Seth daps.

"Kick ass!" Scott exclaimed excitedly.

Seth suddenly grabbed Scott by the collar and slammed him into a locker.

"You stupid fuck! What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Seth hissed in Scott's face.

Scott whimpered and struggled against Seth's anger spurred hold, "I-I-I didn't mean to! I mean, nothing happened right?!"

Seth slammed Scott hard against the locker again, glaring deep into his eyes, "You don't start shit, and expect me to finish it! That's a bitch move! I'm not going to fight your fucking fights and pay the price for it! You understand?!"

Scott nodded, sweating and fearful.

"You join this gang, you fight your own fights, and we'll back you up. But if you seriously deserve an ass whipping, we'll stand down and let you take it." Reese said as he calmly stood next to Seth.

He agreed with his friend, what just happened was not worth a fight and getting into trouble over.

"From here on out, you keep your damned mouth shut, and don't start any shit you can't finish! We will not bail you out again if that happens, got it?!" Seth said, giving Scott one last final shove before releasing him.

"We gotta get to class man!" Reese said, handing Seth and Scott their bags.

"Right, see you at lunch." Seth said, following Reese to class.

Scott stood their by himself, unsure and uncertain of what to make of what had just happened. He hated being told what to do, and he hated being someones lackey, but he hated it when he was wrong and they were right. He shook his head, shrugged, and made his way to class.