Hello My Name Is...

Cosmetically Superficial

November 10Th 5 months prior 6:59 am

Alice held James hand as they walked through the halls of the school. She hated leaving him to go to class, she felt as though she couldn't live without him. She was perfect for him, and he was perfect for her. She even changed him, turning him from a once white boy thug, into a clean cut prep.

One of Alice's ex-friends had told her, "Be careful with James, he used to a hardcore player."

Of course Alice cut ties with her, why would she want to remain friends with someone who was just jealous of her man? James would never hurt her, why would anyone want to mess with someone like her? She was simply perfect in every aspect!

"Okay babe, I'll see you later okay?" James said, leaning over to give her a quick kiss.

She smiled, returned the kiss, "At lunch than?"

He nodded with a smile and a wink, then turned to climb the stairs up to the third floor for his first class. Alice had some time to kill, seven minutes to be exact. She walked down the hall towards her first class, knowing she'd pass some of her friends on the way. She loved walking down the hall, knowing every guy wanted her, and every girl wanted to be her. It honestly turned her on.

She made a stop at a group of girls gathered around some lockers, smiling and waving at them. They returned the smile and waved, sarcastic and cynical.

"Goth bitches.." Alice mumbled to herself as she passed them, faking her smile as if she were their friend.

Suddenly, some shouting caught her attention. A large crowd of students was already gathering around in a semi circle. She was curious, and pushed her way through the crowd to see what all the fuss was about. She saw three guys and a thug.

The thug was challenging the one guy, who looked like a skater punk. She detested those sorts of people, no better than immature criminals with hard ons. There looked like a fight was about to happen, the other two skaters stood to the side. One looked completely calm, the other looked terrified and nervous. But no sooner had it started, Ms. Wesley broke it up.
Everyone went back to what they were doing, going their separate ways.

Ms. Wesley was her teacher for English, a young woman with an open mind. She was fun and easygoing, but her exams and essays were murder!

"Hi Ms. Wesley! How are you today?" Alice said with a smile as she walked into the classroom.

"I'm fine Alice, and you?"

"I'm doing super! What was all of that about out there?" Alice asked, taking her seat which sat at the front of the room.

"Oh nothing, just some boys getting into an argument. It hardly ever comes to blows though, it's just a standoff of nerves is all," Ms. Wesley said with a wave of her hand.

The bell was about to ring, more and more students filtered in and took their respected seats all around the classroom. The last student in was that depressing lame emo kid, Davey. Alice didn't pay much mind to him or his kind, he was a psycho with issues who needed to get a life. As he passed her, she rolled her eyes and made a face of disgust.
Clay saw her and laughed.

Alice liked Clay, if she wasn't dating James, she'd have dated him instead. He was a tall, muscular boy, preppy and sort of a jokester. He was the class clown, no one was safe from his jokes and humor. He made Alice laugh, and for that she liked him.

She laughed and shot him a saucy smile with a lip curl, something she had picked up as a kid at summer camp. The camp would have a dance in the mess hall, with snacks, music, and dancing. It was the one time the girls would wear extra makeup, and dress extra nice. All the girls in Alice's cabin would make sure to bring at least three outfits to wear at the occasion. Summer camp was where Alice had her first kiss amongst other things.

Clay looked around cautiously, before tossing her a folded up paper. She opened it and read it.

"I think you're hot!"

She giggled, setting down the paper and casting Clay a suspicious glance.

He smiled, "It's true!"

"Oh Clay, you're such a jokester! Me, pretty? I'm not the least bit!" Alice said, knowing she was, she just liked to hear it from someone else.

"I'm not joking! God, everyone thinks I'm joking when I'm being serious! When will you ever realize I'm being serious?" Clay said.

Still smiling, Alice replied, "I'll know when I stop laughing! You're such a dork!"

"Really? Than why haven't you thrown it away yet" Clay retorted with a grin.

"I need evidence! Proof that someone things I'm hot!" Alice said with a flirty laugh.

"Your boyfriend must think you're hot right?"

Alice nodded, "Yeah of course! But a second opinion is always nice right?"

Ms. Wesley cut the conversation short, "Okay class, let's get started here. Quiet down now so we can start! Today's lesson is about great European literature. Who can give me some names?"

Someone raised their hand, "William Shakespeare!"

"Correct!" said Ms. Wesley, "Anyone else?"

Another hand shot up, "Edgar Allen Poe!"

"No, he was from Baltimore! Anyone else?" Ms. Wesley said, looking around the room.

"Come on class, someone has to at least know another.."

"Chaucer," someone said from the back of the room.

"Very good David! Yes, in fact he's the one we are going to be learning about today. Open your text books to page 237 and we'll begin with his most influential and well known work, the 'Canterbury Tales'."

A groan rose through the class, but Alice was certain Davey wasn't one of them. Of course that kid knew about Chowder..or whatever his name was! He was one of those poetry reading, writing losers who cut themselves and exploit themselves on mimba..or nimbus..or whatever that damned website was for literary retards!

"David, why don't you start us off hm?" Ms. Wesley said, singling him out of the class.

Davey sighed and grumbled, but complied to the request. He started to read, his voice monotone and bored, as if reading was taking his breath away.

"Louder! We can't hear you up front!" someone shouted, followed by inappropriate laughter from a few people.

"David, pleas speak up so the rest of the class can hear you," Ms. Wesley instructed.

Davey bit his lower lip in annoyance, sat up straight, and read it out loud in a louder tone.

"Tone it down man! Now it's too loud!" someone else shouted, followed by more laughter.

"Way to show him man!" a student said, giving the berater a high five, "That was fucking cool!"

Sometimes, Alice wanted to feel bad for the poor little emo boy, but she knew that was exactly what he wanted. Their kind always wanted sympathy, and it made her sick! Why else would a person cut themselves? She had never personally seen any of his cuts, she knew he had them there somewhere on his body, their kind always had cuts and scars. It came with the territory, just like how her kind were destined to be nothing short of perfect and beautiful.

She looked back towards the back of the room, and gave Davey a sympathetic smile. He looked at her, his eyes narrowed, but he kept reading. She turned back around with a pout, she wanted to tease him a little, make him think she wanted him.

She turned to face him again, and got his attention by staring at him. He met her gaze, but kept reading, his eyes darting from the textbook back to her. She blinked her eyes seductively at him, and playfully nibbled on her finger. He only smiled and shook his head, ignoring her.

At the end of class, Alice gathered her things and happened to shoot a glance o Davey in the back. He was already out of his seat, putting his books into his black messenger back and was heading out of the door. She followed him, sticking close to his back.

"What do you want?" he said, not even turning around to face her.

"Oh uh..nothing, just heading to homeroom is all!" she retorted, caught off guard but trying to keep her cool.

"Well could you kindly do it a couple paces either in front or behind me? You're annoying the hell out of me right now," he said bitterly.

That set her off, "Well why don't you walk ahead of me, or drop back a couple feet than? If I'm bugging you so much?!"

"I was walking here first, why should I cater myself to your useless needs Barbie? I know you were trying to fuck with me back there in class. Truth is, I don't like you, I don't want to have anything to do with you. I'm not like the other guys, I don't feen and pine after scraps of silicone and bot ox," Davey said, still not looking at Alice.

"Hey! Look at me!" Alice snapped, placing a firm hand on Davey's shoulder and spinning him around to face her.

He looked neutral, bored, emotionless. It was odd, weren't these kind of people supposed to be emotionally unstable or something?

"I'm not a plastic, so don't compare me to those fru fru bitches okay?! I've got something they don't have, brains!"

Davey smirked, "Yeah, and probably the clap, and herpes and God knows what else!"

Alice lost it she went to slap him, but a strong arm stopped her.

"You okay Alice?" Clay asked, looking from her to the emo kid walking down the hall.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just that little prick said some mean shit about me is all," Alice said bitterly, trying not to cry.

"Oh he did, did he?" Clay said, walking a furious pace towards the departing kid.

When Clay reached Davey, he gave Davey a hard shove into the lockers, "The fuck is your problem freak?!"

Davey rolled with the shove, not caring, not looking Clay in the face. Alice felt bad for a moment, just a moment. Had she instigated another student getting beat up? The thought quickly left her mind, as she remembered what he had said to her.

"Answer me you fuck!" Clay shouted, giving Davey a slap over the head.

Davey stayed quiet, soaking in the abuse. Clay got bored, and gave Davey another hard shove, "Fuck you bitch!" and walked away from him.

As Clay walked back towards Alice, Davey picked up his dropped bag and turned to face them.

"Why don't you just go outside, and play hide and go fuck yourself!" he shouted, standing defiantly.

Clay grit his teeth, and he spun on his heel to trudge back to his verbal assailant.

Suddenly, two skater punk stepped in and blocked Clays path.

"Get the fuck out of my way asshole!" Clay shouted in the skaters face.

The skater kept his cool, staring deep and hard into Clay's eyes, challenging him.

"I said move bitch!" Clay shouted again, demanding the kid to move.

Clay wasn't used to being ignored or disobeyed, which made him even angrier. How dare this loser step in and interfere!

Clay raised a fist to strike, but the skater quickly gave Clay a hard shove, while sweeping his right foot behind Clays left foot. Clay stumbled and fell back heavily onto the hard floor. Students all around hissed and grimaced with the loud impact. Clay wasn't sure which was more unbearable, the pain or the embarrassment.

"Stay down or get put down," the skater punk said coldly.

Alice didn't like him, he seemed dangerous, like one of those freaks who would shoot up a school. She could only stand there, wide eyed as the scene came to a close.
The skater punk and his friend walked past Davey, ignoring him completely as if he were invisible. Davey exhaled loudly, looked up at the ceiling, then turned and walked away to his homeroom.

Alice knelt down and helped Clay up, "Are you okay?"

He nodded, "Yeah, those little fagots got the jump on me is all! It won't happen again if I cross them!"

He sounded embarrassed, doing his best to sound tough and hard. He could have pulled it off, if he wasn't limping like an injured dog.

"Ow! I think I either sprained or pulled something in my ankle!" Clay complained.

This was a big deal to him and his prize lacrosse team, since he was their best player.

A male teacher stepped out of a classroom, "What just happened here?" he asked.

"Great, now you show up!" Alice thought to herself, as she helped Clay to the school nurse.

A student told the teacher, who in turn, marched off to the office to report this to the principle.
The teacher would make sure that that skater punk kid would get reprimanded for his assault on another student.