Status: RIP James Owen Sullivan. We all miss you. You'll always be in our hearts. <3

Ignorance is Kind

Thirteen.

I jumped back, not expecting his kiss. My face heated up. I didn't know what to say, or do, or even think. What I did know was that that was the most amazing kiss I'd ever had and that it was wrong. I wanted more, and that petrified me.

Matt stared at me. His beautiful hazel eyes were filled to the rim with worry. I didn't blame him. I knew exactly what he was scared of. He was worried that I would jump up and scream. He was scared that I would call Zacky. He was terrified that I would tell the cops and he would lose his job and be arrested.

"Shit, Hope. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. That was stupid and wrong. I shouldn't have taken advantage of the situation like that. I'm so sor-"

I had to interrupt him. His apology was only making things worse. "Matt!" I placed my hand on his cheek. "It's fine."

He shook his head. "No, it's not! I-"

I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his. The tension that had been hold his body rigid went away as relaxed into the kiss. His hands found their way to my waist and he pulled me closer. His lips moved hungrily against mine.

All previous thoughts that had clouded my head disappeared. The only thing I could think of was how wonderful his lips felt on mine. All I could think about was how much I wanted him.

Just as Matt was getting ready to pull me even closer to him, the phone rang. The thoughts I'd had before pushed themselves back into my head and I jumped off of the couch.

Matt and I stared at each other for the next two rings. I lightly shook my head, then darted off into the kitchen to answer the phone.

"Hello?" My voice was winded.

"Hope? It's Zacky."

"Oh! Sorry. I uh- I just got out of the shower," I tried to explain.

"Where's Matt?"

My heart stopped momentarily. "Matt is, um... Matt- He went home to get a change of clothes."

"Oh. Well, I'm just calling to check up on you. I'll be home in a few hours."

"Oh- Okay. Thanks, Zack. I'll...see you later."

Zacky said goodbye and I hung up. I leaned my back up against the wall and took a deep breath. What the fuck had just happened? Better question: Why the fuck had I just let that happen? It was wrong; so, so, so wrong. And Matt was a 28-year-old man. He didn't like me; how could he? It'd be immoral. He was just a horny guy, and my teacher at that! I had just fucked everything up.

I pushed off of the wall and walked back into the living room. Matt looked up at me when he heard me enter. I looked him straight in the eyes. "I'm going to sleep." I turned and walked to the hallway and into my room.

Right as I was shutting my bedroom door I heard Matt's voice. "Fuck!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Fillerrrrr.
I'll have another update out tomorrow. :)
Comment?
xoxo,Aleka.